“Not as good as I had hoped.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mary Brown's Fried Chicken
Cuisines: Canadian, Fast food
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This was my first ever visit to Mary Browns. I ordered a Big Mary meal with fries which cost me just under $14. I had a choice of macaroni or gravy as a side as they had run out of whatever they usually serve as a side dish with the meal. The fries were fine and the burger was okay although, I only had one proper piece of chicken in it. The other piece was mainly just batter. When ordering I had thought the macaroni was going to be served warm however, this is actually served as a cold dish and would be more comparable to a pasta salad. It was okay but, I probably would not eat Mary Browns again.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I've always preferred Mary Browns to it's competition but this particular visit has me rethinking those thoughts. The place was very busy, so I thought it was a good sign. My extended visit to Goose Bay has left me frustrated searching for a good place to eat, so my hopes were up. The service was bad. Crusty and "I don't give a dam" attitude with not a hint of a smile or any manners. The chicken was good, not great like other Mary Brown's, but good. The extras did not deliver in any way. The tarters were cold and tasteless. The macaroni salad was horrible. The noodles were not even cooked completely. This place is nothing like other Mary Browns that I have visited. This is my one and only visit during my two month stay here.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Excellent service and excellent staff! The chicken and taters were excellent as well. Will certainly go back!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

been there once the food was not bad, but found the building very dirty, would not even use the rest room there.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

The food was hot and the place was clean. Minimal parking shared with a convenience store but good for in and out. Locals frequent the restaurant. Food was good on our next 8 hour drive to Labrador City. The cashier and staff as busy as it was.....was very friendly.

1  Thank sharong796