Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$101
PricelineUS$102
Hotels.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
Orbitz.comUS$101
eDreamsUS$102
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

We received the friendliest welcome I have ever had at a hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the girl at reception. The road between Motala and Vadstena was closed due to a cycle race, but we were given detailed instructions on which road to take instead, and we had no problems finding our way. There is plenty of parking outside, and it’s free of charge. Beware that the reception is not open 24/7. You need to let them know when you plan on arriving, and if you go out at night you will be given a code for the door so that you can let yourself in.
The building itself is beautiful, and the surroundings as well. Weather permitting, you can have breakfast outside in the morning which was lovely.Our room was small but adequate, and we had everything we needed. All I really missed in the room was a kettle.
My only reason for not rating this hotel 5 stars, is the breakfast. It was okay I suppose, but had it not been included in the price of the room, I would not have payed extra for it. All in all a very nice place that I am happy to recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Starby H, Receptionist at Starby Spa, Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Hi,

Thank you so much for your nice comment!

We are happy to have you as a guest att our Hotel!
Can i ask you what we could do to upgrade the breakfast?
We would love to improve!

Hava a nice summer and welcome back!

Best reagards/
Emma Dahlkvist
Receptionen

Reviewed 3 June 2019

So, I was looking for a place half way between Stockholm and Gotenborg on my driving tour. This place is a bit strange as it is overpriced for what you are getting room wise. I paid $300 for room, dinner, breakfast. The dinner was really fantastic, although it is pre-set and there is no choice each evening. The breakfast buffet was a little below my expectations. Also the room and bathroom felt a bit cramped. The biggest drawback was the window barely opens and even in May the room was warm. They did have a tower fan in the room that pulled in the evening air that made sleeping okay, but I wouldn't do it in the heat of the summer.
The bed linens and bed were okay. There is tons of free parking and it's easy to get in and out of. There is also a really great grocery store across the street and a petrol station. Also the spa area was only open from 2-7PM and so we were unable to use it before we checked out.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank misodiva

Hi,

Thank you for you comment!
We love to get better.

We have locks at the window if you want to open them more. Maby it was broken in your room?
Did you inform the reception at check out?
If you did we will fix it right away :)

Have a nice summer and welcome back!

Best reagrds/
Emma Dahlkvist
Receptionen

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Wonderful helpful staff, great room, within walking distance of research center. Able to research much of Sweden and work on your research findings. Great food, Would stay there again. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Quiet location .

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The visit was in Dec. 2016. We spent SEK 6500 in a Deluxe weekend with Relax package to celebrate our marriage.
• Pos: 5 course dinner with wine package on Friday and Saturday. They were nice and exclusive so we had what we paid for.
• Cons: hotel is nothing fancy and our room had view to the road.
• Spa is limited to sauna, jacuzzi and relaxing room. On Saturday it was so packed, we could barely use it.
• during our romantic dinners, the waitress was enthusiastically talking about her wine repertoire to my husband, in Swedish, so I couldn’t follow. She already knew I was an English speaker. This was very rude and unprofessional.
Overall, average hotel claiming to be more than it is.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MirjaB288
Reviewed 10 August 2016

My wife and I went to the Vadstena Akadamien opera festival, performed in Vadstena Castle - a wonderful experience, and stayed overnight in the Starby Hotel, which was easy walking distance to the castle and to the town itself. The hotel was friendly and comfortable, good breakfast, and contributed to enjoyment of our stay, although we did not stay long enough to visit the spa facilities. It was more expensive than we would have liked, but worth it in the circumstances.

Date of stay: July 2016