All reviewscamera roomdive guidemuck divingfishunderwater photographerboat crewnight diveanother reasondifferent locationsblack wateroutdoor furniturediver ratiosmall poolharlequin shrimpgreat divinghillside bungalowsoctopus
Reviewed 26 September 2013

NAD Lembeh is one of a dozen or so dive resorts on Lembeh Strait. NAD is one of the most affordable resorts in the area, but they still dive the same great sites as every other resort out there. The resort is beautiful and comfortable and is tucked away in a cove that gives you beautiful views of the Strait while also conveniently blocking the view of the less scenic Bitung Harbor. The diving is excellent, but what really sets NAD apart is the dedicated staff and dive crew at the resort. They are all friendly and welcoming, making NAD feel like home for us. The dive guides are outstanding critter spotters, but more importantly, they lead fun and safe dive profiles and really cater to the underwater photographer, being patient and knowing just what to do to help the photographer get the shot they're after. The dive staff is also very attentive and extremely careful with your dive gear and cameras. NAD is a comfortable and friendly resort in a beautiful setting with some of the best critter diving on the planet. What more can you ask for? We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe T
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My girlfriend and I booked 5 nights with NAD's simply going off of online reviews and their website. Having just returned from Indonesia, I have to say this was the best part of our trip by far. Couldn't be more pleased with our stay.

Pickup from Manado was on time and comfortable in a large vehicle. Upon arrival to the resort, we were greeted with drinks and friendly faces. It was a really nice touch that they had saved some lunch for us so we could eat when we arrived since we came a bit later. We booked the Seaview Bungalow and were extremely happy with it. Very nicely designed bungalow and very clean. During our entire stay, the bungalow was always kept very nice for us. The food during all meals was excellent. We found ourselves trying to remember what some of the dishes were so we could order them later on our trip.

On to the diving since that's why you come to NAD's, right? Spectacular. We were paired up with an incredible guide named Johan. He made sure to organize everything we needed right away. On the first day, he asked us if we wanted to see anything in particular so he could keep an eye out for us. By day 3 I remember thinking how happy we were that we had seen everything we wanted to see. On day 5 we were just blown away that Johan was managing to find us new and incredible things. Really can't say enough about him. I'm an Instructor and my girlfriend is a DM, and we both agreed that he was probably the best guide we've ever dove with.

The boats are well kept, very quick, and surprisingly comfortable. All of your gear is taken care of for you and all the staff knows to take care when handling expensive camera rigs. After a dive, there's fresh towels, a light snack served, and crewmembers asking if they can grab you a drink. Have to admit, we're not used to this sort of dive pampering, haha.

Before this gets too long I'll just wrap up and say that service all around was excellent whether it was on the boats or in the resort. The camera wet and dry rooms are spacious and have everything you need.

We like to take at least two diving holidays a year and always want to visit a new location. NAD's is the first place where we've said, "We have to come back here."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Logan A
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Diving: the staff is very competent and knowledgeable, and they do an excellent job of assisting divers in many ways -- finding and identifying the cool critters, assisting with gear and cameras, and diving safely. I particularly appreciated their patience and flexibility dealing with divers of different skill levels. As a well-traveled diver (1,100+ dives) and photographer, I enjoyed having the freedom to dive my own profile, occasionally wander off away from the group for some photos, and not feel rushed to end any dive before I was ready. I opted for the larger tanks (100 cu.in) with Nitrox and enjoyed the longer dives.

Accommodations: The rooms are uncluttered and simple -- clean, comfortable, and mostly quiet. The bed was quite comfortable and hot water was always available in the shower. The metal roofing can be a bit noisy during the occasional downpour; earplugs work great if you are a light sleeper. A nice selection of books and reference material is available in the common area, and a spacious camera room with power strips for recharging batteries and towels for drying equipment.

Ownership/management: Can't speak highly enough about Simon and Zee. I had some camera equipment problems very early in the trip - at first minor, then major. As a photographer, Simon immediately recognized how important this is to a diver, and we discussed the problems and options for solving them. Within a day he had arranged for me to get everything I needed (not an easy task in Sulawesi), and best of all, I didn't have to miss a single dive -- his staff did the legwork while I went diving.

Kudos to Simon, Zee, and the NAD Lembeh staff for a wonderful experience and terrific service -- all at a very affordable price. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hahalua808
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I wrote a review of NAD Lembeh Resort last year, 2012. The same High Quality was apparent in July 2013, when we took three more divers with us on the return trip. DM Stenley is outstanding--and so are the other DMs. The muck diving is fabulous, and we found another dozen or so critters that were new for us. The staff is great, food is very good, and accommodations very nice. Wonderful return visit. Thanks Simon and Zee. We look forward to another trip!

Room Tip: Of course it is very nice to pay a little more and get your own cabin, but the regular rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I have visited this resort twice, both times were fantastic. We rented a cabin the second time and for anyone, this is a scuba diver's paradise. Recommend heartily! The guides were friendly, the managers professional underwater photographers, and the atmosphere all anyone could want from a dive resort in Lembeh.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple