New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
maidstone, uk
“Fantastic find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Booked this Saturday morning for the same night, we just fancied a treat and quick break away for one night. All the staff here were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant manager delivered a service that is not often found anywhere.

The room was great, shower and bathroom lovely and the gym and spa facilities top notch.

We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and enjoyed everything and we will definitely return. Thank you for a great night away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunandstuff
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Sunandstuff

Thank you posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

I'm delighted to read that enjoyed your quick break away here at the Best Western Forest Hills.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team and especially the Restaurant Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kieran McCabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I would like to start by saying I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, usually attending a function, and had a lovely stay, unfortunately this time it was beyond awful! I did express my dissatisfaction with reception, at the function, on the guest questionnaire and I left my mobile number for the General Manager to phone me, I'm still waiting!!
We checked in at reception with a frosty greeting, they're usually so friendly but not a smile to be had.
Next we had lunch in the bar, my friend had a baked potato which was cold, this was sent back, it had the tuna scraped off and put in the microwave for a warm up and the tuna put back on, not a great start but not too serious.
Next we were off to the pool, the changing room was grubby, dirty underwear dotted about and just generally needed a mop. The Jacuzzi was out of order which was disappointing but likely not the fault of the hotel, back to the changing room - still grubby and the same mislaid underwear present.
The rooms were nice but no tea bags or milk in mine, reception gave us some more so that was sorted, my friends room 217 had a nasty crack in the sink, otherwise clean and pleasant though.
Next off to the function which was Chinese New Year. The food was the worst I have ever tasted, we literally couldn't eat it, it was horrible. We told the waitress and did get a free round of drinks but we were starving. No matter how hungry you were though you really couldn't have eaten this, it really was awful. Disco was good and we had a good bop but what a disappointment.
Breakfast next morning, nice food this time but had to wait nearly 10 minutes for the eggs to come out, one of the staff went in the kitchen in the end and brought a few out on a plate for the people who were queuing.
The manager was unavailable when we left so I left my guest questionnaire, wrote my number on the back and asked the receptionist (a different one who was very pleasant) to get him to ring me, I'm still waiting.
I'm hoping this was a blip for the hotel, not sure what went wrong but as the manager hasn't bothered to contact me I can only give a poor review. I did email the hotel last week for an explanation of what went wrong so I could give some kind of reason in the review but still no word. I'm sad really as we have had some good times at the hotel but I don't know if this was just a bad weekend for them or the start of a slide in service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Coathanger81
Dear Coathanger81

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor concering your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that we have been able to have a chat over the telephone concerning your issues and that we have been able to rectify your concerns and disappointment.
Without guest feed back it would be impossible to improve our facilities and service which we are striving to do.

Thank you again for your feed back and time in allowing me to deal with your concerns.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a girly day away stayed over and had our dinner in the restaurant, the following day we had spa treatments and full use of the leisure facilities.

It was fab,the staff where very helpful, and the creme brulee was to die for

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dawnie2502
Dear Dawnie2502

Thankyou your posting your recent comments on Trip advisor.
I'm delighted to read that your girly day and night away was fab and you enjoyed all the facilities the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel has to offer. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future for another peaceful break.

lisaleeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

My family stayed at this hotel in December for a mid week break and I thought it was excellent. The staff are very friendly and make you feel so welcome, the hotel is immaculate, the facilities are ideal if you are looking for a break during winter as they have a sauna, steam room, gym, pool, jacuzzi and spa facilities.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent as was the breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank lisaleeds85
Dear lisaleeds85

Many thanks for posting your recent review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your mid week break with us here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.
I will take pleasure in passing on your kind comments to all the team here and look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

stayed for New Years Eve, the hotel and surroundings were lovely.

You could not fault the room and the staff, nothing was too much trouble. It was so nice to be served by staff who were friendly and efficient, the bar staff and waiting staff in the restaurant in particular.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maria c
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Maria c
Many thanks for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the New Year Festivities here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.
If you would like to attend any of our up and coming events or dinner dances dont hesitate to contact the young ladies in our conference office and they will be more than happy to put your details on our mailing list.
I will take great pleasure in passing your kind comments onto the team here
Kieran McCabe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
1.0 km away
#1 of 3 in Stretton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,290 reviews
11.3 km away
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!