Etrip
Trip.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews round bed evening meal family room across the road oban ferry loch etive cooked breakfast both nights connel bridge oban area lora falls character menu bath waitress highlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

Started off ok, lovely looking hotel from the outside, nice welcome. Had a 2.5 hours drive to get there so booked a table in their restaurant for 8.30pm. Food was disappointing as were the staff. The staff constantly hovered around the table waiting for us to finish our meal, constantly coming over to see if we had finished obviously desperate to get their shift over. My husband was chewing his last mouthful when his plate was whipped away (I was still eating). We felt rushed into finishing.
The room was basic, no bedside lamps just two rather harsh down lighters in the ceiling above the bed. There was water in the kettle which was rusty at the bottom. The bathroom door had to be shoulder charged to get out of it. The carpet between the bathroom and bedroom had lifted and I actually tripped over it.
The breakfast was terrible, a cheap sausage, slice of black pudding (which seemed to have been steamed and left to go soggy), cold toast and no beans? coffee like bitter tar, when asked for a sweetener we were told the hotel doesn’t buy them in any more because people steal them?
A very different check out, moody receptionist that didn’t even ask if everything was ok with our stay.
I contacted the hotel on several occasions regarding all the issues we had, eventually the assistant manager rang me back but had an excuse for every single point I raised with him rather than expect responsibility, I cut the call short because I just couldn’t listen to his ridiculous excuses. Have since requested a call from the general manager but have yet to hear from them, very unprofessional.
Would never recommend this hotel, it was a total disappointment. Looks great from the outside but it’s all a bit smoke and mirrors.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Was very disappointed we booked from the North of Scotland though we would have a few days away since we have not been away since a long time. We paid £142 a night though we would have a nice room for that price. The room was terrible it was supposed to have a view of the sea but it was mostly trees. The quilt cover wasn't even ironed the room was tiny and the bathroom was very bad the shower head was as rusty and the bath was all marked. We had to make our own bed they never even empty our bins. I thought it would be a bit of luxury for us since we were not away for a long time. Very disappointed will not be back

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank X1540SHmargaretm
Reviewed 14 September 2021

While I was waiting to check in I was waiting for Basil Fawlty to walk out of the back office with a moose head! Walking in here is like walking back in time. The hotel is OK, nothing special. It is over priced for what it is and the photos on the booking.com website did NOT reflect the room we stayed in. The décor was totally different.

That being said, it was OK and the breakfast in the morning again was average. I probably would stay again if the price was right but there will certainly b e nicer places than this. It was also very clean so can't knock the cleanliness. Also, it's quiet and I had a good nights sleep.

The staff are very friendly and polite, HOWEVER, they don't know what they're doing. We had some drinks in the bar which was charged to the room. on check out, we were over charged by nearly £60!! So watch your bill!

Oh and a taxi into Oban will cost you at least £15.

Reviewed 11 September 2021

We spent a great week staying here in August. The hotel is in great location at the Connell Bridge with no problem parking whereas in Oban parking is a real problem. The staff are terrific helpful friendly and nothing is any problem to them. Only slight issue was the breakfast felt slightly uncomfortable about the buffet cereal juice etc there was sanitiser but never saw anyone using it and then touching the juice jugs and the spoons and tongs. Cooked breakfast was dry as if it had been cooked and left on a hot plate. Lovely outside area to sit and watch the sun set

1  Thank holidays_yippee_12
Reviewed 31 August 2021

Many people stop here before getting the Oban ferry the next day, so very much a stop off point. But we had sunshine on the terrace which affords a good view of the loch, so that was great. Food was good too.

1  Thank PeteLucy434