“Great food.. rushed service!!”
Review of Grill Casa Vieja

Grill Casa Vieja
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my daughter... only the two of us .. moat welcoming and slightly over attentive.. although there were only two groups in.. so they may have been bored.. lol. Did feel like they wanted to squeeze every euro out of us.. refilling drinks when not finished and pushing the dessert menu after we said we were full..
Then considering it was quiet we had to wait for 20 minutes to get the bill seemed like they wanted to get me to have another drink..

Other than that the food was great fish was well cooked and tenderly tasty. . Enjoyed the whole evening..

Just don't rush us matey !!

Recommend it as the price is very good..

3  Thank Peter M

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We went there thanks to a local suggestion and we were very happy about the choice! The restaurant was pretty empty so the atmosphere was relaxed. We had some typical cheese and the octopus + fruits and a mousse Made of a local corn's flour. The waiters were nice and fun with us. I would recommend this place!

2  Thank Piccolopoo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The waiters are so rude I have never Seen poor customer service like that . Trust me it will spoil your day

1  Thank Mario133
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have been to this restaurant a lot in 2012. We had really enjoyed it. Coming back this year, we were looking forward to spent a lot of dinners here. Unfortunately the service ahs become a bit colder, tries to get you fast in and out. The food quality is decent, but by far not as good as a year ago, and the while the prices have gone up, the sizes have decreased a lot, and the quality is also not at the level a year ago.

So after our first night we did go elsewhere for the rest of our stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We just had a great evening at this place, so thought I'd write the review immediately! The restaurant is off the beaten track, and its location is not glamorous, in fact its next to the motorway, but higher up so the noise isn't too bad.

In any case we sat inside, and it does have the air of a tourist canteen, but it was pretty empty this evening, so actually was quite nice. We must have been lucky with the waiters, because unlike the other reviews, ours was friendly and attentive. We never waited long, and he was always available...perhaps we were lucky as there were only about 10 tables occupied (and no live music either, so again perhaps we were lucky as I am not sure, like Chris I, I would have enjoyed that either!).

The food is simple, and very reasonably priced (the menu is extensive though with plenty of choice), certainly much cheaper than the beach side tourist traps. I had simple grilled fish and it was lovely! Soft and flakey, but really tasty...and my wife had the Ropa Vieja, which is a traditional Spanish chickpea stew with lamb often served as a tapas, and was really enjoyable as well as filling!

The kids got generous portions of grilled chicken and fish respectively, but there were also about 10 pasta dishes for them to choose from too.

The meal for 4, with wine, drinks, coffee and deserts only came to €65, so definitely a bit of a bargain, and I would recommend a visit.