“Wonderful Oasis of Calm”

Le Relais de Saint Preuil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint-Preuil
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Love this place ! Been twice so far and hope to go back again. Christine is the perfect host and prepares wonderful home produced food. Her Breakfasts are excellent with home made Croissants and Jams. If you can, Please try this wonderful place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels

Reviewed 20 September 2016

A wonderful stay in a breathtaking location, excellent food and the facilities available to guests can't be faulted. Christine, the owner speaks excellent English, she went out of her way to include us and translate when talking to a wider group. The grounds and views are breathtaking and the facilities for guests are very good. There is a lounge/kitchen where guests can cook, make drinks, watch TV, read, there is also use of a computer if needed. Christine does all the cooking and makes all her own produce from local sources where possible, freshly baked bread and croissants at breakfast with home made jams and yoghurts which sat alongside, ham, eggs cereals and toasts. A 3 course dinner in the evening was a truly French affair and didn't dissapoint. A bit of a gem really.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We stayed here for two nights whilst house hunting in the area.
It is beautifully quiet and peaceful most of the time. The first day there was a lot of barking from the local hunting dogs. Beautiful buildings and lovely pool.Not enough sunbeds and no covers on the ones that were there. Normally I wouldn't comment on this but this is meant to be luxurious.
As it is a drive to a restaurant we chose to eat in both nights.We were the only people eating in. The meals were good home cooking but again on the touch too expensive side. Madame Montembault was very knowledgeable and interesting. She was the only member of staff we saw the whole time. She cooked, served food and drinks and was on reception.
The room we stayed in was clean but a little dated. The bed linen was the best, crisp and white and the bed was really comfortable.
There was no shower in the bathroom, just a hand held shower over the bath.
The view from the bedroom was just beautiful.
Breakfast was really good - all home made bread, muffins, jams etc. BUT I think when you are paying 190 euros for the room breakfast should be included
So, lovely place but we felt they were charging too much.

Stayed: July 2016
Relais-St-Preuil, Propriétaire at Le Relais de Saint Preuil, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for your comments which are for me a source of motivation and invaluable help.

To reserve your room, you used the services of an Online Travel Agency (OTA) as Booking [dot] com. For this service, all OTA charge of 15 to 25% commission and do show only the highest possible rate per night.
By booking directly on the website of my mansion, travelers can choose between several tariffs (at night, for three nights, early bird ...) and these rates do not include commission. Based on length of stay, the price at the night goes from 128 € to 160 €.
In addition, by booking direct my guests enjoy a free loyalty card used in almost 600 establishments in France.

As you point out, I make it a point to take care myself of my guests and myself to cook dinners made of products from selected local producers, appetizer and drinks included.

Also, thank you for rating a highlight of my home, the comfort of the bedding and the general calm, the guarantee of quality sleep that most travelers seek.

As for dogs, they are for me a precious weather indicator : their kennel is more than 1 Km from the house. Hearing them at the time of their two meal shows a slight north-west wind, a sign of good weather.

If I may, I encourage you, before concluding any further booking on the site of an OTA, to go on the website of the accommodation to see if a better rate or a rate with no commission is available.

Cordialement,
Christine

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Great location, nice rooms, very friendly, excellent breakfast.

Bad internet. My son insisted I say that but it did not worry me.

Well located in cognac area.

A bit tricky to find but well worth the effort.

Enjoy the great food and wine.

About an hour from Bordeaux. Longer if you take the scenic back roads.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Relais-St-Preuil, Propriétaire at Le Relais de Saint Preuil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Your support is invaluable for me to maintain a high quality service to my guests.

During an update of the Internet connection control system required by the French authorities, some speed and volume parameters were re-initialized to their minimum values.
After changing these values, we all benefit again of a fluid connection of several Mbps

Thank you to your son and yourself for having alerted me and having helped to provide a fast connection to all my guests, while enjoying the quiet of the mansion and the vineyard that surrounds it.

See you again.

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here twice, with my wife,and we had a great time on both occasions.
The food, service, and stories are out of this world.
It's very quiet and relaxing.
Great place to unplug from the world.
You will need a car, but there is plenty to do and see close by.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Preuil
13.8 km away
8.8 km away
Le Logis du Paradis
Le Logis du Paradis
#1 of 1 in Criteuil-la-Magdeleine

Been to Le Relais de Saint Preuil? Share your experiences!