“Bliss!”
Review of Le Gavrinis

Le Gavrinis
Reserve with
Le Gavrinis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Baden
Price range: US$33 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We rang up on the off chance of a table for Sunday lunch, and thankfully we were accommodated. It is just a couple of miles away from where we are staying, but I was slightly concerned because there were no recent reviews......
Well, we have eaten out every day for the last week, and I can honestly say that was the most wonderful and memorable meal of them all. In fact, I will remember every single dish, from the broccoli amuse bouche , quail starter, skate main, chocolate souffle dessert, and petit fours, for a very long time.
Service was impeccable - unobtrusive, helpful, no sign of pretentiousness.. Lovely decor.
We are leaving in 2 days time and are already planning to delay our departure to enable us to dine there when they are next open!

logisBaden, Propriétaire at Le Gavrinis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I thank you very much to come in the restaurant.
Our best work is selecting best food from local producers for Christopher to cook and serve them according is feeling of the moment. I am very fond of organic wine to associate with your meal.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

A return visit to the Gavrinis confirmed that it remains as good as it has always been. The dining room is one of my favourite anywhere in France: the interior decoration is relaxing, calm, and uncluttered. The menu doesn't change significantly, apart from the daily specials, but the quality of the cooking is consistently high; the langoustines en croustillant are delightful (as near to miniature fish fingers for adults as I can imagine); the slow cooked lamb (presented artistically in twin towers) is rich and full of flavour, the poitrine of pork brings out the best in that cut of meat. A chocolate soufflé was light but again burst with flavour. The excellent wine list produced another gem in a white Beaujolais. Everything was value; the whole bill for two of us cost less than £100 (not least because of the clever and thoughtful way the proprietor juggles dishes so you can get the menu price, regardless of who has eaten what) and we left very satisfied, very relaxed, and very happy.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We had dinner in Le Gavrinis whilst staying nearby in Arradon. It's a little bit off the beaten track but a lovely little hotel that I think we may like to try for accommodation sometime. Service was excellent, as was the menu. Our 13 year old son chose the lobster, which was first brought to him alive and kicking! He was slightly taken aback with that, but nevertheless he ate every bit with relish.

All in all a lovely meal, and very attentive, professional staff. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My wife and I had a very good meal at Le Gavrinis and would like to recommend it to others to try. The restaurant is located within a hotel, there is a nice ambience with the external entrance being very green (creating a nice atmosphere). The bar looked very nice and the dinning room was nicely laid out with plenty of space between tables.

We booked via email and received a response within an hour, very impressed.

The restaurant does not have a michelin star but I believe a fellow dinner mentioned they were in the Bib Gourmand, in short excellent food at a very reasonable price. I would not argue as my wife and we ate very well indeed and did not have bill shock. Aside from À la carte options there were three set menus offering good value, I recall one being low 30s euros, 42 euro (we had this one) and 49 euro.

Service was excellent and I believe the chef/owner greeted us, took our order and generally looked after us.

The menu was short but excellent, a crab Mille-feuille foie gras, local lamb, creme brûlée were some of the items we tried and all were excellent. The cheese board was excellent, lots of choice and some specialities from Brittany.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

We have staying at this little hotel for many years now and have always had a good experience.
In a quiet corner of Brittany and slightly out of town this is a an ideal spot to relax and unwind.
Clean and comfortable bedrooms and with a dining area and bar/lounge decorated in a faintly japanese style the food is really good with many local families using it for special occasions.
There is always a warm welcome from Monsieur and his wife and we always look forward to our visits there.

logisBaden, Propriétaire at Le Gavrinis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

I thank you very much for your message.
I will transfert your informations to all our staff that are doing the best to help us daily at the Gavrinis. We will be glad to welcome you next time