Lowest prices for your stay
US$31
Priceline
US$35
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$23
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
Booking.comUS$33
Hotels.comUS$31
Trip.comUS$66
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The Santo George Beach Resort in Herkalion Crete double charged me for my stay July 19 - July 22, 2018. They charged my debit visa and told me the charge never went through and said I had to pay in cash. A few days later, I discovered the charge did in fact go through my bank account and I had already left Crete. I immediately called the Resort, they investigated and found that they owe me €102.00. They have acknowledged in numerous emails that they owe me €102.00 but have not refunded me my double payment. It has been nearly 2 months since I reported this to the Resort. They are now saying that they don’t think they owe me any money. I have now filed a claim and complaint with my banks fraud department in order to receive my refund for being charged twice. I dont want this to hapoen to anyone else that may consider staying at this resort. This is very disturbing. Guests need to beware.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We booked for a week as a couple at the Santo George hotel but I’m not actually entirely sure which hotel we stayed in as it also appeared to be called the Antonis/Adonis beach hotel which was a bit bizarre. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the owner was not around to check us in but we were given a key by his wife and shown our room. The room was not what we were expecting at all, I had booked what was called a ‘standard’ room on booking.com but apparently this is the economy room and I found this a bit misleading. The room was extremely basic and VERY small however the air conditioning was good and it was very clean. We returned to reception later to try and check in but the owner was still not there so in the end we didn’t actually check in at any point during the week which was strange. Breakfast was really awful, the bread each morning was always stale, there was always some extremely rubbery egg which wasn’t really edible and a there was never any variety to the very limited options. In addition, the photos and information were slightly misleading about the pool; it is not on the hotel site, it is a public pool across the grounds. Very easy to access and a nice pool where we spent the majority of our time. The hotel is in a really good location, close to the beach and loads of great restaurants and is fine if you are on a budget but I do think there are one or two things that could easily be improved and their promo photos definitely need updating!

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank mpjw2014
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We booked for a week as a couple at the Santo George hotel but I’m not actually entirely sure which hotel we stayed in as it also appeared to be called the Antonis/Adonis beach hotel which was a bit bizarre. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the owner was not around to check us in but we were given a key by his wife and shown our room. The room was not what we were expecting at all, I had booked what was called a ‘standard’ room on booking.com but apparently this is the economy room and I found this a bit misleading. The room was extremely basic and very small however the air conditioning was good and it was very clean. We returned to reception later to try and check in but the owner was still not there so in the end we didn’t actually check in at any point during the week which was strange. Breakfast was really awful, the bread each morning was always stale, there was always some extremely rubbery egg which wasn’t really edible and a there was never any variety to the very limited options. In addition, the photos and information were slightly misleading about the pool; it is not on the hotel site, it is a public pool across the grounds. Very easy to access and a nice pool where we spent the majority of our time. The hotel is in a really good location, close to the beach and loads of great restaurants and is fine if you are on a budget but I do think there are one or two things that could easily be improved and their promo photos definitely need updating!

Date of stay: August 2018
3  Thank mpjw2014
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Had a wonderful holiday at this hotel. owner and his family were friendly and very helpful. nothing was to much trouble. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was ample, not a great selection but what was offered was good. Hotel was right next to a beach and a great swimming pool with lots of sunbeds. Not a lively resort good if you like a laid back holiday. If you want value for money then this is the hotel, excellent value for money!!!

Room tip: rooms with a sea view and pool (rooms starting with 2)
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Wonderful holiday in Ammoudara in Santo Goerge Beach.
A hotel almost on the sandy and beautiful beach of Ammoudara.
Spacious, clean, fully renovated rooms.
Ideal hotel for families, with a large and green garden.
Very close to the airport and city of Heraklion.

Room tip: Bungalow and Deluxe Studio
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tzompanaki
Efthimios T, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at The Santo George Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017