I travelled around Thailand with a group, we were what they call flashpackers I suppose. We decided to stay in Jungle Club our last night in Koh Samui, having done the whole beach scene for a number of nights previous. We stayed in the huts.
Firstly the positives, of which there are so many, the pool and the surroundings and the view: oh my, we spent the entire day outside in the pool, taking endless pictures of that amazing view. The food was great, and reasonably priced. It would be so easy for them to charge higher prices than down on the beach but they don't! The Stawberry shakes were yummy and the staff had no issue with bringing them down to the pool to you. The staff as I mentioned are obliging and helpful! They made us feel really at home and we were only there for one night, we stayed up later than the staff watching one of the DVD's from their expansive DVD collection and we were told where the light switch was to just switch off the lights when we were done! Overall Jungle Club had so many positives, the one downside, and really it's not even a downside, we stayed in the huts and for a number of us, it just meant we were too close to nature! One of my friends had a resident frog in their safe, we all had huge iguana's in the bathrooms(which are effectively outdoors) and in the eves of the hut, watching as we slept! Now, we were in a jungle, what did we expect I suppose, but coming from Ireland where the most annoying thing nature wise is probably a blue bottle or the odd moth, it was an adjustment. There is no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom either, just a curtain of sorts, we had the mosquito nets tucked in tightly around us, not to keep Mosquitos out, more so the iguana's and frogs, not that they came anywhere near the bed!
I would go back again, but maybe not to stay in the huts, I would love to stay in one of the actual buildings there, in the hope that they keep the residents outside!?!
This place is an absolute GEM, and somewhere u can fill your camera with pictures to make all your friends extremely jealous, but just be prepared, especially if in a hut, it won't be just you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Jungle Club - Chaweng Noi - Samui Island. Upon arrival at the Jungle Club, you will be welcomed by a kind French-Thai family who decided to follow their heart and settled in a coconut plantation overhanging the bay of Chaweng. A breathtaking panoramic view over the Gulf of Siam. We offer comfortable accommodations built using natural and traditional materials. Ideal to take a relaxing and rejuvenating break; nature, space, calm, freshness and privacy are all around the place. Discover our “chill out” restaurant and bar where traditional Thai and French Cuisine is served, or relax in the shade of a candlelight atmosphere while listening to cool international and local music selected by experts. The Jungle Club is often described as one of Samui’s best-kept secret. An experience not to be missed! Looking forward to welcome you as our privileged guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jungle Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Club Hotel Chaweng
- Jungle Hotel Chaweng
- Jungle Club Ko Samui/Chaweng