“Fantastic Abaco Vacation”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed 29 September 2017

First off, you cannot compare this island to an all-inclusive Sandals style resort. Expect a clean, comfortable, accommodation with excellent staff and an extraordinary location, and breathtaking beach/water.

My husband and I chose Treasure Cay for our honeymoon because we wanted a non-Sandals resort style trip (we could meet and greet with folks if we wanted to, but weren't piled up with hundreds of people), but wanted somewhere safe and not too far from the US. THIS. IS. IT. My husband is a pilot and has traveled all over, and this is his favorite spot. Period. If you're looking for a low-key, ultra relaxed vacation, look no further.

We flew into Marsh Harbour and set up a taxi before we arrived. They took us to the resort. Ms. Avis was wonderful, and we were upgraded to a condo-style marina front room. It was perfection! We had a king bed upstairs with a bathroom, and a living room and full kitchen and bath downstairs. Our favorite part was the balcony. We spent mornings and evenings outside watching the boats and just enjoying the weather and scenery.

The beach is breathtaking. I had seen hundreds of pictures of the beach, and it still took my breath away each time we walked out. It was nice because they have umbrellas and chairs that are free for people staying at the resort. They also have beach towels for free that you can use each day. Just go to the front desk and ask.

Be prepared to spend a lot on food and drinks. A box of cheez-its in the grocery store is $6. A case of bottled water is $10 or $12. A beer or glass of wine at the bar is about $8-$10. You have to check out the different restaurants and definitely go to pizza night!

We rented a boat for 3 days from the marina, and it was phenomenal. The workers helped us navigate where to go. The seas are generally calm, and you can see straight to the bottom in most parts. We loved island-hopping and checking out the different places.

Overall, it was an unforgettable experience. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We were able to kick back and relax, and truly take a breath and slow down to enjoy ourselves. We're already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: Book a marina view room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank annaesmith
StephenKappelerGM, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thankyou Annaesmith,
for your excellent review and for taking time to share with future potential visitors your experiences here at Treasure Cay. Avis our Resort Manager is mentioned more than any other Abaco Hospitality professional for her tireless effort to ensure 100% satisfaction. We are a family owned, family friendly resort with a service motto "Yes I can-Whatever it takes". Our greatest compliment is that of your referral of friends and family and for sharing.
Your out island friend,
Stephen

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Please don't come to the Abacos and expect Hyatt / Hilton type hotels and facilities. Expect older, graceful properties with amazing staff and some dirt in the corners.

I've traveled the world and have never been so relaxed as I am at the Treasure Cay hotel.

The hotel is pretty much the center of "town", if you want to call it that. TC is a housing division on Abaco with one of the prettiest, most beautiful beaches in the Northern Hemisphere. The property is actually condo-esque type rooms facing the marina, which seems to be able to handle yachts of all shapes & sizes. The rooms seem to be recently renovated, as I've looked at pictures I took nearly 10 years ago and appreciate the effort put in by the management team here to make this old but good hotel a nice one.

The beds & linens were all in good shape, had plenty of pillows and blankets. There was a ceiling fan if you didn't want to run the air conditioner, and you could also open the windows/patio doors for fresh air. I was in a standard room, a far cry from my 2 story 'apartment' from a previous stay, but it worked. It was nice being able to walk out to the nearby pool / bar and was still close to the beach across the street.

Back to the room - they all seem to come with a fridge & microwave, which is handy for this part of the Bahamas. Large flat screen tv with plenty of channels (why are you in Treasure and watching tv, though?). Bathroom was in good shape with standard ammenities. Also had hot water without having to wait a long time.

Food at the restaurants was quite good, and we spent a lot of time at the beach bar.

I really enjoy visiting Abaco - its a great place to turn everything off and enjoy God's gift to us, its too bad many tourists don't put their phones down! The people in Abaco are amazing, the food is affordable and pleasing to the palate. Alcohol is free flowing here, but bring your credit card! And of course, gotta hop over to Green Turtle, Nunjack, and No name if you wanna see the piggies (please bring over FEED, NOT food - stop in Marsh Harbour & pick it up). I can't wait for my next trip to Abaco.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade, its worth the money for the extra space and full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
StephenKappelerGM, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you diverdown79 as a qualified world traveler for your excellent resort review and commentary on our family island friendly associates, that are truly amazing. We are now completing a renovation of 50% of all our accommodations as the top rated Abaco family owned resort. We are fortunate we have had zero damage from any storms.

We are so pleased with your satisfaction and level of relaxation! Looking forward to making your next visit even more special,
Best, Stephen, GM

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Ok, obviously it's gorgeous there. Gorgeous. It looks like they built the place to be amazing. Is it being kept up to those standards? Not quite. The bathrooms for the marina guests were sub par for sure. I could not find a shower that worked. At one point I went to grab the handle to turn the water temperature and pull it out toward you to turn the shower on, and the whole thing came off the wall and I actually almost landed on my butt on the not so well cleaned floors. Lovely. We also stayed in Marsh Harbour Marina, it was so nicely kept. The bathrooms were always clean, but not here. The pool was nice, the staff seemed to always want to be doing something other than having to talk to you. They almost seemed kind of ticked. My sons and I actually counted the boards on the marina because a few of them were about to pop up and break at any second, I'm sure of it. They were sagging and creaking, and had large electrical boxes at the end of them. I'm sure Treasure Cay might be nice if you are staying in the rooms there, but as a marina guest I was disappointed. Beautiful area though.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank Clueless-n-Denver
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The suite I stayed in was great. I was clean and the front service was equally great. I ate at Coco's Beach restaurant and Tipsy and the service and food awesome. I will be definitely returning to Abaco and I will be staying again at the Treasure Cay Resort. I will inform all of my friend to stay when in Abaco

Room Tip: The view was awesome and the suites are large and clean
2  Thank Obie R
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I spent 3 nights at the Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Gold Resort. This was not my first time in Abaco, but it was my first time at this resort. My accommodations were amazing - the newly renovated suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable.
Cocos and Tipsys were both awesome spots to grab some grub. I highly recommend the Mahi Mahi burger from Cocos - it was delicious! Both restaurants also carry Bahamas' first and only craft beer!
The staff were always super friendly! Everyone walked around wearing a smile, and this made everyone feel welcome.

I'll definitely be back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Cay
0.7 km away
Bahama Beach Club
Bahama Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Treasure Cay
12.8 km away
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
27.3 km away
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!