“Location: 4/5 | Rooms: 2/5 | Service: 3/5 |”
Review of Hotel Baseraa

Hotel Baseraa
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Secunderabad
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The highlight for picking this hotel is its great location. Its only 2 kms away from major locations like MG road or Paradise biryani or maket areas in Secunderabad. When I entered the room for the first time, the room bell was not working, the window handles were broken, water was leaking from bathroom, single tea cup and glass for a check-in for 2 adults, rooms dont have much lighting, the room walls and flooring are broken or torned and the WiFi password provided were not working. The TV was a old school CRT.

Later someone from the hotel asked me for reviews and I just told them that I did not like it (Btw I did not complain or anything). In return they tried to clean my room as the best possible and provided a free cake. I was happy but still all this does not wash away the fact that the rooms require repairs and upgrades for the cost it is asking. First impressions are very important!

Room Tip: good location
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Akhil01121976, General Manager at Hotel Baseraa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Mr. Priyansu,

On behalf of “Ohri’s Group of Hotels & Restaurants”, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Hotel Baseraa recently.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We take every complaint seriously and work upon that immediately.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

In a horrendous city with quite appalling traffic problems where it’s almost impossible to cross the road, you at least want the hotel you stay at to provide a sort of sanctuary. But sadly the Hotel Baseraa manages to make an already unhappy experience even worse.
It claims to be a three-star hotel but even within the first few seconds after arrival I detected it wouldn’t be worthy of that grading – and so it proved.
There was an offhand, unhelpful guy on reception; the sort who can make the most simple, straightforward procedure appear complicated. He seemed to be baffled by the request: "Do you have a room available for tonight?" He eventually indicated yes, there were single rooms available and then offered to "upgrade" me to an executive room at no extra charge. All I can say is, if mine was an executive room, goodness knows what standard rooms must have been like. No sooner had I entered the room with its dated decor than I realised there was this dreadful humming sound coming through the ceiling. I went down to reception to ask what it was. They pretended not to know although presumably dozens of previous guests must have made the same complaint. They sent someone up to "investigate" who immediately said it was caused by a (massive) air conditioning unit on the roof and that the noise would go on all night. I returned to reception, suggesting it was completely unacceptable to place a guest in a room where it would be impossible to sleep; so they switched me to a room further along the corridor – where it was much quieter. But the unexpected delight here was dried blood spots on the duvet cover!
In the bathroom the showerhead sent water flying off in all directions.
In the public areas, hallways were dirty for which there can be absolutely no excuse.
To be fair, the buffet breakfast wasn’t bad but it was supposed to have been available from 07.00 to 10.00. But staff were still getting tables ready and laying things out at 07.45.
I made all these points in person the following morning to a guy who appeared to be in charge of reception and was a lot more pleasant and professional than the surly individual who had "greeted" me the night before.
“Would you be prepared to give us a second chance?” he asked.
If there had just been one issue maybe, but this hotel came across as being so badly managed on so many fronts that I just wanted to get out of the place as quickly as possible.

Room Tip: Please ensure I'm nowhere the rooftop air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Akhil01121976, General Manager at Hotel Baseraa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Sir,

On behalf of “Ohri’s Hotel Baseraa”, please accept my sincere apology for your unpleasant stay at the Hotel Baseraa recently.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

10 years back, during my MBA days in Hyd, this was considered quite a good place. So i thought it should be a good place to stay. But really bad experience. The rooms are stuck in time. Staff is just not bothered. I reached late and checked in at 1 am. The room AC was not working. I had to complain many times and walk down to reception couple of times to get someone to just come to room to check. After almost an hour, they finally changed the room. Really bad experience.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank shwaets
Akhil01121976, General Manager at Hotel Baseraa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of “Ohri’s Group of Hotels & Restaurants”, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at Hotel Baseraa recently.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Booked it @ 3000 from clear trip where same hotel same room on oyo was 2000.

Hotel is very old and maintained normally.

Best location., central of secundrabad.
Buffet break was good.
One must not spend more than 2000 for one night

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Mayur,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Baseraa. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

The Room is dingy, dark and untidy. The bathroom is dirty, flush doesn't work and the jacuzzi tub has dirt in it. The walls in the rooms in bad shape with paints peeling off. Feels like one old shady bungalow. Not recommended at all.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank PArun2016

Dear Mr. P. Arun,

On behalf of “Ohri’s Group of Hotels & Restaurants”, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Hotel Baseraa in the month of November, 2016.

We are in a process of renovating all Hotel Rooms and making these contemporary with the finest of fittings and amenities. We have almost renovated all the rooms except a few rooms and these too are undergoing renovation.