Having read the other reviews again after coming here I would have to agree with most of them in that this is a truly amazing location but hair raising indeed it get too!
As a solo traveller I would also suggest two days here is enough. I had booked for longer but after two days was ready to go back to beach and see more of island. The club offer you free transport down at 10.30 which is great and also at 6pm but for three days running they didn't come til 6.30pm which is a little annoying if you have rushed to get there. Or just come for a day and have food /enjoy the view.
The jungle house is lovely accommodation too and infinity pool is perfect. Beware of the insects though from 4pm onwards be sure to have protection on or you will get bitten!!
Some staff also do struggle with English which can make them come across as a little off at times. Also you pay 200bht for wifi here and it goes off a lot!!
One other small thing is i was told on arrival I would need to change rooms twice despite booking few weeks prior. On the morning I was due to move after packing up I was then told I could stay where I was (which was great) but then I unpacked and then next day was asked to move again as a family where coming bad and wanted two houses next to each other. I wouldn't have minded moving if had been told in advance of arriving
Also be good to have instructions for safe in room. I had problems with mine and asked for two days for help and waited but noone came. It was sorted eventually but only as I was moving rooms.
All in all jungle club is definitely worth a visit. But I think for longer stays more suited to couples or families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Jungle Club - Chaweng Noi - Samui Island. Upon arrival at the Jungle Club, you will be welcomed by a kind French-Thai family who decided to follow their heart and settled in a coconut plantation overhanging the bay of Chaweng. A breathtaking panoramic view over the Gulf of Siam. We offer comfortable accommodations built using natural and traditional materials. Ideal to take a relaxing and rejuvenating break; nature, space, calm, freshness and privacy are all around the place. Discover our “chill out” restaurant and bar where traditional Thai and French Cuisine is served, or relax in the shade of a candlelight atmosphere while listening to cool international and local music selected by experts. The Jungle Club is often described as one of Samui’s best-kept secret. An experience not to be missed! Looking forward to welcome you as our privileged guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jungle Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Club Hotel Chaweng
- Jungle Hotel Chaweng
- Jungle Club Ko Samui/Chaweng