“Great Stay”

Meads Bay Beach Villas
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 16 January 2013

From our initial inquiry eight months before our trip, until the cab took us to the marina after our stay, we enjoyed a wonderful vacation experience. Chris, the manager, was helpful with our reservations and getting us from St. Maarten's airport to Anguilla. Once there, Delta meet us and made sure that we were settled into our room. Throughout our stay Chris and his wonderful staff made sure that we had everything we needed to include great restaurant recommendations. We stayed in villa 4 which has a lock-off capability so we only paid for the one-bedroom. The villa had everything we needed in the way of kitchen utensils, bathroom amenities and even a private outdoor shower and was cleaned daily. We thought that our villa, although, the furtherest from the beach (a 2 minute stroll on a nice garden path to the sand) had the most privacy. We spit our time between the beach and private dipping pool and deck. Bring repellent, the mosquitoes are small but pack a wallop. During our stay we ate at Straw Hat (walking distance and very good); Picante ($28 round trip cab ride - very good); Blanchard's Beach Shack (walking distance and okay - informal and large selection of food); and Blanchard's (walking distance - very good but really pricey). We chose not to rent a car because after looking at our villa and the beach we decided that there was nowhere else we wanted to be.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BuckyandChris

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Although we decided not to book with MBBV, I had such a good experience with the manager, Chris, that I felt inclined to write a review. Chris was by far the best manager of any accommodations we interacted with when booking a place for our June 2013 honeymoon. Unfortunately, the Villa (Villa 4 - 1 bed) we were wanting was not available during our timeframe, and the others were a little out of our price range. Overall Chris was very accommodating and patient with all of my questions. I would recommend MBBV to anyone and I hope to be back someday for another trip!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank apeswoods
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I stayed in Villa #2 at MBBV for our honeymoon in Nov. 2012. I honestly could not have been happier with our stay. Chris and the rest of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and from what I can tell, MBBV is a much better value than staying at one of the larger resorts in Anguilla like Viceroy or Cuisinart (plus you get the privacy and space of having your own villa as opposed to staying in a big hotel).

I reached out to Chris over 6 months in advance of our honeymoon, and before I had even booked our stay at MBBV he helped me start planning every facet of our trip. He was great in that he did not just recommend the big tourist attractions, but also the more local and cheaper spots that my wife and I enjoy more. Chris basically helped us plan out what we did in Anguilla every day, from helping to negotiate with boat charter companies to bringing in a chef for a private dinner at our villa.

We had the best time at MBBV, and we are already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa #2, which, while not directly on the water, was literally only a 10 second walk t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at Meads Bay Beach Villas for my honeymoon the last week in September. It could not have been a better experience or a better place for a honeymoon! We absolutely adored the staff who were so willing to offer any assistance and really do make you feel like family. The villas are beautifully appointed. We had the pleasure of staying in Villa 1, the views are breathtaking, you are literally 4 steps from the sand on one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. The first night we slept with the sliding glass door open listening to the waves crashing right outside our door.

The little touches go a long way, there are fresh flowers in every room, our room was cleaned to perfection every day and the grounds are perfectly maintained. The staff had stocked our kitchen with the items we had requested so after the long journey there we had wine, beer and a quick bite waiting for us. I got teary eveyed while leaving the property and the staff was there to hug me and assure me that I will be back to visit them. It really is a magical place.

I could go on and on, the rating that MBBV receives on tripadvisor is certainly deserved. Now I just hope no one else notices so I can get my next reservation.

Room Tip: Villa 1 really is all it's cracked up to be. But honestly the villas are gorgeous and any one o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alie2411
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Chris and his team at Meads Bay are AMAZING!! Meads bay was absolutley perfect for our honeymoon. It was quiet and peaceful and the private get away that we dreamed of. Our villa was clean and spacious and had everything we needed. The beach at Meads Bay is beautiful-the best beach on the island!! Chris came to our villa once we settled in and sat down to go over the map with us and walk us through where to go and how to get around-it was very helpful!! He was always available to answer any questions and give us any direction that we needed. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We were in villa 3-we loved it...while only villa 1 is directly on the beach, we could see the ocean...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
13.3 km away
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!