See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2015

We are just back in the UK after a memorable trip to Cape Town. We loved staying at Seamore Guest House. It felt like staying with friends, relaxed and informal. It is not a 5 star hotel - we didn't want that. It was clean and comfortable, the food was lovely, and service great. Kyrt went out of his way to make our trip memorable and it was tailor made to our requirements. We were not the most adventurous guests - no shark diving for us, but we loved the trips, the restaurants, and the scenery was spectacular. And we didn't know much about wine before we went, but learned a lot and loved it!!! We run a guest house back in the UK and I like to think we know what we are talking about - Great job Kyrt & RJ.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnneMustardTree
Reviewed 9 October 2015

As I travel extensively, I was quite shocked by the review posted to Trip Advisor on the 19th August 2015.
I have stayed at Seamore Express Lodge on 2 occasions before and it is my first choice for accommodation when I travel to Cape Town. There have been two or three times where the lodge was fully booked and had to find alternative accommodation.
Unbeknown to Kyrt (owner and manager) I did not mention the review posted on Trip Advisor and requested the very same room to stay in for 4 days.
As usual, the experience was nothing short of fantastic. We were collected punctually at the airport and enjoyed Champagne and snacks on our arrival at the lodge. Myself and my partner’s needs were catered for with the same professional manner which we have become accustomed to. The room was pleasant and warm albeit the weather was not favourable and the breakfasts were delicious and extremely well presented. Kyrt went out of his way to ensure all our needs were met (including running around to find a pharmacy open after hours) As Kyrt is also part of his neighbourhood watch and is always equipped with a radio, we felt very safe when being driven around at night.
This time we did the Wine Tour and the Extreme Tour in the form of Shark Cave diving. As nervous as we were, if Kyrt had not been consolingly present, my partner would have backed out but we had the adventure of a lifetime (not that I would do it again)
Thank you to Kyrt and RJ for another fantastic holiday and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
I highly recommended a visit to Seamore Express Guest Lodge. You will not be disappointed and with regards to the review, I am not sure they were at the same place.

Room Tip: Any room is great but the 'Grey Room' is my favourite when available.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BushFirefly
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Cozy, comfortable, relaxed and secure guest house experience for me. From the pickup at the airport to the drop off 3 days later at the Blue Train, I could not ask for a better experience. That is why I rated it a 5. Kyrt was professional and very flexible to our needs. I traveled with 2 other ladies and we were pleased. The service was prompt, the room was clean and comfortable. We needed extra help with post office and laundry service and it was arranged and easy to do.The TV/Movie equipment was in a common theatre family living room style not in the bedroom. It was winter in Cape Town and we understood the weather would dictate what we could see and do. Kyrt was a great guide. He does have animals but they were never in our environment without our permission so I was surprised by the previous review since Kryt was sensitive to our needs and wants. The trip package of pickup, room, taxi and daily guide really is the best arrangement - it is consistent and reliable. I would highly recommend this guest house and use it again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I had an amazing experience with Kyrt Krauss and Seamore Express Tours.

I came to Cape Town by myself- Kyrt picked me up at the airport, took me around the city all week, and took me to the airport at the end. He was a lovely, professional tour guide who was extraordinarily flexible to my wishes throughout the stay. As the weather was very unpredictable, we had to change plans daily, and this always worked out. He planned outings I didn't even know were options, and I had a great time! In the evenings, I had time to myself, but he was always available if need be. I absolutely felt at home there and felt like a family member instead of a tourist.

In going to submit this review, I noticed a review prior to mine that was very negative about his/her experience. I wanted to address some of the things written there that I believe were very misconstrued. Firstly, the Cape Town weather was chilly. I also noticed a damp-like sensation when I got into my bed, under the covers, but I realized it was actually just the sheets being cold from the weather! I frequently was offered extra heating if I wanted it.

Kyrt has an Alaskan Timber Wolf, and I've never met a more friendly, warm animal. I could not believe how gentle it was. There is no reason to fear this animal; it was incredibly loving!

Finally, yes there was a pool that was not currently in use- but it was absolutely too cold in the Cape Town winter to use it. It was not unusual to see that it was not ready to go.

Kyrt Krauss was an incredible tour guide and I would recommend him to everyone. I had a great time. You have to be flexible on a tour because the weather in Cape Town is so variant, but that's all part of the experience! If you want something, tell Kyrt in advance and I have no doubts he will work with you to make it happen. He's a wonderful guy and I have nothing but glowing things to say about him.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank mjp2226
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I have never left a place mid-stay before, so this was a first time kind of experience for me. Three of us booked 4 nights at the Seamore Express guesthouse. We left after only 2 nights. It is hard to know where to start with this review. First, my room appeared to be a former bathroom. The whole room was tile and stone and was dripping with moisture. As my daughter and I climbed in to bed, the dampness was so great that it felt as if the bedding was wet. I woke up to slugs literally crawling the walls (I will upload a pic as soon as I can). It was damper than an old basement. When I complained to the owner, Kyrt, he just said that that is how the Cape is - damp and wet. Right. I begged for a heater to help dry out the room which helped but didn't totally solve the dampness problem. There was no soap provided, no TV, room was hostel-basic.

This place is not child friendly at all. The owner informed us that he owned an Alaskan timber wolf, which he would gladly show to us, but he joked it would try to eat/playfully bite my daughter. After the first day, he let the wolf out and my friend and I felt we needed to guard my daughter. There is a 3-4 meter deep pool near the dining area. The pool was not maintained (owner says because it was off season).

We are well traveled, easy-going gals, but my friend and I found the owner to be patronizing and we constantly felt we were unwelcome guests in his home. We were left to fend for ourselves at mealtimes, without knowing the street address of the guesthouse and without access to a local phone number. We were dropped off at the beach and the waterfront and told exactly when we would be picked up, instead of mutually agreeing on a time. We didn't know the activities planned for the next day as he said basically that we would wing it, weather depending. That is ok up until a point, but then you need enough info to know how to pack for a day outing, allocate your clothing, etc.

What is most disappointing is that when we informed the owner that we felt we had no choice but to leave the guesthouse early, he refused to refund us any of our money. I can understand paying for the nights we did not stay, but he also refused to refund us the tours which were not taken and the transfer to the airport, all of which we paid in advance. He said the tours were paid in advance and we don't believe this is true given that he IS the tour guide. The right thing to do would have been to refund us our money for the services which were not provided. For example, he would no longer be taking us back to the airport, so this cost had not even been incurred, but again, he was adamant that we not receive any refund whatsoever.

The location of this place is 30-45 minutes from downtown Cape Town.

This tour guide/manager came highly recommended by close friends. I see he also has generally good reviews on Trip Advisor. I think he is probably a good tour guide but an awful bed and breakfast manager. So, if you book, book the tours but save yourself the horrible experience of staying at his place....

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends