Beach Front Resort
Best Western Plus Chateau Inn Sylvan Lake(Sylvan Lake)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
US$100
US$96
US$93
US$90
Agoda.com
Lost Harbour Inn(Sylvan Lake)
US$85
US$85
US$80
Edgewater Inn(Sylvan Lake)
TripAdvisor
Raccoon Lodge Motel(Sylvan Lake)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have never been so disappointed with a hotel. It was so dirty that when my family and I arrived my husband took the kids to the water so my daughter and I could clean before unloading our stuff. After and hour and a half of cleaning we were so tired and disgusted we tried to find another hotel that could fit the 7 of us and we had no luck. There was so much dust on everything we had to take the fans apart and clean them before turning them on. There was dried thick gummy pee on the bathroom floor, we had to clean the tub, counters, floors...........We had to ask for towels, had no dish soap, fridge was broken, drawers fell apart in the kitchen.......The most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. So run down and dirty it should be closed!!!!!DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!
How can a place like this continue to operate?????

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Loretta M
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My family has been staying at this little motel for over 15 years thru three different owners and we had the worst experience ever there last summer. We had two rooms and they were so dirty we did not want to take off our shoes. The bedspreads which are not washed between customers were covered in stains and we had to take them to the front desk and ask them to wash them but this is not the worst.

The front desk let a car load of 5 drunk teens check in at 2 am after waking up the whole motel and yelling for over two hours. The next morning when the teens were leaving hold beer and yelling again I ran into the front office to ask them to call the police. The same people who had checked them in refused to call police even though they clearly were drunk again and driving with open beer. With the front desk refusing to call police as I began to scream at him that they were going to kill themselves and other on a crowded beach again he refused. My daughter was upstairs and called on her cell phone as I ran into a strangers room and called as well.

One of the kids from another room ran next door and everyone watched as the RCMP stopped the car at the Racoon lodge. The police impounded the car and lives might have been saved BUT NO THANKS to the staff at this motel. It used to be a safe family place but it is a trashy dump and even if they upgrade if they are checking in people drunk and letting them wake up the whole place and refusing to call police about drunk drivers I say this place at hit an all time low and my family will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This motel is an older building but in pretty good shape. Our room was very clean, no issues at all. The rooms are fairly small but well equipped. This is not a resort in Cancun, it's a small motel in Sylvan Lake, keep that in mind. The view is great. There is a fire pit out front...it was great to sit by the fire and watch the sunset! The only issue we had was some young people partying until the wee hours of the morning. But Sylvan Lake is party central for kids and you have to deal with it. I'm sure a higher end resort wouldn't tolerate the noise, but for less than $100 per night, you know the kids are going to stay there. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paulin_Family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights in February 2012 and our visit coincided with the arrival of the new owners who immediately showed that they intend to improve the facility by offering a complimentary full breakfast. They are experienced property/hotel people and will improve the plain look the hotel has. As is the rooms represent a good value ratio. With a water front location, this place can only get better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarandisuites
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I was quite concerned about this place as i had read the other review and expected the worst. What i got could not have been further from the review! Yes the rooms are not the most modern and fresh looking but for the price, i was pretty content. The location is directly opposite the lake and the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. My colleagues and i preferred raccoon lodge next door, where we spent two nights but were not unhappy here.

The person who previously reviewed this is obviously bitter about something! The best thing about this place were the owners! They were friendly, chatty and clearly took pride in their job. Considering this place was the cheapest in sylvan lake, I'm quite shocked at the criticism on price! Would not be my first choice but a good backup.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business