I recently returned from Ti Kaye after a 6 night stay. From an overall perspective, I was extremely happy with the high quality facilities, food/drink and service. I thought the prices were very reasonable. Often, I was pleasantly shocked at the prices for drinks/meals.
We stayed in an ocean front cottage with a private plunge pool. After spending a day at the beach, it was wonderful to return to the plunge pool and then watch the sunset from our two person hammock. Our room had a king sized four poster bed with a great view of the ocean. We had little "friends" (frogs/lizards) visiting us in our room which I initally found disconcerting but definetly got more used to it.
Ti Kaye allows you to customize your mini frig so each day we would order a plate of fresh sliced fruit for $3 US dollars- including tax and gratuities. Lunches at the beach were also very reasonable - delicious 6 and 7 dollar sandwiches (including the 8 percent tax and 10 percent tip) included fries. They were large enough to split - especially after the large breakfasts included with the room rate.
Local Piton bars were also really reasonable- 2.50 US dollars including the tax/tip. Frozen drinks were under $5 and were great. Frankly, these prices are much more reasonable than I have ever come across in the Carribean and the quality was very high.
Dinners were also very tasty...an interesting and ever changing menu with an extensive wine list consisting of many wines- from value wines in the 20/30 US dollar range to expensive bottles. The wine list was geographically diverse. Most nights had some sort of musician/band playing and the live music enhanced the wonderful dining environment. We had planned on taking cabs to other resteraunts but changed our mind after having some meals. One night, there was a wonderful creole buffet with an enjoyable band. If you told me that I was going to eat in the same place 5 out of the next 6 nights, I would never predict that I could enjoy it. However, Ti Kaye was an unique exception!
As mentioned in some (most!) of the other reviews, the service is really one of a kind and a true differentiator. Having traveled extensively, I have never witnessed such a sincere and welcoming staff. Everyone is friendly, accomodating, and extremely service driven. This upbeat and pleasant attitude created a very special intimate environment.
We certainly plan on using our 10 percent off coupon for future stays, as well as recommending the property to friends/family. The guests were mostly couples of all ages so I am as comfortable recommending the place to my friends in their 20's as I am with my parents in their late 50's. For older couples or those who are not particularly limber, I suggest asking for a cottage that does not require as much walking up steep hills. I do not recommend high heels or stilettos!
During our next trip, we look forward to getting scuba certified. Everyone spoke very highly about the instructors and the teaching sessions in the pool and sea. Next time, I won't just partake in the wonderful massages on my ocean front porch (60 for an hr), but will be more ambitious and try the diving as well!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia