“Absolutely the best way to see Cape Town!”

Cape Town Seamore Express Tours and Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 53 Bloubergstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2013

What a fantastic place! We were looking for a safe, comfortable place to stay that would also take care of the details of all of the sightseeing, shopping, and excursions we wanted to do and Seamore express far exceeded our expectations. We sent Kurt a list of things we wanted to do while in the Cape Town area and he devised a program for us taking into account the weather, timing, preferences and organized everything for us! You will not get this kind of personalized service anywhere else! We saw table mountain on the best weather day, not according to a rigid itinerary. We are able to see everything we wanted to plus a bunch of extras such as an epic drive around Huot Bay and a shopping outing that included outlet malls, a giant mall, and the V & A waterfront. Everyday we had a itinerary of things to do that was flexible enough that we could add more or take out stuff as we wanted. It was perfect. The all inclusive price for accommodations and all tours was ridiculously reasonable compared to other tour operators. Kurt has actually been asked by the tourism board to increase their prices as other guesthouses and hotels are being overlooked because their prices are so much higher. He has flatly refused to do this. Also, Kurt uses a van and not a giant bus, making it easier to get to all the places you want to see.
Staying at this place is like staying with friends you didn't know you had in Cape Town. We felt so at home at the Guesthouse, eating dinners together, meeting the owners friends and fur friends, and having a genuine experience of how life is in Cape Town. Kurt and R.J are very knowledgeable about everything we wanted to know and do and are amazing hosts.
The people of Cape Town are so lovely.I always felt safe and Kurt was able to dispel many of the myths I read on the internet before coming. To illustrate the kind and genuineness of these people, we arrived late and needed to do laundry. We went to the laundry place around the corner at 430 pm and they were closing at 5 pm. The lovely owners stayed 45 minutes past their closing to ensure our clothes were dry and chatted with us the whole time. Kurt came shopping with my friend and I and pointed out stores for specific things we were looking for.
The guesthouse is immaculate. The rooms are spotless, comfortable beds, nice shower, great towels, a giant closet and separate dressing room. The kitchen is also spotless with everything you might need, although we ordered food most times as it was insanely cheap and delicious!
They have a lovely garden, small pool and lovely outdoor area for hanging out as well as a common room with comfy furniture and a giant projector screen for watching movies etc.
We are so, so glad we booked at this place. I have traveled to over 35 countries over the last 10 ten years and have never had an experience like this in any city. I really felt like I was living in Cape Town with friends for a short while, it is a city and an experience I will never forget

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were beautiful! If you want a more private room as for the one behind the po...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Moll59841
Seamore, Owner at Cape Town Seamore Express Tours and Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank You for your review on Tripadvisor we really enjoyed your visit and are glad to have been your hosts in Cape Town.
These reviews are a great honest forum that many travelers need to read to see What great value they can get ,and we are proud to offer an all exclusive package to all our Guests.
Until your next visit we thank you for choosing Cape Town Seamore-Express Tours and Guesthouse

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had an amazing time in Cape Town thanks to Kyrt and RJ at Seamore Express. Thank you guys :)

The Guesthouse was beautifully presented, clean and quirky. It had everything I needed so that I could cater for myself on my trip. The other facilities (living room, dining room etc) were spotless and the breakfasts served each morning kept me going through my busy mornings!

Travelling alone I felt really safe at the guesthouse and on the excursions that I booked with Kyrt. Despite unlucky weather Kyrt worked really hard to make sure I could make the most of everyday. I managed to squeeze in everything I wanted to see in quite a short time, all credit to them for helping me work this out.

Highlights? Table Mountain Hike, Robben Island, Cape Point/ Cape of Good Hope, Elephant, Rhino, Zebra, Cheetah, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Pelicans, Flamingos, Ostrich, Penguins, V&A Waterfront oh and the wine and cheese and chocolate and more wine and more cheese :)

Highly recommended in every aspect, a super stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Georgina K
Seamore, Owner at Cape Town Seamore Express Tours and Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My stay at Seamore Express Guesthouse was really great,
All the way down to the food that I ate.
Breakfast was ready at 9am to start the day,
With eggs, toast, cereal and fruit to send us happily on our way.

With our tummys full and anxious eyes,
You can't go wrong with Kyrt and RJ by your side.
Kyrt and RJ were the best tour guides ever,
We traveled to Cape Point, Boulders Beach and Hout Bay, despite the unpredictable weather.
We saw many places, ate lots of seafood and tasted great wine,
I must say that the tours were absolutely divine!

The days were long, but simply the best,
It was so nice to come home to a safe place to rest.
I can honestly say, that Cape Town is my most favourite city,
It was heartbreaking to leave, it was such a pity.

I will be back to the Cape before I return to my homeland,
Afterall, I made a promise on my finger with my new silver band.
Kyrt and RJ are an absolute pleasure,
I can’t wait to come back and stay with them forever!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank andyswatter
Seamore, Owner at Cape Town Seamore Express Tours and Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I really felt at home here, I love Cape Town and the experience and expert knowledge that Seamore express has, adds an extra touch of class to an unforgettable holiday adventure.

I recommend Strandloper and Table Mountain hike as well as some time at Blouberg Beach!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShannonC56

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Once again I had the pleasure to be hosted by Kyrt and RJ. With a full house and a birthday it was a joyous occasion! Kyrt is generous with his knowledge and will share it with "strays" we meet on our tours. His flexibility and ability to make a plan to suit everyone is impressive. My time in the Mother City is always limited so it is great to have the guys at Seamore Express make it so precious. Until next time!

• Stayed: April 2013