“Umbra cuisine”
Review of Osteria De Dada'

Osteria De Dada'
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Spello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2016

The place is very small, it was not too crowded when we came and like other reviews have mentioned, there are no menu, only choices of combinations of courses.. I speak Italian so I have no problem when the lady (she was very nice) ran through what they had that day.. a table next to me was a local and said that he had been there since he was very little.. Food proved what he had stated, local umbrian fare, very authentic and original, never had so much truffle on my pasta... my bad, I ordered way too many food and was not able to finish the soup.. Would I come back next time I'm in Spello, hell yeah!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We had dinner here twice. There are no menus, and very little spoken english. On our first dinner, we were offered a house wine, $15 for 2 course dinner, $20 - for 3 course, $25 - everything. We settled of 2 course, and had pretty decent antipasti and pasta. On our second dinner, a few days later, rules changed, and we were offered very few choices while local were getting a lot of different dishes, and the pasta was really bad as if it was re-heated from some time ago. If you dont speak italian, stay clear of this place.

1  Thank Pavel G
Reviewed 11 September 2016

This small and bustling osteria offers a limited daily menu of tasty pasta based meals. If you are looking for variety, or gluten free options, you may be disappointed. The price is fair for ample homemade pasta and sauces, friendly service, with a local village feel. It is difficult to get a table without a reservation, so arrive early or call in a reservation. 0742.30127. Location on via Cavour makes it easy to find. Great for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

A very small restaurant seating about 20 max. Suggest booking in advance. Run by two very nice ladies. One seems to cook and the other tells/ suggests what you should have. The menu board outside is what they do - not what is on that evening !! Cash only. We had antipasti. Suggest 1 between 2. It filled us. One of us had chicken the other strips of steak. With green salad and zucchini . Good home cooking. Did not have a pudding as too full !! Would go back again for food and friendly if slighly eccentric service. Well done ladies !!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

A perfect little rustic restaurant in the Umbrian hills.

We stayed in Spello for 5 days and fell into this charming eatery on our final night. No more than 15-16 covers but the food was first class. I had a pork ragu spaghetti for my favourite dish. Stunning!

They also had a great range of really good wines and all very reasonably priced.

Mamma (I didn't catch her name) ran front of house and was always smiling. I'm guessing I would if I owned this little piece of heaven!