“Best breakfast”
Review of Junipers Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Dawn and Darren, the owners of Junipers, are great hosts. After eating a huge English breakfast there we were drawn back on numerous occasions because the food, presentation and quantity were very good. I had to ask for a child sized breakfast as the portions were BIG! They also sell Mr Whippy ice cream which we often stopped for on our way home at the end of an evening. We love Greek food but nothing like a bit of English sausage!

srttnbm j, Owner at Junipers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for the Review Jackie. The Breakfast we offer is great value for money. All named products like Heinz and all our mushrooms are fresh daily along with fresh vine tomatoes and home made bread. Glad you liked the Mr whippy that is also unique in Kassiopi. Junipers will be operating opposite the main car ark in 2014 and we look forward to seeing you there next year Jackie. Since running the restaurant we have met and become friends with many many great customers and we our very luck to have such a great customer base. thanks for the Review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just returned from Kassiopi and would like to say thanks again to Dawn and Darren for a wonderful breakfast mezze ( had to have a lie down after it !! ) and the great meal they provided for the 8 of us that evening. We were made very welcome and the meal was delicious, its a shame we only visited there later on in our holiday, I'm sure we would have eaten there a few more times, although my son and his girlfriend did enjoy a few more breakfasts before we left. Back to Kassiopi next year so we'll be calling in... already in training for the mezze. Hope all goes well with the change of venue. Good Luck and thanks
Tony, Christine, Sam, Chelsea and the rest of the gang.

Thanks very much to Tony, Christine, Sam, Chelsea and the rest of the gang for the comments about our unique offering for Breakfast. Looking forward to seeing you guys next year at the new premises opposite the Car park.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We decided to eat here after seeing the board outside advertising the €5 breakfast, my boyfriend wanted to try it. I found it a bit strange that when we were seated there were no menus for me to order from. I asked if they could make me a ham and cheese omelette for breakfast but they didn't have any ham so the waitress, who was really friendly and nice, suggested cheese and bacon. The omelette came out and it was black!!! There was black residue all over the plate, it was disgusting and I can't believe they handed it to a customer. It looked like the black was from a hot pate/grill that hadn't been cleaned properly and it tasted like cleaning solution or detergent. I've travelled a lot around the world and this was one of the worst breakfasts I've ever tasted. Not a good sign if a chef can't even cook an omelette properly,I can cook better myself. Unless you want exactly what it says on the board outside, do not go here for breakfast. One trick pony. I dread to think what the standard of the dinners are. They advertise a roast dinner for Sundays, wouldn't be my cup of tea to eat a roast dinner on holidays, I prefer to try more local cuisine. Raging I didn't say anything at the time, I just left it on the plate, normally I would have complained but I just couldn't wait to get out of the place. The waitress/hostess is excellent and very friendly with the customers but the food lets the place down.

srttnbm j, Owner at Junipers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

One Trick Pony! Noted you decided to eat with Junipers.The way we cook our omelettes does not coincide with you comments.Steamed omelette`s are very difficult to burn! A grill does not get used for omelettes not in our restaurant anyway. The one thing I will agree on is that the Waitress is a lovely lady and she also is one of the proprietor of the Business. The chef at Junipers has 25 years in the field. YOUR COMMENTS:

Please take a look at our customer photo`s of our food along with comments about our Sunday roasts. Your comments contradict what you have written.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service from a very accomodating couple who run this
Restaurant themselves without any staff and do it brilliantly!
Nothing is too much trouble, i couldn't decide what to have so they offered to make me a little of every dish i was considering as a kind of meze. I declined but the thought was there.
My wife was stuck between two dishes so they made her a combination of the two.

All in all a very pleasant experience and highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Only discovered this restaurant in the second week of our holiday, but ate there on three occasions. Lovely owners, Dawn is so welcoming and Darren always checks if you are enjoying his food and gives lots of cooking tips. I took my parents and they thought all the varieties of meat were exceptionally well cooked, and food was imaginatively presented. They couldn't resist the Sunday lunch and again were both impressed. I am a vegetarian and I was getting a little tired of eating Moussaka as a main course, so this restaurant was a real treat. Lots of choices of vegetarian food and Darren is always willing to prepare something else if you ask. I am only occasionally inspired to review restaurants, as so many lack imagination for vegetarians, but this is a real gem. I hope that Dawn and Darren are very successful and if I return to Kassiopi I will definitely be eating at their restaurant again.

srttnbm j, Owner at Junipers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thanks for the review we at Junipers are able to cater one to one off menu dishes as we cook all our food from fresh. We use no frozen foods apart from French fries for the children if they do not prefer our hand cut chips. Vegetarian dishes are a favourite of mine as Dawn is vegetarian. We have fresh button mushrooms and baby vine tomatoes and we have always to hand fresh cabbage and fresh carrots for our main dishes. Varied peppers in green yellow orange and red all delivered fresh daily. We offer the full English breakfast comprising of 2 English sausages, 2 English bacon, 2 eggs, Heinz beans, Fresh Vine baby tomatoes, fresh mushrooms and Fresh baked bread or toast all at a very reasonable 5 euro. Pg tips and Tetley and Yorkshire tea along with Nescafé at 2 euro or we do a breakfast deal for 8 euro that includes fresh squeezed orange juice and a tea or coffee . we never use tinned food for any of our dishes. We are passionate about food and the presentation of our dishes and we take care in selecting produce. We have an English butcher who supplies junipers with his hand made English burgers etc. We look forward to seeing you when you return. Junipers will be operating opposite the car park for 2014. We are down grading to a smaller premises to give customers a attentive and more enjoyable experience. We run our Restaurant as a hobby not as a money making exercise.