Lowest prices for your stay
US$118
CheapTicketsUS$118
TravelocityUS$118
Orbitz.comUS$118
2,393 results
All reviews loch awe an open mind single track road stunning views three nights passing places night stay remote location residents lounge short break relaxing break full scottish haggis apartment peat beatrice sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

We bought a voucher at the Cheshire Show which was terrific value and upgraded to a lakeside apartment.
The apartment was comfortable and the view spectacular. The hotel was a little tired and food ok

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vince h
Hazel Wragg, Guest Services / Front Office at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Hello Vince,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you thought the voucher was terrific value, enjoyed the apartment and found the view spectatcualr.

Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed at one of the Portsonachan Lodges, lodge was great (Stirling) with loch views, well appointed with hot tub, sauna and modern kitchen. We were self catering but dined at the hotel one evening, food good and despite the Covid regs with no booze with the meal it was fine and staff were very pleasant and helpful. Good base to explore nearby Ben Cruachan and not too far from Oban. Kilchurn Castle worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review, I am pleased the Covid Regs did not spoil your holiday and you enjoyed your time in the lodge.

Reviewed 15 October 2020

Booked a weekend away through booking.com. The booking was pay on arrival however 10 days before the date of arrival the property took over £700 from my bank account. I called the property to try and resolve this but found the lady at reception to be extremely unhelpful, she said on that she was unable to help however would get someone who could to call me back. After not receiving a call in over 24 hours I asked to be past through to management or someone who could help and the receptionist threatened to terminate the call. The customer service is nothing short of terrible and based on that alone I wouldn't recommend going here.

2  Thank memomcgran

Dear Ms McGranaghan,
Thank you for your review, you purchased a non refundable special break via booking.com payable on booking. You then tried to cancel at very short notice, when the receptionist politely tried to explain this, you became verbally abusive.
I am not sure how many reviews you wish to post as everyone will be able to read a similar review from sophierN4869KF "Terrible customer service"

Reviewed 14 October 2020

I booked this at a Christmas fair for four and was impressed with the description of the surroundings and hotel, due to the covid virus we had to change our dates a couple of times but finally got there on the 9/10/20 to the 12/10/20. we upgraded and PAID EXTRA to stay in the apartments and was looking forward to our stay. the apartment wasn't as clean as it should be, it needed new flooring as the laminate flooring was bubbling up and worn, we had no hot water so I called reception and a chap came out within half hour and told us only to turn the hot tap half way as the boiler cannot cope if tap is full on, so filling up the bath took ages and then was only warm. the shower was also poor, We booked a meal in the restaurant on the first night what a disappointment a poor choice of menu, one of our party had fish that was all batter and bones with very very little fish when we complained we were offered a choice but declined so was not charged. The so called breakfast hamper was a joke when i called to find out about breakfast i was told we would receive porridge / croissants / we never got any, on arrival we were told we should get a breakfast hamper that was for three days what a joke only enough for one day for two people, when we went to enquire about what we got we were told you get a hamper every morning again not true we didn't get on on our last morning. we were also told that we should have dishwasher tablets / washing up liquid/ again they never turned up, the staff on reception were unsure as to what you got and when. To say i paid for breakfast in the hotel and then paid again to upgraded to the apartments i would have thought that a good breakfast would have been available. The area is fantastic with good walks and on the waterfront, would i stay again i am sorry to say NO I WOULD NOT.

Room tip: Ask if and when the room had been refurbished, make sure you are clear on what is included.
4  Thank Martin F

Dear Mr Fox-Smith
Thank you for posting you review of your recent stay at Portsonachan.
We provide all our self catering lodges or apartments with a cleaning basket, which is located under the sink, I did advise your wife, where she could find the basket. With regard breakfast, I again spoke to your wife, who informed me that she didn't like brown bread, had been to Marks and Spencers and no longer required a hamper. A hamper was sent the following morning but returned.
I am very sorry you would not stay at Portsonachan again, but please you enjoyed the area, as Argyll and Bute is a fantastic holiday destination

Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days for rest and relaxtion. This hotel was situated in the most beautiful scenery on the edge of Loch Awe. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing with generous portion sizes. My husband was able to go fishing on the loch, which he enjoyed immensely. We also were able to take our dog with us which was a huge bonus, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great break away, will definitely go back and enjoy this lovely hotel and it's great staff.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review and photos!

Look forward to welcoming you back