Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
ZenHotels.com
2,304 results
All reviews loch awe an open mind single track road stunning views three nights passing places night stay remote location residents lounge short break relaxing break full scottish haggis apartment peat beatrice sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are nicer hotels around Loch Awe than this. Our holiday dream was turned into a nightmare. We had NO hot water for our entire stay, and the hotel knew this as we checked in as the maintenace man was there in our room and did not inform us. Thankfully, we were only staying 3 nights, but our activities of fishing, wild swimming and hiking were curtailed as we had no hot water to bathe or shower in. We asked for another room, but was told they were fully booked and we couldn't be moved. We were offered a shower in another block of rooms across the road, first thing in the morning before the guests arrived, but every day we had rain and it was not ideal walking across the road in the rain to shower in my pjs and dressing gown. But having no hot water to bathe or shower when returning from walking was upsetting. I boiled kettles of water to wash up in, but the plug didn't fit the sink and the water escaped. This break was to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday, but it was not the celebration we had wanted. The lack of communication from the staff with regards to trying to fix the issue, was appalling. We were the ones having to call them. The words of - I will find out and call you back in 5 minutes - was a lie. We never had any call backs. The lack of care for our welfare and hygiene during a pandemic was disappointing. Their duty of care to us, their customers, was non-existant. After 2 nights I was ready to leave, I felt dirty and wanted to go home. But I had paid over £300 for my husband's birthday treat and I didn't want to spoil it, as he wanted to visit other areas for future holidays. I brought packets of wet wipes, and sanitizer but I never felt clean. The breakfast is toast, cereals and yoghurt. There is no cooked items available, even though they show on the menu. The evening meals are ok, but I've had better for less money - guests are captured audience so far from anywhere else, but we visited Inverary and had a lovely meal in the George Hotel. The cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired having found a rusty razor shaver behind a shampoo bottle in the bathroom and the toilet brush brown stained, but without hot water nothing will be cleaned properly. The hotel needs a huge amount of TLC and updating doing to it. We won't be recommending this place to anyone. The hotel didn't even apologise to us. There are nicer hotels, B&Bs, and Guest Houses around Lock Awe, that will look after you better than this hotel will. This hotel doesn't value customers. We will be going back to Loch Awe as it is very lovely, but we won't be staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank traycieb2015
Tracey Welch, Marketing at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi tracy, thank you for your feedback and I am now looking into your comments and will get back to you. Perhaps you could send me our email address so that we can also reply to you personally as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Avoid this place like the plague. Dirty and very dated accommodation.

We had no heating or hot water for 2 days and ended up leaving a day earlier due to the diabolical service.

When we asked about the heating the staff kept lying to us and we asked to speak to the manager, he was even worse, we didn't even get an apology and in fact he was a very rude, horrible man.

Purchased this product at a running show, please don't be duped in to doing the same. Check the reviews, all the bad ones are more accurate.

The place should be condemned!

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank susano175
Portsonachan Hotel Reception, Owner at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. During youjr stay we did try and rectify the problem and offered to move you which you declined and you also acted in an intimidating and threatening manner to our Reception staff.

We have taken note of your comments.

Kind regards

Tracey - Customer Services

Reviewed 16 April 2021

My husband and I are both active duty military and purchased tickets at a travel fair.
The trip didn't end up happening due to work schedules and try to reschedule and eventually tried to cancel. I provided a request via email and formal written request. The hotel staff would ask questions as though they were working it, but eventually we stopped receiving responses and altogether ignored. These seems to be the common theme with other reviews I've read. They are stealing people's money and should be put out of business.

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank NatalieBtravelin
Judith Parker, Owner at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Hello Natalie
I am sorry you felt our offer is a scam. I would like to point out that you purchased a discounted hotel stay in 2019 (March) a whole year before lockdown, we have also extended your voucher up to the end of 2022 allowing you over 3 years to use your purchase.
You were aware of the T + C when you purchased the voucher and I feel we have been more than flexible, and we have definitely not ignored you
Kind Regards
Liz Parker

Reviewed 13 January 2021

Very unhelpful and will only extend our trip instead of providing us a refund. They are not providing a Service but still hold onto our money when we cannot go and have the right to a full refund. Very disappointing service

Date of stay: January 2021
Hazel Wragg, Guest Services / Front Office at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Good Morning,
Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor, I would like to clarify the situation regarding refunds, you have purchased a discounted hotel accommodation voucher which is still valid for use up to the end of December 2021 - If you purchased hotel accommodation direct with the hotel and not on a promotional voucher then you have a choice either postpone your trip or receive a refund. Please contact the hotel to discuss your situation further
Kind Regards
Liz

Reviewed 10 December 2020

Our two bed lodge was a little out dated & could do with a spruce up & unfortunately our dishwasher flooded the kitchen but all in all it was a great stay!! The beds were comfy, staff so friendly, scenery was beautiful, sauna lovely & so relaxing!!
Would highly recommend a visit!!

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel