The Malibu resort is well kept and most of the staff very gentle.Rooms are nice and very spacy. They always tidy and the daily cleaning works perfectly fine. The pool is perfect although the pool area is a little bit narrow. Overall the whole place and the service offered is really very good. It is a resort I definitely can recommend!
However, there are some flaws. We met all through a very strange behaviour by the staff - and they of course followed detailed instructions by the management. At arrival, we were showed to the room, the girl was very keen to tell us what everything was costing (if disapperaring or damaged = nicked by us of course), she even presented a price list for all items in the room. I have been travelling a lot in my life but really never met a hotel that put a price on the safe....Who would bring that home? When asking to borrow wine glasses in the restaurant, we of course got them directly, but was informed that they cost 250 THB a piece if broken.
You can see the price list that was presented to us in the photo file.
My wife, who is Asian, was every time she came back to the hotel met by the same rude question; "Do you live here?" She is used to that kind of treatment when travelling in Thailand, but it got rather tiresome when the same guard asks the same rude question every time she's passing him, could be 3-4 times the same day. But I guess he just followed instructions as all the other.
Furthermore and definitely worse is that the nabour hotel is letting out their drainage just at the beach. The seawater below the hotel is of such a bad quality that it is easy to chose the pool instead. Unfortunately this is not a unusual phenomenon on Chaweng beach, several of the hotels has the same habit. How shortsighted can one be? It will destroy the water quality and the tourists will easily chose a cleaner beach somewhere else!
Nevertheless, our marks for Malibu is high - They do their best to deliver good service and (most often) offering the fantastic Thail courtesy to their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Malibu Beach Resort is an intimate beachfront property offering a total of 32 accommodations, a full service restaurant and beach bar, swimming pool, and ideal central location in the heart of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. The property is nestled amongst lush natural foliage and provides a rich environment for those seeking to escape hectic city life. The resort's decor is based on rich woods and natural tones, incorporating Thai and Balinese accents throughout the property. Malibu Beach is perfect for those looking to explore Samui's attractions and activities, or just lay out in the sun and take in the beauty of the Gulf of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malibu Koh Samui Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Ban Chalok Lam
- Malibu Koh Samui Resort & Beach Club Ko Samui/Chaweng