“Now known as ‘Kashmir restaurant- the curry house’. WORST FOOD EVER”

Ranked #91 of 101 Restaurants in Sidari
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t know where to start. First of all, this restaurant is now known as ‘Kashmir restaurant’. Very cleverly these guys have stayed away from updating their business details so that customers like us don’t check their reviews before visiting. Anyways, we asked the owner who was at the gate if they make fresh indian breads or serve store bought. He said they make fresh Indian bread and we walked in. We ordered spicy tomato soup, we received a jar of tomato purée with packet full of red chilli powder . I have never had such a bad soup in my lifetime . Next comes is our main course , we ordered Chana daal and he served us ‘Chana masala’ with packet full of red chilli powder again. The naan bread was store bought and pathetic. The rice was full of oil. We are Indians and well traveled. I never ever had such pathetic and tasteless food . It was hard for me to imagine how can an Indian chef cook such a meal. I asked the owner if the chef indian and he said no. Regardless I told him food was really bad and that he lied they serve fresh Indian bread (naan). The owner was arrogant and he said you can decide not to come back . All in all, I would highly recommend NOT to even look at this place . Highly overpriced food (it’s a shame to even call it food ) and worst quality. I think it’s packet food microwaved before serving. STAY AWAY.

5  Thank asheenam

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had pizza and carbonara, (the same restaurant but the other side of the wall) and it was vile, they advertise stone baked pizza. We were sat next to the stone bake oven and it wasn’t used. Apart from the owner poking it a few times to make it seem like it was in use. The carbonara wasn’t edible. The chips were under cooked and the garlic break wasn’t garlicy and was burnt. Oh the the lemonade was flat. We confronted the owner about our worries, to which his English turned non existent and said it was good food.
I feel like I’ve been robbed of £34 euros as we didn’t eat our meals. Also there were so many flys around the tables and the toilets were grim. AVOID!

3  Thank amusingash
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

we came here so much for the lovely chicken curry was so tasty . staff all very friendly and smiley great customer service and will defiantly will be back next year.
j.s ./ c.c

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Came here on holiday in sidari and had some great Indian food! Lovely staff! Defiantly worth a visit!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The negative reviews I have read thus far are nothing like my experience at this restaurant and the majority of them tell me more about the reviewer than the actual restaurant

the staff were very friendly and the food was fantastic and I can't complain regarding the price, you can tell they work hard and put effort into their service and food, I think we visited four times in the week we was at sidari, I wish them success and I will definitely be back! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1  Thank Luke L