“Friendly, great food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

A bunch of us went to Thai Tong for dinner.
The service here is always friendly and efficient and dealing with a large group presents no drama for the staff.
We had the mixed entrees, which were fantastic, good proportions and fresh flavours.
The mains arrived in good time and there was praise all round.
I had the whole fish which was very tasty. (Be sure to eat the bones on the bottom of the fish, it's sensational.) The red curry, duck and everything that hit the table was first rate.
We finished off with sticky rice which was the perfect conclusion.
Thai Tong has a great atmosphere, top food and service. We will be back.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have lived and worked in Thailand many times over the past forty years and although I am no culinary expert I can claim a basis for evaluating Thai restaurants. Thai Tong is a reasonable, but not exceptional Thai restaurant. My beef salad which I was told was not a 'traditional' dish (perhaps not but it is common fare in Thai restaurants around the world) was ninety percent meat without much of the other necessary ingredients. Disappointing. It must be said that the boss/manager was very open to requests, a plus. My main criticism of the restaurant is its internal seating which is cramped and isolating. Perhaps the outdoor site is better. I would not travel the considerable distance from town to get to this place again.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Thanks for another wonderful night. This is the second time we have been to thai tongs, and we are a very large group. Each time we've eaten here the service has been fantastic and the food is amazing! All food has been brought out together and no one is left waiting. The price is exceptional! I can't fault thai tongs, we'll be back, again and again.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

After initially arriving to find our booking was mixed up we were quickly accommodated. Food & service was fantastic. We will be returning!!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I'm lucky enough to live close enough to dine here regularly, but it's not my closest Thai restaurant.
I gladly drive past them to come to this place.
The food and service are consistently good and the prices very reasonable.