“Excellent and Interesting Food”
Review of Sisi

Sisi
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small independently owned business, driven by a passion for, and dedication to our craft. Our food starts with fresh, high-quality and local ingredients prepared and served with passion, in an energetic dining room where you can truly indulge in the art of sharing. Situated on the main street in Thornbury, Sisi utilizes the best of local products and seasonal ingredients to create a culinary story. Chef Jeremy Austin brings his training in Michelin Star restaurants from around the world to bring you a truly unique and cultural dining experience. The beautiful patio is the perfect place to gather with friends to dine, and sip on our collection of wine and gin.
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Recently I dined at this restaurant while attending a Conference at Blue Mountain. A large group of us decided to go to SiSi's for Dinner. The atmosphere is fun with an organic feel. The decor is similar with some gorgeous harvest tables. We all throughly enjoyed our meals. We shared some appetizerswhich were great but we all thought the Almost Caesar Salad was to die for and want the recipe. For my Main course I shared half of the Beef and Brocolli and half the salmon. My only disappointment was that they ran out of the Black Cod which those that had it said was really tasty. The other bonus is a low corkage fee so we brought our own wine . Their wine list though is very good if you want to buy theirs. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We shared 4 plates. Caesar salad is creative with Brussel sprouts, it is rich so suggest splitting it with the cucumber salad that is light and fresh. Cheeseburger appetizer is awesome and the lettuce wraps are great too. Positive and friendly staff Cassie is a gracious and welcoming always as the manager. Highly recommended.

1  Thank foodloversiesta
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Having looked at the Sisi website, the lunch menu looked interesting and reviews were good so, on Mothers Day with friends we took a nice drive to Thornbury. On arrival we found it was a Mothers Day brunch, not the regular menu. It looked interesting though seemed expensive at $35pp but decided to stay anyway.
BIG MISTAKE.
The brunch consisted of four, two course pairings.
The first course was two salads. While very tasty and well presented each salad was sufficient for only about 2 tablespoons per person. The table beside us received the same for two people.
The "Hong Kong breakfast" was scrambled eggs with prosciutto on focaccia . Our server told us this was a Hong Kong dish but in HK was made with Spam and mushy white bread - having spent many months in HK we knew this was nonsense.
Most of the other dishes not even remembered except for the French toast that was very greasy and only a trace of maple syrup.
Coffee or tea was extra.
This place obviously caters to tourists who may never be back.
Not recommended to locals or tourists.
We did leave a tip for our server as it was not her fault.

1  Thank JohnfromAlliston
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We went to Sisi on a rainy weekend lunch and liked the warm but casual ambiance. I had enjoyed a pleasant dinner there a few years ago. I ordered the Brussels sprouts Caesar salad and duck wings. The salad was an interesting departure from your typical Caesar. The duck wings were quite meaty and tasty with an apple mustard and sesame glaze. My only negative comment was that it's quite unusual to find a restaurant without Sauvignon blanc by the glass these days, so I had to choose another selection.
My partner was not quite as lucky with his choices. The spicy cauliflower was tasty but he found the Malbec (his frequent choice of wine) very unappealing and possibly 'off'' so he exchanged it for a beer. His plain Jane burger was another story. Very greasy, too rare on the inside (he wasn't asked for preferred degree of doneness) and he was only able to have a few bites. I may return but I won't rush to do so.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My beautiful girlfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to Easter Brunch as her family is way up north. It started with an amazing Virgin Ceasar accompanied with a freshly shucked oyster. It was a 7 course shared plate brunch from sage french toast with brown butter to a beautiful fresh melon blackberry and fresh mint salad..it all was amazing. As a retired chef of 25 years I was very impressed to be honest living in the area for 15 years I have frequented Sisi's and I never had a bad experience ever..the staff also are professional and very good at what they do..I highly recommend Sisi's..Cheers!

1  Thank Philip S