“1920's nostalgia...”

Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Shipley
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hidden away behind the indoor market, Interlude Tea Room brings an ambience and quality not often found in today's busy times. Great food, all made and baked on the premises (including their bread), wonderful service and a chance to chill out before returning to the 21st century.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

came upon this place on a recent visit to Shipley.
I only popped in for a tea and a large pot was £1.95.
Service was very nice and the tea room is set out with best china, Lots of memorabilia.
The tea room is downstairs, but take time to wander around upstairs with more 1920's stuff including clothes and a very fetching swim suit!
Open every day except Sunday, closes 3.30 Mon and Tues, 4.30 other days.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The owner was very helpful on the phone. In reality I felt the service was a bit pushy by suggesting all sorts of food, checking we were ok,checking if we wanted more (just felt a little uncomfortable as too much).
The coffee was reasonably priced and done well. The scones were £4 for jam and cream, extra for butter and not including the drink and I know this is on the pricier side as lots of places round the area do cream tea for £5.
The butterfly bun was delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I visited on a Saturday morning. We loved the books on the table and enjoyed reading some poetry. The owner is very polite and kind; she offered to change the strength of my coffee if I wanted but as it was just what I'd asked for it wasn't necessary. We've been before and the cakes were just as delicious - there's a wide selection. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank 1CB7
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Not been for a while but was passing with a friend so we popped in for a drink although couldn't resist a homemade treat to go with it so we shared a caramel shortbread & crispy square both were amazing with lots of gooey caramel. Service and decor was even better than I remembered. Definitely won't be leaving it as long til I go back!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Very attentive, literally couldn't do enough for us it was lovely and quirky. Would definelty recommend.