DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh)
US$132
US$119
Lembeh Resort(Pulau Lembeh)
US$255
US$225
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshill villaoutdoor showerour honeymooncomfort roomwithin reasonan excellent placemuck divingdiving centerdiving spotsnorth sulawesioctopusstayed for nightsthe air conditioningfishcamera roomluxuryresort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We chose to stay at the Dabirahe Dive Resort and Spa for our return to Lembeh in October following our fantastic visit to the resort in March and we weren't disappointed!

Our Villa was beautifully appointed and extremely spacious with an excellent large bathroom which included a sunken bath and an outside shower, we had a large balcony which gave a wonderful panoramic views of Lembeh Island and Lembeh Strait which was fantastic on early morning to watch the sunrise with a cup of tea and on an evening to watch the sun go down with a nice chilled drink to unwind after a great days diving.

The resort predominately caters for Scuba Divers and it has an excellent Dive Centre operated by Maka Maka Divers which includes a large camera room, excellent changing facilities and storage areas, you are allocated a Dive Guide who looks after all of your diving needs during your stay, which includes any sites that you would particularly like to dive, critters that you would like to see, rinsing your kit every evening, a true "dive butler" service.

Our guide was Rony whom we have known for a number of years and he organised a fantastic diverse schedule for us to ensure that we optimised our dive experiences to take advantage of the conditions.

The resort was very busy with large groups from China and South Africa however the high level of service at both the resort and Dive Centre was maintained throughout, and the restaurant were extremely flexible with regards to menu selection and you could have more or less anything that you wanted within reason.

On our last night my Wife had arranged with the Resort a surprise Birthday Party for me which was attended by the Dive Centre Team, Resort Staff and Management and what a fantastic evening it was, I will never forget leaving the party with the staff singing 'Happy Birthday' to me, great memories!

This is an exceptional resort which places the customer at the centre of everything that it does, the staff are extremely happy and motivated and we can't wait until we visit Dabirahe again in 2018!

Room Tip: All Villa's have excellent views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Dabirahe_Team, Director of Sales at DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh), responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Mr Graeme and Mrs Carole,
How are you today in Colchester? We, on behalf of the whole Dabirahe Team, would like to express our greatest thanks for your stay with us for the second time. We are very happy indeed that you enjoyed your holiday with us, especially as you enjoyed the comfort stay at one of our best private villa: The Suites. It was also an exciting dive experience that you have managed to encounter many exotic critters on the first few days of your diving with Rony, and the fun of using snoot with the assistance of Reza. The trip to local zoo to see the cute "spectral tarsiers" and the evening city tour to the Port Town of Bitung is also memorable, as we drove down to "Pasar Tua" to experience local seafood cuisine in one of the most popular traditional restaurant in town. We all had great fun when we celebrate your "early" birthday in our infinity swimming pool, with all the laughters, feast and drinks.
Once again thank you so much for your support to stay in Dabirahe, and until we meet again in the next holiday in 2018 (PS: Bitung style tuna sashimi waiting for you).
Have a splendid day ahead.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I normally don't travel back to the same place but in two years this has been the 2nd time for me visit this place. That speaks a lot :) Clean and comfort room, welcoming and caring staffs, very experienced dive guide and yummy food, all marked a perfect holiday you can look for. Strongly recommended

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Dabirahe_Team, Director of Sales at DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh), responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Mrs Hannah, we would like to express our greatest thanks for your first and second stay with us at Dabirahe Resort Lembeh. We are very happy that you have found many rare critters when diving with our dive center: ‘Sheep’ nudie, nemo with an isopod on its mouth (perfectly shot with excellent angle), flabellina, and most of all: “The IDK thing” ^_^
Glad that you enjoyed our best Cliff Villa and our cuisine as well. We hope that you return back to Singapore with a huge smile in your face. Keep in touch and until we meet in another dive holiday. Once again many thanks for your visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I traveled around in the area (Manado, Minahasa, Bunaken) a few years ago and always wanted to come back as the diving in the Lembeh strait is something else and its good to take the time to enjoy it.

The resort is great. I picked it partly because its on the mainland and I remembered that when staying on islands you can take certain things such as hot water and continuous electricity for granted :) and also the mainland has logistical advantages. But I really loved my stay here actually. The bungalow is a very spacious solid house on a cliff which is tastefully decorated and has all the comforts you'd expect from a really good hotel. It has great panoramic views and a comfortable lounge on the balcony for me to linger on with a book after diving. As it was fairly windy (September) the temperature was not super hot (nice and warm) and surprisingly barely any mosquitoes (you're in a jungle). I think its because of how the wind comes from the strait on to your balcony. The bathroom is also very cool with a massive tub and rainfall shower. I managed to get a shower in between most dives. There's no beach but the area is not really blue lagoon like anyway. There's only volcanic black sand in the entire strait.

The diving, well the Lembeh strait is famous for good reason. During the first few days there was a bit of rain here and there which means the water has more sediment. Visibility was the worst on those days. The manager suggested this is great for diving because the creatures come out more and to higher depths. I think its true because I saw a lot. Need a good torch though. The dive masters made sure I saw a good mix of dive sites (both muck and beautiful walls) which were mostly within a 10 minute vicinity. They were also great at spotting stuff and helping me out practicing my still amateurish photography skills. I got lucky having a dive master to myself for most of the trip but normally they say the groups are small anyway. After diving they bring you a hot face towel, water tea and snacks.

The resort is trying to diversify as a yoga retreat so in my last day I got lucky and was able to join a group from Jakarta. Also i had a massage which was excellent. The views from the spa are beautiful. I wondered across there a few times in the evening and watched the moonlit strait through the palm trees.

Both the staff in the resort and dive school was great. I would definitely recommend this place and stay here again if around.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Dabirahe_Team, Director of Sales at DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh), responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Ms. Margarita Volodina,

On behalf of Dabirahe Team, we would like to express our greatest thanks for your stay with us. We are extremely happy to hear that you are enjoying your dive and stay with us, and this has motivated us to develop our services and hospitality level further to satisfy all our guests. We hope that you are returning home to London safely and happy with our services. We also wish you good luck adapting with the jetlag :).

Please accept our apologies should there are things that might be a bit inconvenient during your stay. We hope to see you again for another exciting dive and trip adventure in Lembeh and North Sulawesi.

Thank you very much once again, we wish you a great time in London and all the best with the new job :-D

Best Regards,

Reza Tobing

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We spent a week at Dabirahe Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort in late August 2017. With the exception of the first day, we basically had the resort to ourselves. Direct communications with the resort was great, once I eliminated channeling my communications through the travel agent.

Transport (included in the price) to and from Manado to the resort was safe and timely. The staff was extremely friendly and responsive. Service was generally excellent. This is not a five star resort so do not expect the Four Seasons. The resort is built on the side of a cliff. There is lots of up and down walking, up to your room, down to the dive center, back to your room, down to the dining room, etc.. We were offered but generally declined, the golf cart service to and from the various locations at the resort.

The room was clean and well maintained. The air conditioning worked and the mosquitos were generally well controlled. There was both an indoor and outdoor shower. Plenty of hot water too! I really cannot complain much about the service or the room, like I stated previously, this is not a Four Seasons. Internet and mobile phone coverage generally worked during our stay. Do not expect access via a digital super highway.

We did not use the spa services during our stay.

Food was plentiful and well prepared. Although there was a daily set menu, we were advised that we could order almost anything we wanted, within reason. We ate mostly Indonesian style with lots of seafood dishes. The food included fresh ingredients and was prepared to order. Beer, wine and spirits were available for purchase in the dining room (open air). We generally stuck with the local beer, Bintang.

We had a dedicated dive guide and dive boat for the week. Diving was safe and personalized. The service was excellent, with careful handling of our gear, including rinsing each day and safe storage each night in the dive shop. There was an option to do a night dive every night, so in theory you could do up to 4 dives a day, probably more if you asked.

We used Nitrox for the week. Nitrox tank analysis was required and correctly conducted for each dive. The resort’s Nitrox compressor was not working so we made a daily morning trip to pick up fresh Nitrox tanks from moored liveaboard. This was a slight inconvenience but it did not seem to have much of an impact on the choice of dive sites or the time spent underwater. I shot underwater video on every dive. The guide was excellent in locating most of the critters that we requested, although we never did find the elusive Weedy Scorpionfish.

The all inclusive package that we purchased for our stay was an extremely good value. I have no complaints and would return again to Dabirahe Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort for another visit.

Note: This was my second trip to Lembeh Straits so I knew what to expect in terms of diving, location etc. Lembeh Straits is all about muck diving. This is a quite and remote destination primarily for tourists. It is a locally populated area so do not expect pristine white sandy beaches.

Do not expect night life. This is the equivalent of a live aboard dive boat, eat, dive and sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Dabirahe_Team, Director of Sales at DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh), responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Mr & Mrs Haupt,
We, on behalf of Dabirahe Team, would like to express our greatest thanks for your stay with us. We are very gland indeed that you enjoyed your dive holiday time here. The boys at Maka-Maka Dive Center are very happy as well as you managed to sit with them in their crib and had a photo sessions there. We apologize for the slight inconvenience including the nitrox compressor, as we are actually soon on the process of enhancing our nitrox facilities here. Glad that we managed to deliver many of the rare critters included in your wish list, we we hope that we could have a chance to meet the rare and beautiful "Weedy Scorpionfish" for the next time you are planning to visit us again. We could also bring you to visit the MInahasa highlands or the National Parks here for an exciting land tour, plenty of exotic and gorgeous flora and fauna in this region. Once again thank you very much for everything, and best wished as well from Reza, Ronny, Steven and Robby here.
Have a great time ahead in New Mexico.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I had a wonderful stay at this resort. The staff was so friendly, the views were amazing, and the food was fantastic. There was good short diving right off the dock. The little village down the street was also fun and very friendly. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dabirahe_Team, Director of Sales at DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh), responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Mr Grady,
How are you today, Sir? Wish you a great day in the US. We would like to express our greatest thanks for your decision to stay here with us. We are very happy to know that you are enjoying your moments here in Dabirahe, and that the family of your friend decided to come over here as well for a weekend getaway. it is great as well that your Team managed to have a relaxing time to enjoy our Infinity pool, dinner sessions in our Cliff Restaurant and a BBQ on your last day of duty here. We apologize should there are things that might be inconvenient during your stay.
Thank you once again, have a great day in the US.