In reading the other reviews, I honestly don't know where the negative reviews come from. We stayed at Tikaye for 8 days, 7 nights with the Adventurers' Package. It was one of our most memorable vacations and definitely the hardest to come home from! Our cottage (Jennes) was wonderful - the view, the hammock, the garden shower. It was immaculately cleaned daily and always with fresh towels. The layout was relaxing and functional and much closer to the beach, restaurant, etc. than the map portrays.
The beach was great and there was only a few of us there at any time. No cruise ships (which may be a function of the time of year) and only once was there a big Sandals boat which stayed for a couple hours. There were a couple kids trying to sell but if you're friendly and firm, they won't bother you and are actually very nice. It felt like our own little beach/cove.
The restaurant was beautiful at night with the lights and quietness. One of the most peaceful places we've been. I'd suggest that unless you know you'll want 3 course meals every night, don't sign up for the meal plan. You can easily pay less by ordering a la carte. The food was good (though not spectacular) and the service was good - I don't know why the people who left negative reviews were in such a hurry while on vacation. We found the staff attentive and wonderful. They even went out of their way to accommodate our requests to sit at tables closest to the water.
Best of all were the staff - all of them. From the front desk to the restaurant to the dive shop. Everyone was always friendly and made efforts to know your name, be attentive to your needs, etc. The dive shop was very flexible and had a smaller boat, so there were never more than 4-6 divers at a time which was wonderful. We'd like to thank especially Francis, Sonia, Theresa, and all at the dive shop. They truly made the experience!
Overall, it was an amazing trip. We had wonderful excursions and the bookings were easy and completely accomodated our schedule. We loved just laying on the hammock and watching the gorgeous sunsets every day. We really could not have asked for more - it was everything we were hoping for!
We've done a lot of international traveling and while we are usually glad we went somewhere, there are few we've ever wanted to go back to. This is one of the places we are definitely going to return to!!!
(Hint - bring motion sickness medication for the rides to/from airport and excursions!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia