US$169
US$144
Timothy Beach Resort(Frigate Bay)(Great Value!)
US$205
Hotels.com
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
US$133
US$115
Hotels.com
US$400
Hyatt.com
Oualie Beach Resort(New Castle)(Great Value!)
US$179
TripAdvisor
3,436 results
All reviewsmain buildingpizza shackst kittsmain poolatlantic sidekitts marriottswim up barla cucinalobsterroyal grillesprat netnorth poolfour seasonscalypso cafebeautiful islandgolf courseall inclusive package
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We stayed at the St. Kitts Marriott June 11-18. If you are expecting a pristine 5-star resort with wild nightlife this is not the hotel for you. However, if you are looking for a nice hotel on the beach with a friendly and welcoming staff, beautiful views and a laid back and friendly vibe you will enjoy your stay immensely. Remember folks- you are on island time so relax and have fun!
Hotel: All off the hotel staff we interacted with were professional, outgoing and polite – in particular the front desk personnel (thank-you Kevon, Roxanne and Michael!) We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor and the view was spectacular. If you can grab an ocean view do it- having coffee on the balcony every morning while watching the sunrise was the perfect way to start each day! However, the shared balcony resulted in some irritation our final night as new guests arrived in the room next to us - they were constantly smoking on the balcony and we were unable to sit outside on our last night as their smoke and ash kept blowing toward us. This is a non-smoking hotel, so please be courteous to your neighbors. Some areas of the hotel do need a bit of a facelift but overall it was very clean and comfortable. Live music on Saturday nights can be heard throughout the open-air main building, but it stopped promptly at 10pm and was not a problem. The casino was like any other casino and we spent very little time there. The resort has 3 pools and each offers a different experience. The main pool has a swim up bar, is close to restaurants, and would get very crowded and noisy in the afternoon. The north pool was quiet and relaxing at all times, while the south pool was more crowded than the north pool but not as noisy as the main pool. The beach was clean with very little seaweed and plenty of cabanas and chairs, and we were always able to find a spot even in the middle of the day. The water was a bit rough but we were still able to swim, although I wouldn’t recommend snorkeling on the Atlantic side.
Food: There is a Ram’s market and a couple of duty-free wine and liquor stores within walking distance of the hotel so we stocked up on snacks and beverages our first day there. If you are a AAA member I highly recommend booking the AAA breakfast rate if available - it will save you around $25 a day per person. The Calypso Restaurant served the usual breakfast buffet with fruit, grains, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, etc. You may have to wait a few minutes but they will also cook eggs, omelets and pancakes to order. The Pizza Shack was the only other restaurant we patronized at the hotel- open late, reasonable prices and the pies and milkshakes were very good. We preferred to venture out to the local beach bars for lunch and dinner- after all, who wants to be cooped up at a hotel on an island when you can experience local flavor? There are a few places within walking distance of the hotel (avoid Shiggity Shack – beautiful view but the place was dirty and run-down); however, we had a car and preferred to drive to Reggae Beach Bar (Lobsterfest on Friday night is a must), Salt Plage (beautiful sunset views, great music and yummy cocktails) and Carambola Beach Club (beautiful club with clear water and gorgeous views) on the South side of the island, and Arthur’s (great food and a beautiful view where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean) on the North side.
Etc.: Renting a car while we were there gave us the freedom to explore the island at our own pace. Hertz has a rental agency on site, but there are other rental agencies on the island as well. Parking is free at the hotel and while spaces are limited we never had a problem parking. If anyone reading this has specific questions about rental cars or driving on the island please message me and I will be happy to provide specifics. Taxis are abundant at the hotel and while the rates are reasonable they can get expensive very quickly if you have numerous activities and sight-seeing planned during your stay. As the island is so small the Marriott presents a great central location to start and end your day regardless of what mode of transportation you choose. Navigating the North side of the island can be tricky – the roads are not always marked, and can be very narrow and congested at times. It was totally worth the effort to get to Brimstone Hill Fortress – a must see! Porte Zante in Basseterre has plenty of souvenir shops – go on a day when the cruise ships are not scheduled to avoid large crowds and possibly snag a discount or two. The South side of the island is extremely easy to navigate. The main road is clear and the land is not as developed, resulting in amazing views from Timothy Hill all the way down to Major’s Bay . There are a dozen beach bars all along the Caribbean side of the lower half of the island so you are sure to find one to suit your style.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway at a beautiful resort that is close to gorgeous beaches, cool beach bars, and beautiful national parks and historical sites.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on the 4th or 5th floor are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kimberly o
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Spent one week during the summer lull. I am a frequent visitor. Very quiet which i like.

The hotel has been undergoing painting, replacing, and remodeling. It is looking and feeling better. I always found the beds to be very comfortable. Gym is large with a full complement of equipment. Internet was very strong in my room. Finally!

Staff as always has been very pleasant.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
SKBManager, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear atexasadventurer, thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort. Thank you for your kind comments made about our comfortable beds, large, fully equipped gym, strong WiFi and very pleasant staff. As you mentioned we are undoing upgrades to the property which is sure to provide highly functional space and stylish, modern decor which will enhance the overall guest experience. I'm glad you are Already enjoying the transformation.

Thank you for choosing the St. Kitts Marriott Resort, we definitely await your return.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Arrived late evening fast taxi from the airport $16 USD for 3 passengers. Greeted with nice cold water bottles, super fast check in, and luggage to our room. Rooms face two ways, pool/beach view in distance combined.. or city/village view on other side. All rooms have balconies. We had a city/village view and it was beautiful. All you see is beautiful mansions on top of hills & mountains. Went straight to the lobby bar to get a drink before it closed at midnight. Prices standard $5 beer $10-12 frozen drink $7-8 cocktail. Elevators to rooms are never an issue they have multiple elevators. Hotel has gift shop and duty free store inside. Selling sunblock, water, juices, gifts, snacks etc. All very reasonably priced. Hotel does not accept cash anywhere besides the gift shop. You can charge everything to the room or pay using credit card. Multiple restaurants on site , all wonderful. Pizza shack at the pool is AMAZING. $8-20 pizzas to share that are massive and delicious !! From hotel you can walk to many many restaurants that are 1/2 price or less than the hotel. You can also walk to Rams Grocery store which is a minute walk. Many people from the hotel would go there to buy water and snacks. The rooms have a mini fridge so you can store food and drinks. However there was no microwave! Pull up the hotel on Google Maps and you can see all the restaurants walking distance to the hotel. We went to a few and the prices were very cheap comparable to US with great food!
Finding chairs at the pool were a breeze. We would go down about 1030-11 everyday to beach and pool. You can easily find one anywhere with a great view. All the pool chairs have an umbrella shade. Every single one! The beach is filled with cabanas and chairs all complimentary for hotel guests. There is a towel bar which provides free beach towels. You can exchange them as many times for dry towels. The swim up bar has happy hour everyday from 2-6pm. $2 beers and $3.50 well cocktails. Best time is to drink is during happy hour. Otherwise the drinks at the swim up bar are an arm and a leg. During the day the entertainment staff does lots of activities at the beach and pool. Pool exercise, pottery classes, shuffleboard etc. The hotel has a tour desk inside the lobby! With a wide variety of tours. Make sure you book on the first-second day of your stay. Many of the tours were sold out because they fill up with cruise ship guests docking at port. The most popular one was the catamaran to Nevis. Sold out almost everyday.We finally got to go on our last day due to a cancellation. From the hotel we took a cab to Shipwreck one day! Highly recommend .. private beach bar with wild monkeys. Also great place to snorkel $15 for rental of gear to use unlimited amount of time. The water there is a lot more calm since it is on the Caribbean sea. Which the hotel is on the Atlantic and is a little more rough. Everyone who works at the hotel was an absolute pleasure. Our favorite part of the entire island and hotel is we felt so safe. We would walk to the main strip of bars at night which is about a mile walk. We felt so safe, the people of the island were amazing. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank PlaneFun1
SKBManager, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear PlaneFun1, thank you for such positive review and excellent rating. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a tremendous time at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort.

We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional experience from pre-arrival to post-departure, and we appreciate your kind words describing the warm welcome you received and the efficient service provided by the reception desk. I'm also pleased to hear that you found our facilities to be beautiful , with excellent views from the rooms, wonderful restaurants with great quality of food and amazing staff. Glad that you enjoyed the Pizzas served at the Pizza Shack, our guest says its the best on the Island. I must agree that we offer plenty of activities on property that our guest seems love and enjoy. It was a pleasure to learn that you had the opportunity to visit our sister Island Nevis on a Catamaran Tour which is very popular and exciting. Hope you had the chance to visit some of the local attractions while you were there.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

My family and I had a 2 bedroom timeshare. The resort was very comfortable and clean. The staff was amazing. Everyone was so kind and helpful. The beach was large with cabanas every where. They do not charge for the cabanas and the water was clean, clear and warm! The resort was conveniently located to restaurants and the airport and other adventure tours. Wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Kim L

Dear Kim L, thank you so much for your positive review. It is great that you had a wonderful vacation at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort. We are grateful for your generous comments made about our very clean property, amazing, helpful & kind staff, large beach and the resorts convenient location. We are just a 10 minute drive away from the airport as well as the town area. Hope you had the opportunity to visit some of the historical sites on the island which is truly a great experience.

Thank you for choosing the St. Kitts Marriott Resort, we look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Marriott. Two persons who are polite here at the hotel and possibly on the entire island - Chelton and Mauricia.

Trust me, after being here for only 4 days thus far, I can go on and on about all the 16 bad experiences I've had so far at my stay (including an attendant saying they don't have to serve me, all they need to do is die) but the one this morning beats all! At a world known hotel like this, I would believe they would pay attention to the safety of their guests especially since they have a legal duty to care for the safety of the guests they accommodate.

After having breakfast at the cafe calypso this morning 21 June, I proceeded to the lobby to exit the hotel and get to work (I travelled to St Kitts to provide training for a client; I'm a Microsoft consultant).
I twisted my ankle on an uneven surface in the lobby, I was sprawled on a chair in pain, no one came to my assistance. I was only provided a form to fill out a report of what happened and informed there are no medical professionals on site. I was amazed to hear of this. Imagine the hotel is sold out due to the music festival but there's no medical professional onsite. I was informed I would have to go to the public hospital to have my foot examined.
A little later Mr Dos Santos came and wrapped my ankle and provided me with a cane so I could walk.

Dissatisfied Room 336

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Gabby D
SKBManager, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Gabby D, thank you for providing feedback detailing your experience during a visit to the St. Kitts Marriott Resort. Thank you for mentioning Chelston and Mauricia two of our front desk personnel who are always very professional, I will be sure to commend them on a job well done. However, it was very disappointing to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the incidents you encountered during your stay.

As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, if possible I would like to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address mhrs.skbrb.guest.experience@marriotthotels.com so that we can continue to improve. Thanks for sharing your comments.