All reviews rooftop restaurant eco room french colonial nice view location is excellent in town breakfast buffet the river family room enjoy the view air conditioning would stay again wi fi stayed nights room was large bolaven plateau panorama
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stayed here in November 2016. We arrived in the evening and the room was very descent, clean. The rooftop restaurant is like heaven. Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner. They have their tour group. we had one day tour with the group. It was awesome! Morning buffet breakfast was satisfying.In the evening we took our night bus for Vientiane. Hotel reception helped us to go to the bus stop and purchased ticket. They also let us phone to Van vieng hotel but charged us.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2018

The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful when I arrived with no reservation. They even called another hotel for me because they were sold out the first night I was in town. My room lacked charm but had basic amenities - good AC, a hairdryer, a mini fridge, TV, wifi, free water bottles & toiletries. It overlooked a rusted-out tin roof and faced the night market, where the unusually-loud sounds (it was the first night of Chinese New Year) kept me awake. The breakfast buffet was ample, delicious, and started early and opened late. The rooftop restaurant was pricey for Laos, but could not offer a better view. The menu offers a few original specialties the chef, some good Western dishes, and Asian food. I was surprised when I got there at the end of Happy Hour (5-6 pm) and the waiter brought me two glasses of white wine! The location of Pakse Hotel is perfect for a quick tour of the downtown area. The front desk offered tours and motorbike rental services for guests. But they are also a short walk from Green Discovery, for tourists who want a high-quality ($$$) English-speaking guide. Pakse Hotel was an easy place to be a solo traveler; the front desk really went out of their way to make my stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows facing the corridor, not outside
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed 4 nights at the Pakse Hotel and found our rooms to be nicer than expected with places to store our things and good air conditioning. The restaurant on the roof has a great happy hour deal and what a view of the sunset! Service was sincere but a little haphazard. The morning buffet on the 1st floor was adequate - nothing special.

The hotel needs some work. Still, for the price of our stay, we were quite satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We had what they call a panoramic view room on the 6th floor. The view was great, but this is not a sophisticated
hotel and the decoration was basic. The wifi worked fine, the bed was too hard ( which seems to be common in Laos ), the staff were helpful. The bar on the rooftop was great both for cocktails and dinner.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We spent one night here on our way to Don Khong. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included and adequate given the price of the room. We ate in the rooftop restaurant and the food was good. Would stay here again if We were travelling through Pakse.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple