“WARNING: DO NOT EAT HERE”

Abardeen Steak House
Ranked #50 of 68 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here on the last night of our holiday, and what a way to end it. We were seated straight away and noticed immediately how cheap the prices were, steaks for £8.50 isn't common and not a good sign. A waitor came over and gave us what we thought were free "canapés", actually just some chicken on a toasted baguette, it was then added onto our bill. My boyfriend ordered 1/2 a chicken and chips, which he could only assume had been reheated due to the luke warm temperature and complete lack of flavour. I ordered a carbonara which tasted like a microwave meal and was entirely tasteless. We bought a pizza on our way home. Do not be fooled by the good service and cheap prices- the quality is all reflected in the price.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

So so disappointed with this place. Service non existent, food and drinks thrown at you, then wrong food arrives!
It was fairly busy and we had high hopes but after the cocktail took about 10 minutes to arrive, the “free” nibbles were thrown at us. We eventually got the water we ordered after pestering for it. The fillet steak was not blue as requested And the portion of chips was pitiful with over boiled veg. I ordered well done lamb chops but they brought me pork chops and told me they were lamb! Eventually my lamb chops came but they had a funny taste and I didn’t eat them all . The waiter was informed as he cleared the plate but made no comment. Eventually we asked for dessert menu which again was thrown at us. Implore you not to go here . They must trade on people going once . In an area where there is choice they need to seriously train staff at serving and then train chefs on how to cook. Only redeeming factor was chap on keyboard so for that I give them one star !

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered buffalo chicken wings that were just dry wings sprinkled in chilli flakes. Had absolutely no flavour. For the main had rib eye which was recommended by the waiter. I like steak medium rare but worry that it’ll come blue so asked for it medium. Steak was cooked to within an inch of its life. Lousy quality, unseasoned, chewy, fatty meat. Was served with accompanying veg which was undoubtedly frozen out of a bag. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Visited last night, we’ve been a few times before, very hit and miss, we ordered from the 3 course meal menu, great choice, however two of the starters we had were not as described - no sauces, no sides, salad instead of green beans. We ordered lamb shanks, we had lamb chops. All very tasty but no acknowledgement from the waiters. We didn’t complain as what we had was nice enough and we weren’t paying much! The main meal could’ve also been a touch hotter. We also got a free bottle of wine. Lots of midgies in the restaurant. Shall go again...

1  Thank ner147
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Have been coming here for many years. Food a bit hit and miss compared to menu. E.g. no sauces as expected, chops instead of shank. Amazing that changes from what we ordered were not even acknowledged by any of the numerous male staff.
Guitarist fine and the 3 course meal was still good value. Too many midges and staff slightly edgy.