Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
US$395
Priceline
  • Pool
Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$109
Oasis Marigot(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
US$120
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$120
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$853
US$426
Travelocity
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$303
US$400
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$499/night.

Jade Mountain Resort(Soufriere)
US$1,110
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,279/night.

1,582 results
All reviewsfishevery nightst luciamarigot baybotanical gardensrented a carlaid backpiton beermangocaribbean seapublic beachrainy seasonexplore the islandgros pitonanse le rayenatural beautyplunge pool
Reviewed 23 June 2006

I found Ti Kaye through Trip Advisor and used the reviews given to make my decision to go there for my honeymoon. It's been a week now since we got back and my husband and I cry everynight thinking about what we were doing last week at this time. It was that good.
First and for most the property is absolutely beautiful. The views are breathtaking, and the weather while we were there was great! We went just in the start of the rainy season and only got one full day of rain. It was our first full day there and we needed to chill out any ways after planning a big wedding. We also got our massages that day so it worked out well.
The Service is the most attentive and friendly I've ever seen or recieved. I work in the restaurant business so I know when it's fake and when it's genuine.
We are from New York so we are used to the hussle and bussle of quick service. Being rushed in and out. It took a day or two to say wait a minute we're on vacation what do we need to rush for?
Every single staff member memorized our names by day 2. They say hello and goodbye and are so friendly and want to make your stay with them memorable. Pilgram behind the bar makes the best Piton Snow, a frozen yummy blend of rum and coconut cream. Gus at the Beach Bar or at Dinner in the evening was great to chit chat with. Florina was so sweat and kind. Theresa was so enthusiastic about giving you the best dinning experience. Cleas served a great bottle of wine and knew them all, over 200 of them! Victoria behind the bar was super friendly. Kim was an excellent waitress and had great recomendations. And George was a great help telling us all about the resort and showing us to our cottage and getting us settled in. There were so many others, I could write the whole review just on them.
Our cottage was our own little paradise. We stayed in "Fenyan" which means Lazy in Creole. This was perfect for our Lazy Honeymoon! Our Hammock and Rocking Chairs were the perfect touch to our secluded porch.
We had the Adventurous Honeymoon Package. We took the easier options from that package and had a blast each day doing a different activity. My favorite was the boat ride to Soufriere during the Land and Sea trip. The views of the Pitons are amazing. I loved them. We also got to go snorkling for the first time, which was really cool.
Anyone looking for a peaceful and secluded place to call home for a week or two should seriously consider Ti Kaye. If you aren't scared of a couple of lizards that might hang out near the Air Conditioner or in the closet. Or a couple of bugs here and there, they do give you a citronella candle on the deck and a can of bug spray, then this is the place for you. It has all the comforts you need and all the simple things to make your vacation a memorable one. It's not a Sandals kind of place, you're not just another guest staying in an overcrowded resort. They treat you like they would thier friends or family.

18  Thank k8Gus
Reviewed 20 June 2006

We just got back from a wonderful week at Tikaye, June 10-17, Cottage G. We usually go to a different island every year to celebrate our anniversary. Before our trip, I read all of the Tikaye reviews and had very high expectations- I was not disappointed! The staff is great, the food is good and the prices are the best we have found in the Carribbean. The cottages provide privacy that you won't find at a large hotel. If you are looking for a relaxing and romantic getaway, this is the place. I think our search for the perfect resort and island are over- we will return.

To the Tikaye staff: thanks for mainkg our 13th wedding anniversary perfect. You are an amazing team and you have a very special resort.

15  Thank gamecock1989
Reviewed 5 June 2006

We had a great trip to St. Lucia. The food, people, accommodations were all great. My only regret is going in May (the last month of the dry season). It was a little brown and not as lush as I had hoped but in spite of this, it is a beautiful island.
We stayed at 2 resorts over our 5 day visit. 2 nights were at Ti Kaye and we were happy with our choice. We stayed in cottage "I" w/ a plunge pool and felt it was very private but not too much of a hike from the main lobby.
My husband and I are scuba divers and this was part of our reason for staying here. The staff and equipment were top notch and the diving was some of the best we've done. My husband and I honeymooned in Fiji nearly 6yrs ago and overall we felt this was a better vacation.
At Ti Kaye, the rooms were very clean and there were hardly any bugs in or around our quarters. The food was better than average. It's not 5 star but we enjoyed each meal. Be adventurous and break away from the mold of chain restaurants and try some of the local dishes...those were my favorite.
My husband and I are in our mid 30's w/ two young boys so we longed for the get-a-way. Most other couples were on their honeymoon but we enjoyed being around the newlyweds - made us feel a little younger. The Friday trip to Anse la Ray for the fish fry was a lot of fun and the food was good and cheap. It's not fancy but worth the night on the town, getting to know some other couples, and taking in the local color.
One last comment on Ti Kaye - our second day of diving, we did not return to the resort until after check out time. The resort was accommodating in allowing us to store our luggage for the morning then providing a cottage on the hill to shower and clean up before moving to our next destination.
Again, we truly enjoyed our visit to St. Lucia and our stay at Ti Kaye. Do not visit St. Lucia if you want commercial, touristy, or 10 story hotels. Do visit if you want to "get away from it all". Ti Kaye is not the Ritz but it's comfortable, clean, private, and very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2006
17  Thank teamH
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2006

St. Lucia Anniversary Review 5/27/06-6/4/06

One Year Later

Intro: My husband and I honeymooned at Ti Kaye and Ladera last June 2005 for our honeymoon. For our one year anniversary, we chose to return to Ti Kaye. In the last few months leading up to our return, I had become increasingly nervous given some negative trip advisor reviews and reports, and I feared that we had experienced Ti Kaye through rose colored lenses last year in our honeymoon/post wedding euphoria. We have just returned from 8 nights from May 27th-June 4th 2006 at Ti Kaye for our one year anniversary trip, and I can report that Ti Kaye is perhaps even better than it was last year! We had a fantastic time and agreed this trip was even better than our honeymoon last year!

Arrival: We flew direct from Atlanta, Georgia on Delta to the UVF airport. A Ti Kaye van was there waiting for us. The driver took the route up the east-Atlantic coast, and then cut across St. Lucia around the center of the island to Anse La Raye where we then went just south to Ti Kaye. We arrived at Ti Kaye 80 minutes later tired and slightly nauseous. We were warmly welcomed and given our welcome drink. Upon check in we received a tiny card, welcoming us back to Ti Kaye and as a welcome back gift, we were given the option of 2 free 60 minute massages in our cottage or a dinner for two including wine on the house. Since we already had a 10% off coupon from last year, I wasn’t expecting anything extra, but this was really nice! We chose the massages! We chose to escort ourselves to our cottage since we knew where everything was. Upon arriving at Ti Kaye, and my husband spouting “oh wow” at the view, we noticed there was a bottle of chilled champagne in an ice bucket with two champagne glasses waiting for us in our Cottage! I’m not sure if they do this for all couples now or just returning couples, but either way it was NICE! When I opened the French doors to our cottage my jaw fell open, the Ti Kaye staff had literally covered the cottage in flowers, and at the foot of the bed, the flowers spelled out “Welcome Back.” Nice touch! We hadn’t booked a package this time, just the room, so we were also pleasantly surprised at the huge fruit basket waiting for us on the fridge as another “welcome back” gift. We spent the entire 8 nights munching the delicious fresh fruit and fudge! Yum! We were in our cottage for probably 10 minutes when the phone rang, it was the manager Jeanine welcoming us back to Ti Kaye and wishing us a happy anniversary! WOW! It’s these little personal touches that make Ti Kaye so special and wonderful!

Cottage/Room: Last year we booked an ocean view cottage, cottage F “Fenyan” which is creole for Lazy. This year we chose to go for the top and booked an ocean front with plunge pool. We requested cottage N “Nich” meaning Nest, 11 months in advance, and we were not disappointed. The cottages are essentially the same, just the location and the addition of the plunge pool make the difference. I wish I could tell you the ocean front with plunge pool isn’t worth the money, and that it didn’t add a whole other dimension to the romance and seclusion, but I would be lying if I did. We used the plunge pool every day, sometimes to cool down after a day at the beach, sometimes just to enjoy a glass of wine or a piton and watch the sun set right in front of our cottage. Cottage N has a slightly different view than most of the cottages at Ti Kaye. Most cottages overlook the bay of Anse Cochon (French for Bay of Pigs), while N and DD are oriented more directly west toward the sunset, and overlook the ocean and a private tiny beautiful cove. The waves crash on the rocks of this cove and every morning I would fix coffee in our cottage coffee maker and listen to the waves crash while my husband slept in. It was heaven! We had hot water every day. Note, there is a switch with a yellow light in your cottage, if your turn this off, you have turned off your water heater.

Staff: I was so happy to find the majority of the Ti Kaye staff we remembered from last year still happy and smiling, and can you believe some of them actually remembered us? Thereasa is one of those people who is just a joy to be around. George is so sweet and funny. Cleus works so fast and with such an elegant manner and sweet smiles, sometimes we thought he floated more than walked. Sandy and Verna are still around and wonderful! One of our favorite surprises was the addition of Gus! Last year at Ladera, Gus was the only waiter who seemed to be as sweet and wonderful as the Ti Kaye staff, and this year, we found him working at Ti Kaye! Bonus!

Ti Kaye Resort Changes: The restaurant has been expanded to offer some fantastic views of the ocean and Anse Cochon. There is also a new library and Yoga deck that are very nice! Last year where there was a planter, there is now a new beautiful wine room displaying Ti Kaye’s extensive wine selection. The fridge is now kept inside a nice piece of cabinetry designed to match the canopy bed and night stands. I also noticed

Food: One of the reasons we wanted to return to Ti Kaye so much, was the food was so good last year and such a good value. The chef has changed since we were there last year and I was nervous about being so secluded with a new chef and a few negative reports. In all honesty, we thought the food was better than last year, it was marvelous! Breakfast and lunch menu’s are basically the same as last year and the same good quality. At dinner, the presentation has definitely taken a step up, and the dinners were more diverse and creative than last year. Out of our 8 nights at Ti Kaye, we dined for dinner at Ti Kaye 6 nights (Thursday we went out to Rainforest Hideaway and Friday night Anse la Raye Fish fry). On all 6 nights at Ti Kaye, we had live entertainment ALL NIGHTS! We love live music and we especially enjoyed the live music on Saturdays, Sunday and Wednesday, although they were all entertaining. We experienced no upset stomachs and my husband has a fairly sensitive stomach. Nobody else seemed to be having any issues with the food as well, everyone loved the food. Also, the Wednesday night buffet was a pleasant surprise. It was wonderful, and included a few alcoholic drinks! Woohoo! The entertainment Wednesday night was one of the best, and the fresh grilled veggies, the pineapple and mango rice, the broccoli with cheese and the Cajun grilled chicken were fabulous! We also loved the pumpkin and garlic soup! Really rich creamy wonderful flavor! Our last dinner was one of the best, my husbands lamb was melt in your mouth delicious, and my banana stuffed chicken was so creative and fantastic! Our carrot cake was also superb!

Beach: The beach is still down the 166 steps, but it’s really not that bad, and we needed the exercise after all the wonderful food. The sand is still the same volcanic dark grey sand that gets very very hot. The water in Anse Cochon is crystal clear on most days, with fantastic snorkeling on either side of the cove. I’m not sure if it was a fluke or not, but we barely saw any of the Sandal’s boats of snorkelers. I believe they are taking their guests somewhere else now to snorkel rather than to Anse Cochon. Also I was surprised to see the majority of the booze cruises (Mango Tango and such) no longer seem to blast their cheesy music once inside the cove anymore, they seem much more respectful of the peace and quiet of the location. The boats only seemed to show up between noon and 3pm, when the beach is scorching hot anyway. In the mornings and late afternoons and early evenings, the beach was secluded and wonderful! I also noticed that most Ti Kaye guests seemed to skip out on the best time on the beach, sunset! After 5pm or so, the beach vendors have gone home, so have all the booze cruises, the sand has cooled, the temperature has cooled, and the beach is wonderful and so are the sunsets!

Security: I noticed a great increase in security this time since my trip last year. They seem to be building a stone fortress at the resort entrance gate to replace the existing small wood structure. There is now an iron gate on the 166 steps down to the beach which cuts off access to the resort from the beach at night. Last year I read about there being security patrolling at night in the Ti Kaye manual. This year I saw the security, quite regularly, and heard the police trained dogs twice at night and noticed a flashlight scanning our cottage after the dog had barked near our cottage. After our first two nights, I slept like the dead knowing I was in safe hands.

Activities: My husband and I were quite active this year, but Ti Kaye is an active kind of resort! Last year we did the Horseback riding excursion, the sunset cruise, the Land and Sea tour, massages in our room, and the Friday night Anse La Raye Fish Fry. This year we did the Beginners Scuba Dive plus an additional dive, the Rainforest Hike, one hour massages, Full day of sailing, went to dinner in Marigot Bay at Rainforest Hideaway, had some one year anniversary photos taken by Ray of Karay Media Productions and did the Friday night Anse La Raye Fish fry again! This is of course in addition to the massive amount of snorkeling and kayaking we did at Ti Kaye.

The Padi beginners scuba dive was wonderful! Although if you are scared of snorkeling, this might not be the best thing for you. I regularly saw a girl or two freak out during the lesson. I was fine, but I’m a fish! This scuba dive opened up a whole new world to my husband and I, we loved it so much, we accompanied another beginners scuba lesson later in the week for a second dive! Just wonderful coral, fish, squid, eels, etc right there in the cove of Ti Kaye! We can’t wait to get Padi open water certified now!

The Rainforest hike was fun, but very athletic! I wouldn’t recommend this for those who do not want to exert themselves on their vacation. The rainforest was beautiful, the waterfall we hiked to deep in the rainforest was gorgeous and a great place to cool down. The rainforest itself was much cooler than the other portions of the island and the flowers and birds were so beautiful. Shakka our guide was very knowledgeable and sweet.

The massages were wonderful, we knew they would be and they held up to our expectations. We had created a playlist on our ipod of romantic low key music we both enjoy and played it softly on our speakers during the massage. It was so relaxing and a great way to start our vacation.

I wanted a way to commemorate our anniversary and getting some sunset beach photos I’ve always eyed enviously seemed like the perfect solution. I contacted Ray of Karay Media Productions to take some sunset photos of us on the beach. Ray was a joy to work with, very funny and friendly, I felt like we had known each other much longer than just a few minutes. He dropped off the CD of digital negatives before we left and we are thrilled with the photos. Ray did a fantastic job and his prices are very competitive. For anyone considering getting married in St. Lucia or just wanting some great photos of the two of you, I highly recommend Ray! (--)
Dinner in Marigot Bay at Rainforest Hideaway. I had heard great things about Rainforest Hideaway, and it was so much closer to Ti Kaye than going back to Ladera that we chose to do one night out here instead. I contacted Ti Kaye a week before we arrived and the staff arranged our dinner reservations and our water taxi to Marigot Bay (about 15 minutes) and our land taxi back to Ti Kaye (about 20-25 minutes). Rainforest Hideaway is more pricy than Ti Kaye, about on par price wise with Ladera, however we honestly thought Rainforest was far better than anything we’ve had on the island as of yet. The food was just exquisite! The chef sent over several compliments of the chef in addition to our appetizers, entrées and dessert! The location is quite lush and tropical and lovely, the food is just spectacular, and the service was excellent too. When we return to St. Lucia, we will most definitely be dining at Rainforest again!

Full day of sailing. Last year we enjoyed the sunset sail so much, we thought it would be nice to rent the sail boat for the entire day, boy was this a good idea! My husband and I prefer sailing to motor boats, there is something so peaceful about cruising along the coast of gorgeous St. Lucia with only the sound of the water crashing against the boat and the wind in your face. It was just a fantastic, romantic and peaceful day, the perfect way to end our vacation. We sailed down to the Pitons, snorkeled in between the Pitons, had lunch at the Green Room in Soufriere, and spent the afternoon catching the wind and really letting the boat fly! It was wonderful!

Recommendations for Ti Kaye: I have a few minor suggestions for Ti Kaye. The beach is beautiful and a fantastic asset to Ti Kaye, and sand and the water remain pristine and gorgeous. One of the previous negative reviews complained that “half the beach is covered in trash”, while this is a gross exaggeration, the trash underneath the trees where the locals picnic on Sunday and where the beach vendors escape from the sun, has grown a lot since last year. It’s really getting to the point where it’s beginning to detract from the beauty of the beach. I know Ti Kaye has their hands full taking care of Ti Kaye guests, and I know I’m asking a lot by asking Ti Kaye to pick up after the locals in addition to their guests, but you can’t let this beautiful stretch of beach turn into a dump. It’s no where close to that now thankfully and is still beautiful, but if the trash continues to build at this rate, it won’t be long before you start getting more complaints. Perhaps the addition of a few more trash cans might encourage the locals to use the cans rather than the trees?

The beach is hot, having some beer bottle kuzi’s that say Ti Kaye on them would be an awesome addition to the bucket of beers purchased at the Beach bar. Our beers warmed so quickly, kuzi’s would have been a fun little touch.

I brought my own raft to use in the ocean from home. Many other couples commented on how smart that was and how they wished they had brought one. The addition of a few rafts down by the beach would be a great addition and not very expensive!

Guest Expectations: Ti Kaye is not like typical resorts, before you book here, you have to understand that. Ti Kaye is a resort built around the idea of finding serenity, peace and experiencing the beauty of nature. While it’s perfect for us, I wouldn’t recommend it to some of our dearest friends, knowing their idea of vacationing is different from ours. Ti Kaye is a resort set in a secluded tropical forest on a cliff over looking the Caribbean ocean. The only portion of the entire resort that is closed off to the elements, is your cottage, and the check in desk, everything else is open to nature. That means it will be hot at times, birds might fly by, there will be bugs of some sorts, etc. If you do not like nature, you might not like Ti Kaye. Most Ti Kaye guests tend to be very active, seeking to experience the island of St. Lucia and getting to know the locals. If you prefer to sit on a beach all day, never lift a finger, and not be bothered by locals, this might not be the best resort for you. Ti Kaye is a carnivore’s paradise, however if you are a particularly picky eater, going to a resort that only offers 3 dinner options (although they change every night) might not be a smart thing to do. Do your research and evaluate what you want out of your honeymoon or vacation. What is wonderful for many others, may not be what you are looking for.

Overall, Ti Kaye is the perfect place for us. It’s authentic, beautiful, friendly, relaxing and just wonderful. This was our second trip to Ti Kaye and will probably not be the last. For the right couple seeking to get away from Vegas style resorts and generic ambiance, Ti Kaye is heaven.

Stef and Dan

62  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2006

We loved Ti Kaye and thought the rooms were perfect! The outside showers, hammock and view of the Carribean made our stay blissful. The food was quite good and the dive shop (Island Divers) was flexible and accomodating. Perfect for a romantic get away!

• Stayed: May 2006