Hotel Baseraa
Hotel Minerva Grand(Secunderabad)
US$51
Hotel Taj Tristar(Secunderabad)
US$34
Hotel Maya Deluxe(Secunderabad)(Great Value!)
US$16
  • Restaurant
US$39
US$48
The Purple Leaf Hotel(Secunderabad)
US$40
US$32
US$57
US$41
Agoda.com
All reviewsvalue for moneyrailway stationmajor locationsin houseclose proximitytravel deskvadabad smellramoji film citycomplimentary breakfasthigher sidehotel is centrally locatedfood qualitycomfortable staythe heart of the cityparadise biryaniwalkable distance
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I ate lunch four times, here whilst on business in the area. A lovely mix of food on the buffet, each day, with very attentive service. I would have preferred the chicken and lamb to have been served off the bone, but that was not a major problem.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is well known and centrally located in Secunderabad. The service was good, the staff very courteous and friendly. Room was spacious. The bathroom however could do with improvements. The tub area is dark when bathing, even with all lights on. The plumbing is classic but I don't think there is hot water. Charging of smart phones and laptops presented a problem. Either I watched TV or charged my phone and laptop as there were only two plug points. Breakfast served is of a very high quality and reasonable variety. I'm not sure the ac was functioning as I did not see any controls at eye level. The master switch is outside the room and someone switched it off the first night. Mercifully I was awake and reception at 0200h advised me what to do.

Room Tip: Had a room overlooking the road on 2nd floor. I did not get any road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2017

First impression on checking in was not great as the room looked old and not maintained.
However my stay of 2 nights turned out to be very comfortable.
Pros:
1) Location- Close proximity to Secunderabad station and Jubilee Bus stand. Auto and call cabs are easily available right outside the hotel
2) Breakfast - Spread was great. Both south & North indian and English.
3) Wifi was great.
Cons
1) Rooms and Toilets need to be renovated .Furniture is old and almost falling apart.Taps are old and rusty and make a lot of funny noises
2) No Health faucet.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the road. Rooms facing the inside of the hotel are too bright at night because of the hotel focus lamp.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Before reading this review do have a look at my other review on Baseraa Inn by Ohris and how we ended up in Hotel Baseraa, Secunderabad.

Below is my experience regarding this hotel:
1) Rooms: The two room (top floor) that we got were clean, spacious and very comfortable for family. One room had separate beds and had a some bad smell initially - may be it was not used for some days. The other room had king size bed which was comfortable for 2 adults and a kid. Both rooms had a TV with set top box in which almost all the channels were available.
2) Bathroom: Both rooms had attached bathroom which was again clean and well maintained. Both the bathrooms had a bath tub (my kid liked this very much) and 24 hour hot water available. One minor problem that I found was that the water was not coming properly in health faucet.
3) Food: We had complimentary breakfast in the package. I must say the food spread was very good and tasty. For breakfast every day common items were - fresh watermelon juice, mango juice, cut fruits (watermelon, papaya, muskmelon), sprouts, corn flakes, boiled eggs, sweet (ex.: moong dal halwa), doughnuts, fruit cake, puff, croissant, danish pastry, vada (this was very oily - only -ve part). Along with this everyday they had either - rice idly, dosa, poha, kara bath.
4) Travel desk: The in house travel desk is also good but the charges is slightly on the higher side. We had taken AC Suzuki Dzire for two days for our local sight seeing and a visit to Ramoji film city. For 12hr the charges was Rs.2000/-.

For some reason lifts were there only till 4th floor. Since our rooms where in top floor we had to walk one level of steps to reach the room. Even though it was bit difficult for my parents it was OK because we left the hotel in the morning and came back in the night.

We were using the 3G/4G internet on our phone itself hence did not get a chance to try the WiFi facility in the hotel.

Overall it was a very good experience and I would easily recommend this place for anyway.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

It is an old hotel and may be a 3 or 4star of that time but now 3000 is too high for this hotel.

Rooms are not maintained properly.

But breakfast and location is excellent.

Mostly liquor brands are out of stock at bar but many good rest & bar avaliable near by.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business