All reviews sugar cane amazing experience sri lanka elusive leopard camping trip two nights gourmet cuisine genuine interest money well spent great scenery national park delicious lunch special experience toilet and shower amazing shots amazing safari amazing food
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hi All,I am really interested the holiday we have spent with Master Campers staff during my vacation in last August 2017. It was one of my best tour in my whole life with my family buddies. As that add value to my life and got lot of knowledge about tradition of Sri Lanka.
From the very first day of tour Uditha supported us very nicely and politely. As well as Uditha and Roy have treated us very well and my husband and child were very appreciated about their dedication to made our tour in remarkable manner. O god, our safari was amazing becoz Roy and Uditha gave us lot of details about the elephants and birds. some of them are very beautiful and elegant. Ooops, Roy take us near to the elephants this was the unforgettable incident in my life.
I must say about the foods of Master Campers were amazing and still mouth watering. However, prices are comparably higher than others. Anyway, we realized that prices are not too expensive with the great service provided by them to us. Special thanks to Uditha, Roy and other staff they gave one of the tastiest foods during the stay at Master Campers. My husband and child really enjoyed the tour and we are waiting for next vacation to come again. I must say, Sri Lanka is one of the beautiful and hospitality country in the world. I would recommended Master Campers to our friends to go and enjoy who is love for camping.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Such a great way to feel in touch with nature! If you have ever camped before, this will set the bar high THE CAMP is located inside a sugar cane field with a great view of the lake during the day, at night when you come back from the safari, the staff put out lanterns and paraffin candles and light a bonfire as the dark nights sky turns pitch black with an amazing view of the stars and you enjoy a few alcoholic drinks from the outdoor bar!
Roy who organized our collection from the previous location in galle (he also kindly organized travel to our next hotel which saved us so much hassel) Roy and the staff are so kind warming and helpful, catering to all our needs! THE FOOD is absolutely Amazing, you get a type of buffet for lunch so you can try a bit of everything! be hungry as all the food is in big portions but all tastes amazing and it's easy to grab another platefull ! Breakfast and dinner is in 3/4 courses again absolutely amazing tastes..
I would advise to stay for 2 nights as Roy who leads the safari will take you out 3 times to get the best coverage of the national park.. THE SAFARI.. well... we loved every minute of it! Got to see so many more animals than we could imagine, from hundreds of elephants, crocodiles, Mongoose, loads of birds and so many eagles! And a chance to see the leopard ! Even just the landscape it's self is beautiful! Roy was amazing he really has a genuine passion for the wildlife with his knowledge of all the different species giving info and spotting things that we would have never seen! He really makes the safari exiting and Taylor's it you your expectations for animals, I loved the crocodiles so he took us to the north were there was a river full of them
We absolutely loved this place.
I would recommend anyone who loves camping in a couple or in groups and loves wildlife, a chance to escape for a few days,
To come stay here and enjoy 5 star service

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed at master campers for one night. Roy and Uditha were amazing and it was a very special, unique atmosphere. Dinner under the stars was magical. They made such an effort with everything that we felt thoroughly spoilt.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2017

if you have been to an uber swish safari camp in South Africa, then this may disappoint you - but we loved it. The staff are exceedingly friendly, food is really very good (some of the best we have had in our year in Sri Lanka), the tents are a bit tired but ok, and the location ace. It's also kid friendly, with a nice fire light at night and the kids given marshmallows to roast.
The park itself is not massive, so one or two nights here is adequate. They also went out of there way to try and keep us away from the most touristic parts of the park..The team are very good at spotting obscure birds and game. All in all - good but not cheap!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank paul5
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Master Campers is great camping experience with safari at Uda Walawe park, they are a small outfit which strives to be helpful and welcoming, and the staff's enthusiasm, expertly led by Isuru, is probably some of the best we have ever experienced. Food is outstanding with copious amounts offered. Tents are fine with electricity available during the night for charging phones and cameras, and a much needed fan. Ensuite bathroom a little basic (though not enough to put us off) & a small cosmetic improvement in that area would make Master Campers absolutely tip top. Our Safari guide Prasad was again enthusiastic and outstanding at finding us copious amounts of animals and was such a fountain of knowledge, especially about elephants, his other day job being at the Born Free orphaned elephants foundation. Altogether a thoroughly enjoyable experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple