“Good food, intimate dining experience”

Cafe Antonio Small Town Coffee Brewers Inc.
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Los Banos
Description: We are a coffee shop/family restaurant in Laguna that believes that we can have a positive impact on our community's health and well-being by serving healthy and delicious food and quality coffee to anyone who walks through our doors."We grow the food. We prepare the food. We serve the food. We eat the food. And the food makes us well."
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I don't know why we haven't tried this restaurant before. It's just less than 700m from my Mom's house! We didn't want to go outside Los Banos for my post-bday celebration and we want to try something new around town. My sister suggested this place who was also surprised that she hadn't noticed this much earlier. There were 14 of us and we got the place all to ourselves so it's like we rented it for the night (later on there were 2 diners who came but they settled outside in the garden since we've already occupied the 5 tables inside. This restaurant is quaint and quite small counting in the 4 tables in the garden. It shuts out the noise of the highway by putting up a high solid fence in front with just a small door and a big enough resto name sign on top. Really, you're going to completely miss it if you're car is running over 20kph.

I didn't get to take a photo of the food that we ate that night but I got to taste most of them since we were sharing. I can say that they were all good. I'm biased to plant based wholefood so I ordered the mushroom and tofu steak, tomato and basil angel hair pasta, pumpkin soup and a carafe of calamansi and basil juice. These all tasted good and I enjoyed them but I think they can put it in more mushroom or tofu for the price. My kids ate the fish and chips ( didn't get to taste them) - I ordered two but should have ordered just 1 since each plate has 2 big fish fillets. My eldest said that the mocha frappucino is also good (same as starbucks). We ordered nachos and mozarella sticks for starters.The others ordered seafood and spinach fettucine , carbonara, bbq chicken salad (not sure), baby back ribs, cheese pizza, soy grilled chicken, strawberry/chocolate/mango shakes. The ribs tasted great per my sister. My mom and aunt shared the seafood and spinach pasta but they both didn't like it so they ask me to finish it - I thought it was good actually.

I'll try their latte next time and the pesto too. (They were out of pesto that night).

If you're passing by Los Banos on your way to Bay/Sta Cruz/San Pablo, drop by this place for coffee - and pasta too. Just slow down right after the Maahas bridge and look to your right.

1  Thank Cris C

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

ill rate it from 1 to 5. 5 being the highest. All our orders were shared by each other so we averaged the score according to each one's opinion

Vigan longanisa pasta - 4
Tofu and mushroom steak - 3
Tuyo Pizza with capers - 4
Hot Cafe Mocha - 5

We'll definitely be back to try out their other dishes hopefully they will improve more on their ambiance and interior just like Faustina since their price is competitively priced, it will also improve the overall experience.

1  Thank John Carlo F
Reviewed 3 June 2016

They have various coffee concoctions so you can easily choose according to your mood. Their entrees comes with salad so it'll always be a full meal though you can order their fresh salads which are good to share. You can easily text them for reservations and they promptly reply. They also have great service

1  Thank ph_lurker
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The food is both pleasing to the eyes and taste buds. Worth the price. Ambiance is relaxing and very conducive for work and studying. Very recommended.

1  Thank Paul Sherwin C
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

When in Los Baños, please find time to visit Cafe Antonio Elbi. Located along the Los Baños-Bay national hiway, right side of the road from Manila (southbound). The cafe serves good food. You may choose from sandwiches, panini, pasta, and rice meals. Pastries are also available at times.

You may also want to try hot coffee. They serve really good coffee.

If you are a fan of organic vegetables, this is the right place for you. The partners of the Cafe are advocates of 'green' living.

Price range: