New Lanark Mill Hotel
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Strathaven Hotel(Strathaven)
2,129 results
All reviewsold millheritage siteheritage centreleisure facilitiesrobert owenfirst classself cateringstunning locationcotton millshort breaklovely hotelview of the riverwell worth a visitnight breakrelaxing breakroom was largestrawberries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights to attend a family wedding and enjoyed the hotel and the walks along the Clyde very much. The staff were really helpful and professional and treated us as welcome guests. We enjoyed the breakfast and had dinner one night and the food and service were excellent. Our room was huge with 6 windows! This may be the reason the room was slightly too cold for comfort. Otherwise a great stay and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed with my wife for Valentine’s Day like we have done for the past 4 years but will not be back. Menu selection was very poor and had very little valentines related options. Looked like very little effort had been put into it. Could also hear confrontation between staff coming from kitchen which made the occasion very awkward, very unprofessional, would not recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your overnight stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel on Valentine's night. I am very sorry to read that you were unhappy with your experience.

Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board but also carried out a full investigation as it is very unusual for us to receive such a low scored review on TripAdvisor.

Unfortunately at this point I am struggling to determine at what time you dined in our restaurant. The entire night operated very smoothly and I am unable to pinpoint any of our diners who had expressed dissatisfaction at the time. On the whole we were very pleased with the feedback and our guests appeared to have a very enjoyable evening.

The fact that you have stayed with us for the past 4 years speaks volumes so this must demonstrate that we provide a high level of service consistently. I am surprised that you did not mention your dissatisfaction at the time since you are a returning customer. We tend to build up a a good rapport with our loyal guests so I would have very much appreciated hearing your feedback at the time or at least been given the opportunity to discuss your experience afterwards. Instead, for some reason you have chosen to provide it on TripAdvisor almost 6 weeks later.

As your profile on TripAdvisor does not have a name I am finding it difficult to determine your reservation. However your location is visible to me but my system does not show any guest staying with us from your area. I would therefore very much appreciate it if you could contact me so that I can get a better understanding of your experience. We are very serious about providing a high level of customer service so I am concerned that if on this occasion we fell short. We are also serious about maintaining our online reputation through providing a high level of service so we are very upset to have received a 1 star review. At this moment I do not feel that it is justified but maybe if I have the opportunity to talk to you I will understand better.

Unfortunately I am very confused at this point as to determining your booking and also since you have stayed with us on Valentine's for the past 4 years I would have pinpointed who you are from your review. Unfortunately I'm unable to do so. I hope that your feedback is genuine and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely hotel in restored mill with very pleasant staff . I cannot really fault it .It is in a beautiful situation with views out to the hills on one side and the old village on the other. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room were perfect . The restaurant food was reasonabe and the food was of very good quality, well cooked and presented.The only complaint I have is the coffee at breakfast time was of an industrial canteen quality and truly awful. The same could be said of the coffee in the coffee shop as well.It is blissfully quiet although as a light sleeper the venaxia in the bathroom was noisy and I had to use ear plugs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. We very much appreciate be awarded with 4 stars and thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to read that you were not happy with the quality of our coffee at breakfast. I will investigate this further as we tend not to get feedback of this nature about the coffee. I have arranged a meeting with our account manager from our coffee supplier so that we can look into this further.

On the whole it appears that you had an enjoyable stay so I certainly hope to be able to welcome you back to New Lanark in the near future. In the meantime thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room very comfortable. Staff very friendly and food very good. Sauna and pool area very clean. Heritage village and river walks superb. Very busy on Saturday due to a wedding and this caused a slight timing problem for our booked dining time. However staff dealt with this in a professional manner. A great experience for all our family.

Room Tip: Ask for luxury river view room
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide a favourable review of our hotel on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I certainly hope you will consider returning in the near future.

Please be assure that I have already passed your feedback onto the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on our journey up north . We booked a waterside cottage because we had our small dog with us . This was a 2 bedroom cottage because the 1 bedroom ones were fully booked . This cottage would sleep 5 .This cottage was lovely and the setting was beautiful. It had everything you'd need for a longer stay on a self catering basis . It was very clean and fresh .we ate in the hotels restaurant and the sevice and food we could not fault , All staff were friendly and efficient. A warm smiley welcome deserves a mention . Thankyou .

Room Tip: River side location .
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay on TripAdvisor following your visit to New Lanark. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our Waterhouse cottage and that you found it had everything you needed for your self catering holiday.

I will of course pass your kind words of praise onto the team and hope that you will consider staying with us once again in the near future.