Dara Samui Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Panya Resort(Choeng Mon)
View Hotel
All reviewssuperior roombuilding sitepool barvery nice hotelnight lifeour honeymoonbeautiful poolhappy hourwelcome drinkthe main streetrestaurants and barsark barbeachthailandkohsinkssunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were booked to stay here for 12 nights but only stayed 2 nights because we really did not want to stay a day longer. The hotel is sandwiched between two building sites and also we really didn't like Chaweng. The facilities were generally pretty poor - ok for breakfast, small swimming pool, and tiny bar ! One saving grace was that the staff were courteous

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony W
GMDaraSamui, General Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Tony W

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Noted that you made a genuine mistake to stay on Chaweng which is not what you really like.

Nevertheless, thank you for staying with us for the 2 nights. Thank you for your compliments regarding our team.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff is very polite and great

The most important thing about the hotel is the staff will always help you ms ailin staff manager are wonderful person she has great for the hotel staff and she will always make your holiday great

The room hotel are nicer and the clean
not very good you should check everything before you check in ‼️‼️and when you get out to the bench or to the polls you need asked for the cleaning twer several times

The breakfast o.k

The pool staff are not very nice and not always polite

The hotel beach are very good and you can make all ‍♀️

So have a good and great holiday

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank peretzlynly70

Dear peretzlynly70

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dara Samui Beach Resort.

We agree with your comment that the staff plays a very important role in a beach resort as guests spend a considerable amount of their vacation time in the resort. I am very grateful to you for mentioning our Front Office member, Ms Elaine for her professionalism and for succeeding to make your stay a happy one.

I support your comment to take the time to check the amenities provided in the guestroom to avoid any misunderstanding upon check-out. It is always our policy to make sure that all amenities promised are provided in the guestroom and this is checked (like all hotels and resorts) on a daily basis.

I have noted your feedback about our pool team members. I apologise if you found them to be "not very nice and not always polite". I did investigate the incidents and while they were carrying out their duties on certain safety regulations for all our esteemed guests, I have reminded them to be polite always and every time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback which I appreciate very much.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Our stay at the Dara Samui was booked very last minute after we ran into two days of torrential rain in Phuket. But it proved to be the best thing that could have happened as we much preferred Koh Samui to Phuket and the Dara Samui was an excellent choice. The service was friendly and attentive from the moment we arrived. Every staff member we encountered from the front desk to the restaurant to the bar were lovely. I was very pleased with the room. It was spacious and clean. I found the bed and linens comfy, and I liked the bathroom set up with both a shower and large bathtub. Air conditioning was excellent. As a travel agent I have toured a lot of hotels; what impressed me here were the little touches like the citronella warmer to ward off mosquitos and the wooden foot massager.

The hotel is a great location right on the main street, with tons of shopping, restaurants and bars only a few steps away. But noise was never a problem for us. The beach is stunning. Powder white sand, crystal clear water, shallow but also very calm. Chairs were always available, bar service was good, and although there are vendors around they are not aggressive at all.

Breakfast buffet wasn't huge but there was plenty of selection including a made to order egg station. Some reviews mention construction. Our balcony did face construction. It doesn't make for a pretty view, but we did not find it noisy either.

I agree the beach towels are older and I found the room wifi a little spotty. But overall I would definitely stay here again and would recommend. I like the intimate feel of the property, the beautiful beach, the convenient location, and the room decor and amenities. I think it is a terrific value for a boutique style hotel in Samui.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newfietraveldiva

Dear newfietraveldiva

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dara Samui Beach Resort.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your detailed explanation which we sincerely appreciate.

We have noted your feedback about the beach towels and the wifi in the room. We have already started to replace our beach towels and should have all new ones within two months. As for the "little spotty" wifi, we do encounter this problem at times but luckily not very often.

Thank you as well for promoting our resort to your esteemed guests in your travel agency.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests at Dara Samui.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Nice looking room, looking exactly as the published pictures. Bathroom wasn't very clean, towels are over used. Mattress is hard and pillows hard and old (we asked to replace it and got reasonable ones).
Good breakfast, great service and wonderful beach (and yummy cocktails).
Be carful - all rooms face construction which start at 8/9 pm, those who are sensitive to noise, avoid this hotel in the next year or so...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GMDaraSamui, General Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear 63mayag

Thank you for staying with us at Dara Samui Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn you liked our room, our breakfast quality, service levels, poolbar and location. Similarly, I would like to apologise for the mattress, pillows and the towels and the cleanliness of the bathroom. We have taken the necessary actions to improve on the cleanliness as well as the towels, pillows and mattress.

The construction you are referring to is not part of our resort. On the working hours, it starts after 8.00am and completes between 5.00pm and 6.00pm.

I look forward to welcoming you at Dara Samui Beach Resort in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stayed here for 9 nights, had read previous reviews so asked for a room closer to the beach rather than street end as didn't want too long a walk to breakfast in the morning, they obliged and also got a 2nd floor room which in my opinion was better than ground floor as in a superior room you have a balcony and you get less mosquitoes higher up. There's no lifts so 3rd floor might have been a bit much. Was concerned about the building site next door but needant have been. Yes they were working mon to sat 8-5 but we didn't really notice that and because it's all open at the moment we could actually see the sea from our balcony (room 221). All the staff were lovely and couldn't fault the housekeeping and general cleanliness of our room and the pool etc. Loved the location, the street end is directly on the famous Chaweng beach road so we could just walk out and find restaurants, 7/11's, bars and cash points etc. We did a lot of partying and a lot of the big lively bars like Ark bar are within a 5 min walk but the beach area for Dara Samui is nice and quiet with the water literally 10feet away from the hotel steps and sun beds. I believe the name of the front desk lady that sorted our room was Elaine so just wanted to say thankyou to her for being so helpful :-) Would definitely stay here again and really glad we chose to stay here.

Room Tip: 2nd floor less mosquitos, ask to be either near beach end or street end depending on which area you think you'll visit most
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahw20000

Dear Sarahw20000

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dara Samui Beach Resort. We sincerely appreciate receiving your feedback and sharing with all TripAdvisor readers.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind compliments towards our team and for your detailed review during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you at Dara Samui Beach Resort soon.