4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$133
TravelocityUS$133
TripadvisorUS$133
ZenHotels.com
2,315 results
All reviews loch awe an open mind single track road stunning views three nights passing places night stay remote location residents lounge short break relaxing break full scottish haggis apartment peat beatrice sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nites most impressed at the situation of the hotel and outstanding views definitely has a Scottish charm about it.
I had a very friendly welcome and shown to my accommodation, I asked for a room with a view and I got it wow.
My room was clean I am particular where I stay, I couldn’t fault the cleanliness throughout the hotel.sheets and bedding were fresh and crisp and the bed very comfortable.
Food was great and I thought a good menu to choose from catering for most tastes.
The service was friendly and professional and the bar was well stocked!!
There certainly was plenty to do,take a boat from the hotel and explore the loch or try some fishing.
The staff that I delt with during my stay were most attentive and approachable.
A lovely hotel in a lovely part of Scotland.
Will be returning

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Tracey Welch, Marketing at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Hi, thank you for your lovely review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the view we provide :-) I will pass your comments on to the staff and our Chef. we look forward to welcoming you back to Portsonachan.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

Having just spent the weekend for my husband’s 60th birthday in Lodge Stirling I was appalled at the state of the place. The lodge had not been cleaned from previous occupants, bird poo all over decking and chairs outside, barbecue wasn’t cleaned, no cushions for chairs outside. Had to phone reception for cleaners and for other things to be rectified on several occasions and had to wait forever to get things done. The lodge was supposed to have been Covid cleaned what a joke!!! The staff didn’t seem bothered when we complained. I spent hundreds of pounds for this break and was disappointed as it was a special birthday. Won’t be returning!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 589gillianw
Tracey Welch, Marketing at Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges On Loch Awe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

HI, thank you for your comments and I would confirm that all our accommodation follows all the Covid-19 guidelines and are properly cleaned. We have the "good to go" and also are inspected on a regular basis. The BBQ should have been cleaned and I have spoken to Housekeeping about this so thank you for pointing it out. We can provide outside cushions on request but do not have them on the furniture because of our outdoor wildlife. However, we cannot continually clean up the bird poo and the outside areas as the lodges are rural and in the wilderness. For example, we have swallows nests on the outside of our lodges and, as they are a protected species, there will be bird poo on the verandas as it is illegal to remove these nests. Perhaps we might think of supplying outside mops and buckets for guests staying in our lodges. We apologise for any delays that occurred with your requests and always address issues as quickly as we can as our maintenance and housekeeping are on site. Perhaps you can contact us directly via email at the hotel should you have any further issues and we can reply to you personally. We are sorry you won't be returning as this is not our intention at all.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

we bought a deal at a fair in 2019 and obv it was postponed but the hotel was really good and put it on hold and we had just comeback from a three night stay , we stayed in one of the coach house apartments, it was clean and well maintained . we had a great breakfast hamper delivered to our door each morning that we could not fault , its a good base to explore the highlands , we did have one meal , it was well cooked we will go back

Date of stay: May 2021

Hi, thank you for your comments and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast hamper and will let the Chef know you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to seeing you back at Portsonachan.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

we purchased a VIP offer, and duly arrived on the 8/6 for 3 nights, the room was situated overlooking the loch and it was a stunning view, the room was clean and comfortable and we had no complaints, breakfast was a healthy array of fruit yoghurt and breads and porridge surprising it was satisfying . The staff were helpful especially hazel,and couldn't wait to please us, we had a great time and we would and will return

Room tip: try and book a loch view room , worth the money
Date of stay: June 2021

Hi, great that you purchased one of our VIP offers and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Portsonachan. We will pass your comments on to the staff as it is always nice for them to see something in writing. When you are ready to rebook, just give us a call.
Hopefully, see you soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

Our first and last stay booked for 3 nights. we arrived and when to reception and booked in when to our room.Room was not clean red wine glass stains on wood window sill.shower drain full hair and slimy goo not seen any cleaning.tv no signal/toilet hard flush/light hanging from ceiling by two wires. damp smell rom just very grubey .Stay one night and left Not what we expected our first trip to scotland. NO COOKED BREAKFAST after paying for it 2 years ago.

3  Thank antony8amp

Hi Mr Pickering, I understand you have ben sent my email address so look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards