“A stay for all the wrong reasons”

Hotel Therme Bad Teinach
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I wasn't interested in the spa or pools or baths or mineral water or anything -- I chose this hotel for its location, convenient for a friend in the area who was showing me around. I stayed for only one night, actually the last night of my trip. I was somewhat put off when we arrived, because this is a HUGE hotel, building after building with the mineral water plant right next door. Everything looks very well cared for but I missed seeing a tree as we walked towards it.

Parking and walking around the grounds trying to find the reception was a challenge all in itself. The complex is a maze of buildings that look like they were randomly erected, and the reception building's location is counter-intuitive: it is NOT the first one you see as you walk from the parking area. Actually, it is quite a ways away, so you spend some time pulling your suitcase around trying to find it (we had to ask...).

However, hotel personnel were friendly, welcoming me efficiently and with minimum delay. I had to walk back all the way to the building closest to the parking area, but at least there was a lift to get my big suitcase to the first floor. The room was nice, not big but well furnished, comfortable (and, surprisingly, I got news channels in English on TV) and immaculately clean. A weird annoyance was the location of the toilet paper dispenser, which required an awkward position to be reached... But this was offset by the best shower of my trip. Connecting to wi-fi wasn't simple, as the directions weren't clear and I couldn't figure it out (I'm not exactly fluent in German). So I took a little walk to reception and got a good explanation on how to do it. Sadly, the connection wasn't good, going from decent to absent during the whole time I used it.

I ran out of mineral water a few hours after arrival, so back I went to reception to ask for a new bottle. Again, personnel were kind and helpful. I slept well enough and the next morning made my way to the restaurant for breakfast. This was spectacular! A vast choice, from pancakes to many different kinds of bread, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and sweets, plus espresso coffee. Looking out the window, I spotted a sort of secluded garden and decided to visit it after my meal. A lovely, lovely place, with flowers, trees, a pond, a stream with a little bridge, birds and a bench to sit on and contemplate it all. Definitely the highlight of my brief stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

An excellent quiet place to relax. Lovely surroundings. Gorgeous, comfortable and well equipped rooms. Extensive Spa area and lovely gardens to walk around. Would like to have stayed longer. Breakfast choice was also excellent. Well worth a visit

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The thermal baths in Teinach are modern and soothing. You'll feel rejuvenated soaking in the hot and cool pools. The thermal bad is brand new. Lovely and modern. Totally comfortable. For newly weds and families alike

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017

It does not happen often that a hotel and its rooms looks better than the professional pictures of the hotel. This hotel really delivers what the pictures promise !
This hotel offers plenty of different styles of good quality rooms, so study the options well on the website. Very nice pool/wellness area. Great breakfast and great half-board formula with 4 course meals. There is also a large choice of wines that you can order by glass.
Staff is very friendly and contributes to the relaxed atmosphere.
Although our room seemed to be prepared for airco, there was not yet an airco system installed at the time of our visit. Wifi strength and throughput was rather low.
We stayed here 4 nights.
It is very likely that we will re-visit this hotel in the coming years.

Room Tip: There are different styles of rooms (modern, classic, park view, balcony, ..) so study the descripti...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Spent a nice Weekend with my sister at Hotel Therme Bad Teinach. Wellness Treatments are really good and relaxing, the two ladies who treated us were sweet and funny and we enjoyed every second. There are lots of young guests so you'll find a good mix of both young and older people. We had a 4-course menu, which was also really good. I give 4 stars only because even though the Therme Area is awesome beautiful there could be More comfort like additional towels at the Sauna and the Panorama Area is Separated from the Pool Area. Still I Would definitely visit again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Thermenhotel
#3 of 7 in Bad Liebenzell
33.2 km away
Leonardo Royal Hotel Baden-Baden

Been to Hotel Therme Bad Teinach? Share your experiences!