All reviews big variety unique view breakfast was delicious small hotel each morning pool area enjoyed our stay the main street lovely hotel beautiful pool north corfu large balcony living room car hire minute walk cleaned every day on arrival
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I'll begin by saying that I'm not an experienced reviewer, but feel that my experience is truly one worth sharing before you buy into this 'boutique' experience.

I have just returned from an 8 day stay at Lena Mare and what a disappointment it was. What was described as a boutique hotel described on its website as "All rooms and suites enjoy superb and uninterrupted views towards the azure Ionian Waters. Crafted with modern, forward thinking travelers in mind, these luxurious accommodations are expertly designed with sophisticated amenities and boast impressive interiors" is simply incorrect. It states all double rooms have garden or sea views - again untrue.

What was meant to be time spent in luxurious surroundings amounted to what felt like a week in a smelly dark cave. The decor in the pool/ bar area is pleasant, but the quality of food, and maintenance of the pool is lacking.

We arrived late at night, and we're pretty exhausted so didn't question anything until the following day. First impression of our room was basic, a far cry from luxurious. Our room was positioned at the rear of the building, had no balcony/ private area, was pretty dark, stale and stuffy having just one window which faced the path which led to the reception area. This meant we had no privacy and couldn't leave the window or stinky heavy curtains open as there was a continual flow of guests/ visitors/staff to the reception area, pool or bar area. To add to this I realised by the second morning that we were next to the utility area used by the cleaning staff and handyman. Which meant we were woken by banging and chatter each morning as they got ready for the day ahead, if nothing else this proved helpful in alerting us to the fact that a new day had begun and there was daylight and clear blue skies outside.

We had no where to dry clothes, towels etc Ordinarily being unable to dry damp clothes and towels would not be the end of the world, but given the broken/ damaged shower cubicle which leaked water in excess into the living/ sleeping area and being unable to open the single window in the room or front door of our cave meant for a large amount of time our room felt like a dark swampy mess. The lack of regular and effective cleaners to our room (despite our requests) only added to dirty, damp and slippery floors.

We raised our concerns, continually the manager and staff sympathised and agreed that the room wasn't the best but due to it being the busy season believed it would be hard to swap rooms, it soon became apparent they had no intention of making any change- that is unless I was prepared to upgrade to a suite and incur the extra costs. I was assured they were aware of the problems with the room, and I think I was meant to feel better when they told me they would be refurbishing it for next season to address the issues I'd raised- Great!

On Day 3 we noticed that outside our front door ( no balcony, just pathway) a clothes dryer appeared. I assumed LM were trying to provide drying facilities. I questioned if it was for us and the receptionist told us we were free to use it. Imagine my shock the next morning when I left our cave to find 2 tshirts belonging to the handyman ( I believe) drying on it.

Simply put - the LM is no"boutique" hotel - unless that is you have selected a more superior room. "Boutique" is little more than a marketing ploy, it is a very basic hotel overpriced for what you get. Breakfast is provided in ration, the bar menu is sparse, there are bugs ( including cook roaches) in the pool which is not regularly cleaned, the pool stairs are broken and cordoned of by rope. The double rooms are smelly, old and in desparte need of repair/ face lift, cleaning standards are variable. Wifi is intermittent but in the bigger scheme of things this really was not an issue. On reflection I suspect that our room may have been an overspill for housekeeping services - or possibly the handymans headquarters hence the confusion with the clothes dryer.

Think carefully before booking - this hotel is not in a privileged area as described, but is actually in quite a run down location. Please shop around the area is saturated with other hotels ( non boutique) for which you will get more for your money.

Room tip: Only book if booking a superior room. Beach is approx 20 min walk
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Heresmyexperience
Reviewed 14 August 2017

North Corfu really is the place to go if you want to get away from the crowds and have a relaxing time. The Lena Mare is a perfect place to base yourself to explore the beautiful coastline and surrounding villages. Shops and restaurants are close to hand 5 mins walk away. Can thoroughly recommend Piazza Nikos just opposite the Pumphouse for somewhere to eat, the Aubergine in tomato sauce was so good we had to go back again - lovely staff and it has Air con, a must for my partner in 38 degree heat!
We stayed for 7 days and the staff couldn't be more helpful, nothing was to much trouble in fact without informing the hotel it was my birthday they took noticed and presented me with a bottle of wine and a lovely birthday message.
Communication with Christina before arrival ensured a great deal on Car hire with Zetacar. Someone was waiting for us at the airport as soon we got through customs and we were on our way in 5 minutes - very smooth. It was about an hours drive and a pleasant one too. To have a car all week made a far better time as the temperature was 39 degrees most days so the cars air con and a bit of midday exploring worked brilliantly.
Terry in the bar - nothing was to much trouble for him and he delivered refreshing lime water at around 3:30 every afternoon -he played some wonderful chilled sounds to relax too around the pool area.
Breakfast was very good something for all tastes and plentiful with pretty good coffee too!
The Junior suite was fabulous, very spacious - I can thoroughly recommend 201 for a large balcony modern furnishings and a great shower in fact one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in, cleaned every day, towels replaced too, 2 large flat screen tvs the one in the bedroom even had a dvd player.
Overall a wonderful stay in a very well maintained and presented hotel with friendly helpful staff -thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room tip: They are all lovely but do recommend 201
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed for a week in Lena Mare, Acharavi, second week in July 2017. The Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and the Hotel itself was really lovely. We had a car and there was ample parking across the road. The freshwater pool was lovely - not too busy at this time of year and the gardens and flowers were gorgeous. Breakfast was excellent, by the bar/pool outside - good choices, fresh orange juice and again, the staff made everything effortless. This was a very peaceful, tranquil stay - no late night noise. There are really lovely beaches a short car ride away - Kalamaki, Spiridon, Arillas, St Georgios.... We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend Lena Mare.

Room tip: Our executive room 203 was lovely. Overlooked the pool and a view over Acharavi to the sea.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 25stew
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed in a hotel for 7 nights with my sister. Our room 203 was really nice - large kitchen with living room spacious bedroom and balcony with spectacular view.
Room was cleaned every day. Breakfast which was served near the pool was great. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Pool with surrounding bar is a great place to take rest. Little peace of heaven in Acharavi :) Definitely recomend this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank pzivalova
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 7 days in July. We had booked a transfer from the airport which was hopeless, the coach dropped us in the middle of nowhere and gave us wrong directions to the hotel.
Eventually we walked back down to the main st and got a taxi which took two minutes.
On arrival at the hotel the staff were so friendly, the room was spotless and had a small kitchen, complete with hob, microwave and fridge. There was a bottle of water and fresh fruit on the table also.
Bathroom had a good shower and bath and was adequate for our needs.
There was a wardrobe with shelves and in it a safe which was free to use. A dressing table with mirror also. There was plenty plug sockets.
The pool area was lovely although because of the surrounding trees sometimes you would find some leaves or dead bugs in the pool but otherwise spotless. The sun beds were very comfortable and never had any issue getting one even at mid day.
Most days we had lunch at the bar and although the menu was not huge anything we tried was lovely and very reasonable. The staff were also very friendly at the bar and extremely helpful.
At first we were disappointed with the location of the hotel but once we found our bearings we realised it was just a few minutes walk from the Pumphouse on the Main Street.
Lovely hotel and would go back again but get a taxi from the airport instead of a coach transfer.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Michalis P, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Lena Mare Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

On behalf of the hotel we would like to thank you on leaving your opinion about Lena Mare Boutique Hotel. Unfortunately the road leading to our hotel doesn't allow big shuttle buses to stop in front of our hotel, only mini buses and taxis. However, you should get full details by the driver as for how to get to our hotel, and just leave you at the pumphouse and then walk straight up to get to the hotel. That was unfortunate. Just before every arrival we want to make sure that every room is well prepared and it is well equipped. We serve only breakfast in the mornings and later on we have a snack menu. We are glad to know that you are satisfied by it. It is true once someone gets to know the area of Acharavi will find that the hotel is situated less than 5 minutes walk from the main road and all the facilities. Taxi transfer would be one of the best solutions which we could book for any guest in advance if they need it. Hope to see you again in the future. Best Regards, Lena Mare Team