“Great Dive shop with crazy good customer service!”
Review of Rocket Frog Divers

Rocket Frog Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Dive With The Best In Costa Rica!!! Rocket Frog Divers utilizes 3 purpose built dive boats. The Pacific Express is unlike any other in the area. It features two 250HP V6 Yamaha 4 Stroke engines that allow us to visit our dive sites in a fraction of the time that it takes other dive companies. This proves especially worthwhile when you consider that some of the more popular dive sites in the region, the Bat Islands (Isle Murcileago) and the Catalinas Islands are several hour trips with other operators. The Pacific Express can make the voyage to the Catalinas in less than half an hour. The “Tiburon” or the shark is another purpose built dive shop build for small groups. This dive vessel is perfect for exploring local dive sites in the Gulf de Papagayo with a very small group. The Devil Ray is a catamaran style dive vessel which we acquired in 2015. It is a catamaran style vessel which offers a lot of room and comfort for our divers and also offers an upper level sun deck for surface intervals and for the voyage to and from the dive sites. Another point that separates us from most dive shops in Costa Rica is that you will have a member of our senior staff diving on the boat with you every day. This ensures that you are getting the best possible service possible. Our owners care about the experience their customers have and will work their hardest to ensure you have the best possible service on your dive trip.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I've gone diving with a few shops in the area and Rocket Frog is fantastic! I loved the attentive customer service before diving as well as follow up after dives. They really want to make sure you are happy with their service. They have a great set of boats, I prefer the Devil Ray, to meet all diving needs. The dive staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I rented gear and it was all in good shape. They even loaned me a dive computer, no charge! Would dive with them again no problem!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"first class"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 6 November 2017

What can I say? They picked us up at our hotel. Every staff member helped whenever, whoever, with whatever was needed. They were all very knowledgeable of the dive sites. Very relaxed but also very safety conscious. Consistently said "Hey, remember you are on vacation. Let me do that for you." Even the boat driver was willing to help. By far the best shop we have ever worked with.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I wish to thank all the staff at Rocket Frog Divers for an outstanding experience in every way for a week long dive trip.

My son, Christian, who turned 10 years old on October 26th, began with Open Water Certification Course with this company on his Birthday. They were 100% ready for him when he arrived. Paper work, instruction videos, Equipment (including a dive computer) in his size and all other things were a go. Because Christians instructor who's name is Libby and her assistant August, did such a great job with him that the the entire course was completed in 3 days with time to spare. A special thanks to Libby for her excellent and thorough instruction delivered in such a kind and patient manner.

Besides the lessons for Christian, My wife and I did some dives. The Dive Masters on board where the very best one can find. They took all the gear, assembled it, check it and when something was found to not be working correctly (such as my second stage) they had extra gear on board to replace it with. Not only that, they repaired the gear at no extra charge!

I personally wanted to do the famous Bull Shark Dive at Bat Island. This requires a 45 to 60 minute cruise from the dive shop and even if there is no diving the ride out is incredibly beautiful and we saw turtles, dolphins and even a Humpback while on the way to Bat Island and back. I did this dive a second time because the first time, I did not get to see any Bull Sharks - but the trip was still worth it. The second time being led by the extremely competent Dive Master Jason, I saw at least 5 Bull Sharks and close up to be able to see the TEETH - they looked very healthy!

We did 2 more dives this day and saw pretty much everything one would hope for such as White Tip Reef Sharks (about 5 feet away), turtles, Devil Rays and many other rays, eels, HUGE puffer fish and massive amounts of other colorful and exotic species of fish. Again, being led by Jason and Ellie.

Micheal, the owner, is a very kind and organized individual who works hard to make sure everyone has a safe and best time possible being assisted by his special staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I spent 4 days diving with this shop. The guides were young but knowledgeable about the area promoted safe diving. We had all our gear already set up for us even before we got on the dive boat. Our gear was rinsed every day and dried for us so we did not have to lug our stuff back and forth. The crew was a lot of fun and were a pleasure to dive with. Even the dive shop dog enjoyed our company.