See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2015

The Panda Inn certainly looks very cool upon arriving--there are paintings of pandas in various settings throughout all the hallways. All the decor has to do with pandas: the mugs, the soap dispensers, there's even a soft panda toy on the bed waiting for you. It's certainly very unique, as much as it is bizarre.

In terms of comfort and accommodations, this hotel really was not up to snuff and I was quite surprised to see such a high ranking on TripAdvisor upon our return. The beds are essentially springs with a piece of cardboard thrown on top and are incredibly uncomfortable. The bathroom was clean for the most part but when I tried to use the soap dispenser, rust came out. Also, the shower door did not shut properly, forcing me to flood the bathroom. It was unclear how the heating system worked and we were incredibly chilly at night under thin blankets, particularly when it was barely above freezing outside the room. Finally, the setup of the hotel is very strange--check-in and breakfast are in a hotel-like building, whereas our rooms were a short drive away in what appeared to be a deserted apartment complex. We truly had the feeling that we were the only people for miles.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Victor K
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place is all about Pandas. There are Panda furniture, linen, cups, everything. Lovely building with delightful nooks and crannies. We stayed only one night. There was no water, so no dinner or any other service for that matter. It is far from the city/restaurants. We walked- about 45 minutes, but very pleasant, as there is a new park nearby, with a lake, and just lovely to spend time in. It is a brand new building. Good lighting, everything in working order, other than the temporary water problem. Clean, wi-fi in the rooms. Breakfast was Chinese, no western options. Compared to other '4 star' hotels we stayed in during this trip, this was luxury.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmzinOz
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Panda Inn Emeishan was opened in May. It is now about 5months since teh opening. It is a quain inn renovated from old traditional Chinese gueshouse. The idea of the panda Inn is well thought off/. Rooms were nicely decorated with Panda memorabilia.. Each room has aPanda name and where he or she is born. The rooms are very clean and nicely renovated. Now the part of the service- Staff speaks very little or no English. Phone services tot eh rooms are only within the Inn of Hotel. If you have incoming all and need to talk\to someone you hae to go to the lobby of another building and take your phone call. Breakfast buffet consist only of Chinese Sichuan type food. No toast ot bread or tea or coffee are serve. This make it difficult for westerners to visit the Inn. it does have a cute bar where they have a2 man band that evening celebrating Mid Autumn festival. Everyone was having fun. Most of the guests are Local Chinese. We were the only 8 local Americans that evening. Recommend for those who are into Pandas as it is a quaint boutique. it has potential for foreigners if they work on the Reception and the meals . Menu written only in Chinese. So difficult to order. Teh location is at least 20-30mins from teh town. So if you want dinner you need to find a cab wi=hich can be a challenge.

Room Tip: The twin rooms are very good. Nicely decorated . Dining is the problem with breakfast or dinner.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

During my Chengdu trip in Aug, I travelled to Emeishan specially to stay in this Panda Inn for 1 night as I love Panda. I called the Hotel when I arrived at the Emeishan Bus Station and they picked me up free of charge. Was allocated the luxurious and huge buddhism theme room with a King size bed. Aircon and Wifi signal were very strong in the room too. Realised that the price was so much cheaper when I called the hotel to book directly (http://www.panda-inn.cn/) instead of booking through Agoda. I paid only CNY590 for the room as compared to CNY818 if book via Agoda. Do be aware that they do not accept international credit card and there's a need to give a CNY200 cash deposit even though i hadalready made full payment. Guess it's a security measure just in case the cute panda stuff in the room went missing. Had my meal in 1 of the 3 Panda theme dining room - lthe Panda set meal was delicious. The only disappointment I had was the breakfast which is only a bowl of plain noodle wtih some vegetable and a fried egg but it's quite a standard breakfast in Chengdu. Was provided the free transfer back to Emeishan Bus Station upon check-out. Overall, I am very satisfied with the hotel room and will definitely stay longer on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank NSEL
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed one night with my family, since the hotel is new, the rooms and the "panda" were clean. Nice place to stay with family, especially for those travel with children, am sure they will like it. Make sure you don't leave your valuables in the room or at least lock the room door. No comment on the food, as the night we stayed, there was a blackout, so we just had a simple breakfast (noodles with an egg). Since the place is far from town, I hope they can have 24 hours reception service. It is quiet and nice place to relax. I hope they will maintain the cleanliness of the place and have more activities in the Inn.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms far from the corridor, as the walls are not "sound proof", easily hear the sound from outside of the room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family