“A typical Umbrian Osteria”
Review of Osteria De Dada'

Osteria De Dada'
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Spello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We enjoyed out meal at Da Dada. Nothing fancy, just a good home-cooked Umbrian meal. The ingredients were all first rate. The service was prompt and efficient, typical for Italy (meaning they're not fawning all over you, as in the states). Our server explained in broken English the menu del giorno and a couple of fixed price options. My wife and I both ordered mushroom lasagna, split a contorno of zucchini, and two glasses of vino bianco. An excellent deal, only 29 euro. We were not famished when we arrived, so we did not go the complete route with an antipasto, secondo piatto, & dolci.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here on 23rd June and were looking forward to the meal, having completed a long walk that afternoon. Upon arriving at the restaurant no menu was offered, just a couple of choices for the first and second courses. The pasta dish was reasonable, but having chosen chicken for the second course, we were surprised when presented with some tough sliced pork on a bed of very tired lettuce leaves. As we spoke little Italian, it was hard to challenge what we'd been served - and when we indicted that we knew the meat was pork, our waitress insisted it wasn't and made a hasty retreat. Either the owner doesn't like non- Italians or she she was just having a bad day. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant unless you speak Italian!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We read about this little place on Tripadviser but were also recommended to try it by our Italian hotel keeper. It is small and with limited choice but the food is excellent and authentic, the service friendly and efficient and the fact that there was a mix of local and tourist diners always a good sign. We enjoyed it.

1  Thank 504229Richard
Reviewed 9 February 2017

We were wandering around Spello, as we always do when we're in Umbria. It's a jewel of a little town. We were hungry, and instead of going back home to Perugia, we stopped in at de Dadà. They found us a table. The choices are limited, but it's good home cooking, the proprietors are boisterous and friendly, and the crowd really enjoys the place.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

The place is very small, it was not too crowded when we came and like other reviews have mentioned, there are no menu, only choices of combinations of courses.. I speak Italian so I have no problem when the lady (she was very nice) ran through what they had that day.. a table next to me was a local and said that he had been there since he was very little.. Food proved what he had stated, local umbrian fare, very authentic and original, never had so much truffle on my pasta... my bad, I ordered way too many food and was not able to finish the soup.. Would I come back next time I'm in Spello, hell yeah!!