Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
eDreamsUS$89
Trip.comUS$79
Agoda.comUS$79
All reviews service station great location to explore cornwall great hotel room service hotel guests costa coffee tea and coffee facilities stayed here for nights rooms are spacious air con each morning excellent stay night stay good size st austell mcdonalds barber
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

I am an IHG Member.

When visiting Cornwall as a family we usually stay in a lodge or cottage but given recent events with Covid 19, we could not book as far in advance as we normally would, so we did a last minute booking and decided to stay in a hotel. It was down to a Premier Inn or the Holiday Inn Express and I am very glad we chose the latter even though it was slightly more expensive (due to the parking charges).

On arrival we were met by two night staff who were very polite and courteous, especially given the late time of our arrival. We went to our room but found that our two teenage children (15 year old son and 13 year old daughter) had been put on the same sofa bed. We immediately went back to reception to see if this could be rectified and I must say I was very impressed about how Jonathan and David went about sorting this out. They were very understanding and apologetic, although this was not personally their fault, it was a problem with the HI booking online which did not ask the ages of the children for the family rooms. This needs looking at, not just for families staying but also to aid HI/IHG a more efficient system. Overnight, my son was moved to a room on his own a few doors further along the corridor and we were given reassurance that a resolution to our family room requirements would be recified in the morning.

As promised a larger family room was arranged for the following three nights stay. Room 102 was much bigger, with a sofa bed and put-you-up for the two teenagers! They both were very comfortable and commented that it was the most comfortable sleep had in a hotel!

The hotel is new and decor is freah, bright and modern. The bathroom had a large shower (no bath) but in my opinion this is a better option. I notice the shower also had an ECO setting using less water, really nice to use too.

The breakfast was fantastic, good options to set us up well for the day. Good coffee, cereals , yoghurt, compotes, fruit, croissants and Full English that was not too 'greasy'. The staff serving were replenishing foods and constantly keeping the area clean and tidy. It was good to see in my view that it was a team effort and managers were chipping in to help during busy periods. The staff were helpful, smiling and happy which made for a relaxing atmosphere at breakfast. Another good option at breakfast was the go bags for customers who needed a quick bite and a coffee in an environmentally friendly take away cup (another masterstroke)!

The hotel itself is located just off the A30, a really good location near main roundabouts to get you quickly to where want to travel to that day. The hotel is modern, very clean and has good strong wifi.

My only slight disagreement with the HI was that they would not honour my extra points for not using room service during my stay on a slight technicality that we did not hang the sign out at night (but we did during the day). We kept the same towels over the four nights we were there doing our bit for the environment but it was not backed up with the points on my IHG card. This did not spoil my stay though and still top marks for me overall.

Before I finish, I would like to say a big thank you to Johnathon, David, Chloe & (I think) Marta who, along with other staff, made it a smooth, enjoyable stay. Thank you and it has made me consider if cabins, lodges & cottages are really worth it(?)

Thank you so much. Highly recommended.

Per Ardua 96

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nick Smith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bodmin - Victoria Junction, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2021

Thank you for your kind review and the valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bodmin, it means a lot to us.

I will thank the team for making your stay a success.

I'm sorry you did not receive the extra rewards points for using the Greener Stay scheme, we have introduced some operational changes at the hotel to ensure all our members get their points, whatever time of day or night the sign is put out. I have added another 2000 points to your account today.

I hope we can welcome you back to Cornwall again.

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Really impressed with this Holiday Inn Express, extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff and good breakfast. Very welcoming to the dog too, with a lovely bed and treats left out.

Only downside was we were charged £6 for parking for the night, which seems a bit steep and we weren’t made aware of in advance when booking. Other reviewers seem to not have been charged.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nick Smith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bodmin - Victoria Junction, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2021

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express we are delighted you were impressed with the hotel.

I'm sorry for any confusion over the parking charges. Parking charges for the neighbouring car park at Cornwall Services have only been recently introduced although this has been made clear on the booking channels and confirmation emails since May. Hotel guests benefit from half-price parking (it is £12 per night for non-guests.)

Nick Smith

Nick Smith

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Stayed Monday 30th August to Wednesday 1st September 2021. Far better than your average Holiday Inn express, more like a modern Holiday inn. Very new, clean and helpful staff. Grab and go breakfast or sit down full breakfast. Very impressed with the whole hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Nick Smith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bodmin - Victoria Junction, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Thank you for rating your recent stay. We are so pleased to read you were impressed and hope we can welcome you back to Cornwall soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Checked in so easy, free parking at the services for hotel guests, staff are so friendly and accommodating. We had one dog, and was greeted In the room with a dog bed, bowls and treats! Which was so lovely. We didn’t want for anything, breakfast was great and mostly the room was perfect for our 2 night stay. Immaculate, everything you needed, air con, couldn’t recommend this enough. Would definitely stay here again on a stop over travelling through Cornwall. Big thank you to the staff :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nick Smith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bodmin - Victoria Junction, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Thank you for your kind review of the Holiday Inn Express Bodmin. We are all delighted you had a great stay.

Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

This was a great hotel on Cornwall service station and it is newly opened this year and used twice as a stopover as travelling onto Cornwall on our road trip.
The hotel has a huge car park that is also part of the service station and free ca parking by putting your car registration number onto a system at reception.
New style holiday inn express that was neat tidy and clean.
Breakfast was extremely busy with families so I was able to collect breakfast and take it back to our room for my daughter & myself.
We had room service but I ordered the items at the bar and took them back to my room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shellykins2013

Thank you for rating your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express.