US$18
US$42
Book now, pay at stay
US$31
Trip.com
7 Days Inn Yinbin Renmin Park(Yibin)(Great Value!)
US$14
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

bamboo sea . The transportation is very convenient. Safe and interesting we will come again soon . Thanks all the people we met . Great view and great people.delicious local food . We highly recommend bamboo sea to the world . There a high way still construction. Will be done soon.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 19 November 2015

After researching online about accommodation in the Bamboo Sea we decided to stay at Joan's guesthouse as Joan's was the only guesthouse we could find with an English speaker, and I'm very glad we did.

We got the bus from Chengdu to the Bamboo Sea. The bus actually stops 20km or so out of the national park, which I thought would mean we would need to get a taxi into the park to where Joan's guesthouse is. I'd emailed Joan earlier in the day to tell her approximately when our bus would get in so that she would know when would arrive at the hotel and Joan was actually there to greet us off the bus! She offers a free pick up from the bus stop and drove us back to the guesthouse. She also drove us to the bus stop (and booked the tickets back to Chengdu for us the night before) on the day we left.

When I had emailed her to book my reservation I had asked if she could arrange a driver for us to take us around the Bamboo Sea for the day. I had read that this is necessary if you want to see most of the Bamboo Sea in one day but had found no information online about how or where you book a driver. Thankfully Joan had booked a driver for us and spent time marking on a map where we should go the next day. This worked really well as we were able to point to the driver to show where we wanted to go next and we had a great day.

The rooms were nice and clean and contained an electric blanket, air con, TV, toilet (squat) and shower. The restaurant in the guesthouse is run by her parents and is really lovely. I have food allergies and Joan was very good at explaining these to her parents so I could eat.

The Bamboo Sea is really lovely and we hope to go again one day. We would definitely stay at Joan's again: she's very helpful and friendly!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Considering what a big tourist site the Bamboo Sea is, you would think they would have a wide variety of different accommodations available in and around the park. Unfortunately, there are very few budget accommodations that can host foreigners in the park. Joan's is one of the only places I was able to find for my trip with my parents in May 2014. While it was sufficient for our stay, there were many many ways it could be improved.

Our rooms was fine with two clean beds, but the bathroom was smelly and a bit dirty. As with most Chinese bathrooms, the shower is just over the toilet, but since the toilet is a squat toilet, this is a bit difficult to navigate while taking a shower. You kind of have to be careful not to slip in. And wifi was almost impossible to connect to.

The food at the guesthouse was alright, but they were out of many many items. I also agree with one of the other reviews who mentioned that there were two menus and pricing was different for the English and Chinese menus. Luckily, I can read some Chinese so I ordered off that one and checked the prices before we paid.

The good things are that, I felt Joan was pretty helpful and she was able to pick us up when we arrived and drive us to the cable car to start our visiting the next day. The location is really nice also, near a picturesque ravine.

Overall, I might stay again, but not for more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

In the low season we stayed at Joan's guesthouse, which is beautifully located in the bamboo sea. Joan's mother, who runs the restaurant and hotel is kind and helpfull woman, and apart from a very disgusting shower that must have had it's last clean a long time ago (and after our request for a proper cleaning still contained the leftover soap bars from long gone guests), the hotel rooms are nice enough.
Unfortunately a non Chinese speaking guest has to get in contact with the only English speaking family member Joan, who's main priority seems to be to get money off her guests whenever she can. Charging more for dishes that are listed on the menu, lying about rooms being under construction and therefore having to pay an extra fee to get sufficient accomodation for the amount of people that you booked for (but when you refuse it turns out it magically is available after all), and even refusing to give information to sights in the area while she forces her own (expensive) driver on you to different sites.
Joan offers a pickup service for 60 yuan, but when our busdriver offered to drop us off closer to her guesthouse for only 45 yuan, Joan made sure she got her money anyway by telling the driver to not drop us off any closer.
This stay is probably okay if you don't mind to be alert constantly for Joan's unsympathetic moneygrabbing, but it might be best to learn Chinese and avoid getting into contact with her altogether

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank valerievdbu
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A group of eight of us stayed here last year. The rooms are basic, but functional. Don't expect the ritz! But, Joan is lovely, as are her extended family who all get involved in the business. We turned up not the bamboo forest with no idea where to go, when up pops an older woman with a mobile phone. She shoves it at me, and I hear Joan's voice on the other end. This woman was her mother come to help buy our tickets and drive us to the guest house!

From there on inn Joan's family were great. Her cousin(?) drove us round in his car (for a hire fee) and we ate at the restaurant every night, along with most of the locals.

Joan took one of our friends to the local hairdressers to get a trim, and she also came with us to do some KTV! All in all, cant recommend highly enough!

The website takes a little time to load, but it's here

Stayed: November 2013