“Not so great”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Labrador Inn
Reviewed 15 April 2015

This hotel is older and crrently recievng a facelift. The rooms are smaller. The restaurant is ok we havent really had an outstanding meal here.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I usually don't complain and am willing to compromise, but...I work hard for my money, and this was a waste.

The service was not very friendly, and I refuse to accept a waitress cracking gum while waiting for our order. Seriously? Gum?

"Waiting for our order" sums it up.

The place was grubby, and the booths were not where I'd care to sit again. It needs some major Customer Service Training and a good scrubbing.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

It's billed as "Labrador Inn" here but this place actually bills itself offline AND online as a Don Cherry's franchise. Being a loyal fan of Don's Ultimate wings and being in HVGB for work I decided some Don's would really hit the spot for dinner.

After finding the correct number (the one on the website was wrong) I had to have the receptionist forward my call THREE TIMES before someone at the restaurant got around to answering it (I suppose by that point the phone ringing was annoying them). When they did get around to picking up the phone it sounded like they were standing at a rock concert - the music was cranked so loud they could NOT hear me. After the 5th time of saying "I'd like an order of the appetizer deep fried dill pickles" and being met with the phone equivalent of a blank stare they put someone else on the phone.

When she also didn't seem to understand I said "the first thing on your menu". She said "oh we don't make those". After that it quickly became obvious that "the game" is trying to find something on the menu that they actually make. Out of four poutines on the Don's menu, you might be surprised to find out they only carry one (you thought it was "none", right?). So this restaurant can make me regular poutine but the restaurant does not carry bacon or mushrooms? Since those are basically the ingredients you have to throw in to make the regular poutine a Canadiana Poutine. Ridiculous.

At that point I said forget this and went somewhere else (the second woman was equally as unhelpful and she certainly made me feel like I was wasting her time the moment she picked up). Could tell this place was very substandard and didn't want to be soured even more on Don's by eating what little food they apparently make as the quality would likely mirror the sub-par rating I'd give everything else about the place. Worst Don Cherry's experience ever. It's so bad that I'm posting this review (it's the first one I've ever bothered to write).

Do NOT bother trying to order from this place if:
- You're a fan of Don's and have your heart set on eating off the Don's menu
- You enjoy good food, service and quality dining

Do bother trying to order from this place if:
- It's 1am and you're so drunk eating a plate of microwaved socks sounds downright gourmet
- You're a masochist

3  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Great for breakfast. skip the supper and go next door to Jungle Jims. Had the Pizza here. I don`t think I have ever had a worse pizza anywhere. Wings were burnt..

3  Thank SalesGuyinCANADA
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We arrived in Goose Bay on a Friday night. It was wing night at Don Cherry's. We enjoyed the wings as an appetizer and then I went onto the chili. The decor is tired and dated. The service was friendly but very slow. The waitress helped us sort out the best deal for our beverages which was appreciated. It was fine for "road trip" food but I left wishing for a better meal/experience.

2  Thank TA L