“Quick food stop!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came back from Plymouth where I live as my friend got married at the weekend. I left in a rush and didn't get chance to eat after the gym. I drove the 2 hour car journey and as I got to Shepton Mallet decided that I wanted some food.

I phoned Shapla to order some food (vegetable masala, egg friend rice and a plain naan) and the guy on the phone was helpful and easy to talk to, even over the car noises (hands free of course!).

I got to Shapla and my food was ready in perfect time. Drove back to my parents house and tucked in to the food. It was lovely and I ate the lot (even the 2 free popadoms!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Service was good ,opened a bit early for us! Corkscrew and glasses ready for our own bottle of wine and order quickly taken. Advice freely offered and taken.
Food was good and plentiful. The korma had plenty of chicken and my lamb dish was perfect.
A few others turned up and plenty of good humour and chat about the dishes.
Liked the friendliness and intimacy,but would not like to be there when it is full up!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Lovely little restaurant which uses the same kitchen as the take-away next door. Buy a drink in Lidls and use their car park and then walk up to the restaurant. Waitress was brilliant, so polite even when some lads were 'having fun' with her. Wonderful food

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Visiting friends in Somerset. We ordered food for four which was a reasonable price. We couldn't fault the food we ordered and the delivery was prompt. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I popped in on my own just after last orders (10pm), they were happy to accommodate me, especially as I had called to let them know my ETA. The only occupied table in the restaurant, I ordered the butterfly king prawn for starters and chicken tikka balti with garlic naan for mains. Food was well cooked and flavoursome. The restaurant & toilets were tired and are in need of a refurbishment. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to go back.