Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the main house horse riding ying lao itinerary layer fireplace heater guests shower shangri
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2020

I stayed at Hidden Valley Resort in June and had an amazing experience here. The staff were attentive and went all way out to make my stay here comfortable and enjoyable. The resort was very clean and well organized. The compound is also big, beautiful and is a good place to relax. Would strongly recommend this place!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
xinying_hv, Manager at The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, China, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2020

Dear caion,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at The Hidden Valley Resort.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the activities that we planned. Thank you for your kind compliments to the team and I will share it with them.

Do stay in touch with us through our Facebook page ("The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la") or Instagram (@thehiddenvalleyresort) or Wechat (HiddenValleyResort).

Reviewed 11 February 2020

Service by the friendly and hardworking staff is personalized and well thought-after!

I stayed in the glamping tent that had all the modern necessities making it feel like it’s no different from a luxurious hotel room. From heated showers to smart WC and WiFi connections, the tent is sure to make one amazed at the effort and ingenuity gone into making it possible. Stepping out of the modern glamping tent and into the fields of the resort adorned with autumn flowers, it is truly a surreal experience.

The resort itself offers a myriad of activities and excursions. I did horse riding on the resort grounds and did a day excursion to Shika mountain, Tsumsetling Monastery and Shangri-La’s Old Town. The resort’s guide, Sonam, is knowledgeable and extremely friendly, showing us the local culture and cuisine.

Dining at the resort gives one a homely feel with the fireplace crackling by the side and hearty meals dished out by the resort’s chef.

And as if all that isn’t enough, the staff surprised us with a birthday cake and a card placed in our tent to celebrate my friend’s advanced birthday which they had taken their own initiative to do so!

All in all, in my opinion, this resort beats any luxury hotel stay hands down!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
xinying_hv, Manager at The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, China, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear 391robing,

Thank you for taking time to share your great experience at The Hidden Valley Resort.

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure for us to serve both of you at the resort and prepare an itinerary that suits your travel needs. Once again, thank you so much for your kind compliment and I will share it with the team.

Do stay in touch with us through our Facebook page ("The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la") or Instagram (@thehiddenvalleyresort).

Reviewed 8 February 2020

The trip to the valley was a short ride indeed and when we reached, we were amazed at how spectacular the view was, with clouds wrapping the tip of the valley hills. We were greeted by Lao Ye at the entrance followed by the staffs at the lobby.
Our room was spacious and clean with fireplace, and the bed is fitted with heater. Even the bathroom has a heater. We were well fed with fine delicious meals and even get to eat local dishes not only in the resort but outside as well while we're out sightseeing.
The itinerary prepared by Xin Ying was well planned for us and we enjoyed every bits of it. From the scenic trips to monasteries to visiting local tibetan house as well as oil painting and horse riding, every moment was a memorable experience for us.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
xinying_hv, Manager at The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, China, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear AzharRabian,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping team do their utmost best to ensure that guests will have a good rest after a day out exploring Shangri-la. It was a pleasure for us to plan an itinerary and prepare food that suits your dietary needs. Once again, thank you so much for your kind compliment to the team and I will share it with them.

Reviewed 6 February 2020

Staff was friendly all through the whole trip. They were consistently looking out for us and smiley throughout from when they pick us up till they drop us off at the airport. Food was really good as well! I look forward to all meals and meals out of the resort wasn’t even as nice as the ones being served in house! House keeping is twice a day.

Xin Ying is really helpful and patient with planning out the itinerary. At the start I asked to do everything since I’m there for 5 nights, but upon looking through the itinerary I decided to do a chiller trip. She made really good recommendations and I really enjoyed all the places that we went to!

Resort is really scenic as well and nice to just chill. Please do try their house cocktail! I love it! The full board price is worth every dollar! I will be back!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jmboh,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food which our chef prepared it with seasonal ingredients. It was definitely a pleasure for us to customize an itinerary that suits your travel needs. Once again, thank you so much for your kind compliment to the team and I will share it with them.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Went on a solo-trip last May after reading about it on In-flight magazines. It is an excellent choice of female solo traveler. It provides private customizable tour and you are able to experience the local cultural comfortably. Resort provide sumptuous meals and guests are invited to eat together. A good escape for fast-paced city people to slow down and get close o nature. The weather was cool so do bring more clothes. I was able to travel with the resort manager - Xinyi and she was an excellent host.

Date of stay: May 2019
xinying_hv, Manager at The Hidden Valley Resort, Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, China, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Dear 23mrr,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the culture-rich itinerary that we planned for. It was definitely a pleasure and honor for me to travel with you on some days of your trip. Once again, thank you so much for your kind compliment to the team and I will share it with them.