All reviews outdoor shower meads bay citronella candles straw hat big table private deck close proximity half bath grocery store full kitchen private chef living area restaurants and bars spent a week can't wait to go back perfect temperature ocean echo
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Although we decided not to book with MBBV, I had such a good experience with the manager, Chris, that I felt inclined to write a review. Chris was by far the best manager of any accommodations we interacted with when booking a place for our June 2013 honeymoon. Unfortunately, the Villa (Villa 4 - 1 bed) we were wanting was not available during our timeframe, and the others were a little out of our price range. Overall Chris was very accommodating and patient with all of my questions. I would recommend MBBV to anyone and I hope to be back someday for another trip!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank apeswoods
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I stayed in Villa #2 at MBBV for our honeymoon in Nov. 2012. I honestly could not have been happier with our stay. Chris and the rest of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and from what I can tell, MBBV is a much better value than staying at one of the larger resorts in Anguilla like Viceroy or Cuisinart (plus you get the privacy and space of having your own villa as opposed to staying in a big hotel).

I reached out to Chris over 6 months in advance of our honeymoon, and before I had even booked our stay at MBBV he helped me start planning every facet of our trip. He was great in that he did not just recommend the big tourist attractions, but also the more local and cheaper spots that my wife and I enjoy more. Chris basically helped us plan out what we did in Anguilla every day, from helping to negotiate with boat charter companies to bringing in a chef for a private dinner at our villa.

We had the best time at MBBV, and we are already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa #2, which, while not directly on the water, was literally only a 10 second walk to the beach. Villa #1 is right on the water, and it looked wonderful, but we were absolutely happy with #2.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at Meads Bay Beach Villas for my honeymoon the last week in September. It could not have been a better experience or a better place for a honeymoon! We absolutely adored the staff who were so willing to offer any assistance and really do make you feel like family. The villas are beautifully appointed. We had the pleasure of staying in Villa 1, the views are breathtaking, you are literally 4 steps from the sand on one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. The first night we slept with the sliding glass door open listening to the waves crashing right outside our door.

The little touches go a long way, there are fresh flowers in every room, our room was cleaned to perfection every day and the grounds are perfectly maintained. The staff had stocked our kitchen with the items we had requested so after the long journey there we had wine, beer and a quick bite waiting for us. I got teary eveyed while leaving the property and the staff was there to hug me and assure me that I will be back to visit them. It really is a magical place.

I could go on and on, the rating that MBBV receives on tripadvisor is certainly deserved. Now I just hope no one else notices so I can get my next reservation.

Room Tip: Villa 1 really is all it's cracked up to be. But honestly the villas are gorgeous and any one of them would be a pleasure to stay in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alie2411
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Chris and his team at Meads Bay are AMAZING!! Meads bay was absolutley perfect for our honeymoon. It was quiet and peaceful and the private get away that we dreamed of. Our villa was clean and spacious and had everything we needed. The beach at Meads Bay is beautiful-the best beach on the island!! Chris came to our villa once we settled in and sat down to go over the map with us and walk us through where to go and how to get around-it was very helpful!! He was always available to answer any questions and give us any direction that we needed. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We were in villa 3-we loved it...while only villa 1 is directly on the beach, we could see the ocean from our pool. It's steps away from the beach and a nice private villa-while villa 1 looks great, I loved having the additional privacy of villa 3.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hrj915
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I've been travelling to Anguilla for almost 30 years now and unfortunately, I am no longer the only one. Seems it has gotten quite popular over the years despite the high prices. We stayed at MBBV a couple of years ago when the owner's son had just arrived to try running the place. We had some major snags- mainly, we did not get the room we booked (and were guaranteed) so we had no view of the beach. We were charged the same high price and were given a complimentary bottle of wine as compensation. We stayed 4 nights but we were never moved b/c the place was full. There are only a few villas so it fills up qjuickly. The villa itself was very nice and comfortable. We loved it. Meads Bay is one of the best beaches on the island so this is a great spot. I would recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Get as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple