Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
Free cancellation until 30/01/22
PricelineUS$70
TravelocityUS$72
ZenHotels.comUS$79
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, we booked because we wanted a lake view, and the room did not disappoint! Really spacious and clean, with robes to wear to the Onsen.
Our room on the fourth floor had a lovely view, the beds were super and we slept really well. The rooms have a sink, and toilets are on each floor.

We watched the fireworks from the lake side one night and from our room with some wine on the second. Although I would say definitely go outside and watch them as it’s a much better experience!

We used the Onsen facilities on both nights, we went down around 10:30pm as it was quieter then, the showers are communal and next to the onsen.
One good thing about this is that as someone with tattoos, I could use the facilities. Despite the online policy stating tattooed people can’t use them, as there are no other showers available you have no alternative. So if you have tattoos from my experience this hotel allows them. Also no-one I encountered in the bath batted an eyelid at mine and I have four, and none of the instructions in the Onsen stated no tattoos so all good!

Breakfast was traditional Japanese, not really my thing but it went down very well with other guests. The fish & egg were very good though!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a traditional experience, and it’s a great location on the lakeside, near some good restaurants and also the public foot bath.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

I came to visit lake Toya 2 times with my family. I didn't hesitate to stay here for both. I booked room with dinner - lamp bbq menu. It has meat more than we expected and it is so delicious. Onzen is good. The owner is really cheerful and energized. I love this hotel and recommend to stay here during the firework period. It's awesome with peaceful scenery.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 123sukidayo
Reviewed 31 May 2019

As some of the reviewers already noted - Toyako is a very small place and the choice of hotels is limited. This hotel was fairly priced in comparison with the other options which were several times more expensive.

The hotel is in a very good location, right next to the lake. The view from the hotel windows is amazing, and during summer times, you can enjoy the fireworks without leaving the hotel.

The rooms, however, are in a pretty bad condition. While big in size, the room was very worn and dirty. The windows have not been washed in a while (which i find strange for a hotel that its biggest advantage is the view on the lake), and dust was everywhere. We did not have dinner, but breakfast was alright. We didn't have anything bad to say about the service.

Bottom line - It is perfectly worth it for a 1 night stay, given the price being low and lack of other fairly priced alternatives.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

First off, make sure you know what you’re getting into in Toyako—its a SUPER small village with not much to do and no real town to walk around. The lake is nice but its also a lake.

The hotel was fine, nothing special to write home about. It’s pretty outdated both in the lobby and in the rooms. The Japanese rooms are just mattresses on a platform, not futons. Plus the tatami mats in my room have been replaced with plastic ones so that was kind of a bummer. It is right on the lake, so if you’re there between April and October you can watch the fireworks at 8:45AM from your room.

You have to reserve dinner 24 hours in advance and they will not accommodate you if you give them less time. There are very minimal options to eat anywhere else since all the hotels only serve their guests so its basically the only option. Dinner was surprisingly good for the rest of the place being kind of pitiful, except the automatic soup dispense which is pretty gross but you can just ignore its existance. Breakfast was mediocre but there’s nothing else in town.

The onsen was average, couldn’t really tell if it was clean or not but it was very hot.

Honestly, the other places here are so expensive which is why I picked this one but all in all Tokayo doesn’t have that much going on and I would recommend going elsewhere in Hokkaido.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank laurenyeary
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Shocked by the shabby main entrance which was badly littered. Then greeted by stone faced reception staff. Cafeteria style dining area and again run by rude staff who prompted my party to leave as clock striked 830pm sharp but then there was another table of guest still eating.
Over priced and over hyped in agoda which i find out only now that it censors reviews to hotels’ advantage!

Date of stay: August 2018