“Best Chinese in the area”
Review of Summer Palace

Summer Palace
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Padiham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I have been visiting this restaurant on a regular basis for the past three years with my daughter and on every occasion the food and service have been excellent. Sam the Manager always takes time to come and chat and always makes sure that the place is running smoothly. Blackpool Tony

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Up on arrival we was greeted by a smile! We was given menu an our drinks order was taken stright away an didn't take long for drinks to arrival then our food order was taken! Glade we came when we did as the place started to fill up quickly an u could see it's very popular an stream off take always was been collected staff are very helpful an polite an the food was excellent! We couldn't finish it all so they packed it up for us an very good in price to say what we had! Well done guys we be back!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Even it is westernized Chinese restaurant, there are still some dishes in good Chinese style. Price slightly higher in the area.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

1. Decor tired very tired, ceiling lights out all over. Handles to gents broken and holes in the plastic supposed marble effect walls.
2. Mr angry as waiter.
3. First course served at intervals I sat and waited with my soup for a good while until my wife and sons starter appeared.
4. I ordered beef steak with green peppers in black bean sauce. It came on a sizzling platter ok a bit over the top but hey. I waited until it had stopped sizzling then moved the dish towards my rice bowl. Big mistake the furnace like hot iron dish slipped off the worn wooden base and had left me with 3 yes THREE burnt fingers.
5. For the pleasure of receiving the burns on my fingers for a 2 person won ton starter a hot and sour soup and 3 beef an
Green pepper mains with fried rice I was charged over £72 oh I had 2 half pint beers my son had 1 beer. Total joke if you charge premium prices in a small town at least provide a premium quality service I shan't be going back !

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Fab food, great staff.
Spoilt tonight by a very loud diner, with a party of ten.
Well when I say spoilt it wasn't really because she was so full of herself it was quite entertaining.
We've been coming here for a long time and the staff can't do enough for you, if there is a problem, they sort it for you, if you don't like something they change it.
Of course we've had things wrong and things we don't like, but come on be honest, if the staff are fair, helpful and do their very best to sort things out, they don't need to be insulted and abused.
Well done tonight guys, because if it was me I would have lost my temper, with the soup episode.